TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

I dont know, The Leader always just creates or uses another Monstor to fight Hulk who is a clone of him or gamma radiated in some way, so I just dont see The Leader as a big threat personally, not on his own anyway.

Maybe Red Hulk could be the henchman to The Leader or something as he will use one. I doubt we are going to see the likes of Zzazzz or Wendigo on the big screen. Planet Hulk seems the next logical step to me simply because it develops the Hulk as a character as well.

The Leader does create monsters to combat him, true. But Hulk has a plethora of villains he could use that offer something unique. I feel like sending him off into space lacks creativity because he hasn't been used to the point of being redundant on Earth yet, and Iron Man and he are best friends, so you have to create some kind of subplot that will detract from the Avengers battle against Thanos in order to have them send off Hulk into space. I think it is a lazy and poor idea when the Hulk has so much more untapped potential.

Congratulations to Ang Lee for the Oscar...how many does Frenchie have now...? :hehe:

For me personally, I've realized recently, even if TIH was far superior, Ang's Hulk has kind of reached a plateau of nostalgia for me.

To me it's still an unbearable blackhole of awfulness sucking in all light and joy within it's reach.

The Leader does create monsters to combat him, true. But Hulk has a plethora of villains he could use that offer something unique. I feel like sending him off into space lacks creativity because he hasn't been used to the point of being redundant on Earth yet, and Iron Man and he are best friends, so you have to create some kind of subplot that will detract from the Avengers battle against Thanos in order to have them send off Hulk into space. I think it is a lazy and poor idea when the Hulk has so much more untapped potential.

I know and agree with what you are saying. But I think Marvel will be looking at it differently, Hulk has been in 3 Earth-based movies now, and was only well recieved in one of them. Maybe Marvel feels they need to send him into space just to make people interested in him again.

The rumour has been debunked, so I still dont see PT happening anytime soon. But if PT is the only way we will get another solo Hulk movie, I would be more than happy to see it come to fruition. Also I loved the comic storyline which helps.

I find the best is Mark Ruffalo's Hulk because he's a hulk that's not so scary and also has humor, and also the CGI is closest to the actual actor, Mark Ruffalo. The other Hulks looks so generic and the CGI sucked alot. That's just my opinion.

I think ang lees directing was great, there was some great atmosphere and whenever there WAS an action scene it was fantastic (except maybe the climax), whereas the Incredible Hulk had a better structured story. The problem was that it was directed by a generic action director, so it came off like a generic action film.

AMC is playing Hulk right now and aside from the wacky editing I find myself enjoying the film. Eric Bana seemed like a man struggling to keep a monster inside him. While I didn't like the growing thing...I think this movie showed an accurate depiction of The Hulk's abilities and expanded on them intelligently....if he can jump a mile in a single bound why can't he run fast?

I don't remember ANYONE complaining about his running fast. Obviously he does in the comics though it all too often is given a back seat to the leaping.

Honestly, the final fight in the Ang Lee Hulk wasn't bad, in terms of fight choreography and effects. It was just an awful, awful misplaced anticlimax.

Doubt it. Pretty sure Ruffalo would have said something about being offered the part at one point during TA press.

To me it's still an unbearable blackhole of awfulness sucking in all light and joy within it's reach.
Thank you for the informative information.

CBM:
EDITORIAL: The Incredible Hulk: A Cinematic Hot Mess? PART 2.1
I gotta be honest, the development of Marvel’s Iconic Emerald Giant into a film reads like a “How To” on doing everything wrong in developing a comic book movie. Back in the early nineties, I was fortunate to get my hands on a copy of a proposed HULK script that while it left much to be desired … was LEAUGES BETTER than the resultant 2003 fiasco. This script featured the origins of the Hulk nemesis “THE LEADER” and numerous skirmishes between the HULK and the US MILITARY. The Hulk’s Mr. Fixit alter ego, Rick Jones and even Marlo Chandler. It was basically … A really GOOD START to a proposed Hulk movie.
IGN:
An Interview with Jonathan Hensleigh - We speak with the writer/director behind The Punisher.

IGNFF: At one point, weren't you going to helm Hulk?

HENSLEIGH:
Yeah. I was in pre-production for nine months.

IGNFF: What happened with that?

HENSLEIGH:
They fired Casey Silver and they shut down his projects. The budget had been high – it had always been hovering around $100 million, and they were trying to get me to cut the script to take it lower. They wanted me to stay on the project to continue to rewrite the script to make the budget lower, and I just said, "I've been on this project for a year. I can't wait around unless I have a 100% commitment that you're going to make it." And they couldn't really do that – they were in transition – so I just said, "Listen, I've got to move on." Gale (Anne Hurd), of course, stayed with it, and a few years later Ang Lee attached, and that was that.
Billy Crudup As Ang Lee's HULK? See The Concept Art!
Conceptual illustrator, Benton Jew, had the privilege of working on not one, not two, but three live-action Hulk films: Jonathan Hensleigh's defunct Hulk film (1997), Ang Lee's 2003 film, and Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk (2008). Come see concept art and storyboards.

Last edited:
I can't believe some people like Ang Lees Hulk. That movie is awful lol. Almost unwatchable, actually is unwatchable for me. Hulk actually looks like a straight rubber doll haha.

I'm not a huge fan of either Hulk film, but Ang Lee's is more enjoyable for me. Don't really know why, I just like it.

AMC is playing Hulk right now and aside from the wacky editing I find myself enjoying the film. Eric Bana seemed like a man struggling to keep a monster inside him. While I didn't like the growing thing...I think this movie showed an accurate depiction of The Hulk's abilities and expanded on them intelligently....if he can jump a mile in a single bound why can't he run fast?
I don't remember ANYONE complaining about his running fast. Obviously he does in the comics though it all too often is given a back seat to the leaping.
Indestructible Hulk Marvel NOW News Conference
Mark Waid said:
“One of the things that Leinil’s artwork made me realize is we tend to think of the Hulk as this lumbering brute who stomps around when he’s angry,” said Waid. “I think that’s because a lot of us grew up with the Lou Ferrigno TV show, but those are giant muscles on that guy. The Hulk is fast. … Leinil does such a good job at capturing the Hulk as a force of nature.” Waid said that Yu was drawing the Hulk in a way he felt nobody else ever has.

Last edited:
I can't believe some people like Ang Lees Hulk. That movie is awful lol. Almost unwatchable, actually is unwatchable for me. Hulk actually looks like a straight rubber doll haha.

Perhaps because there is more to a movie than the main character's appearance. :whatever:

New Hulk & Incredible Hulk Bluray Steelbooks coming out in June.

http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hu...&ie=UTF8&qid=1365553467&sr=1-19&keywords=hulk

91RDxN%2BDWML._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Hulk-Blu-ray-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1365553720&sr=1-20&keywords=hulk

91QtvHFqRnL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
UGH I already have both on DVD and Bluray but now I have to get those. :cmad:

Idk why but over time I've come to love ang lees hulk idk why. I used to say I hated it and it sucked, then said I kinda liked it and it was ok. Now I actually and say I really like it and think its a good movie.

I'm crazy I know lol

UGH I already have both on DVD and Bluray but now I have to get those. :cmad:

Universal will be re-releasing more movies in comic book steelbook design.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/040913_1600

Meanwhile, Universal has set a number of their catalog BD titles for re-release in “comic book-style” Steelbook packaging on 6/25, including The Big Lebowski, The Chronicles of Riddick, Death Race, Doom, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Hot Fuzz, The Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, The Mummy (1999), Paul, Pitch Black, Scarface, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Serenity, Shaun of the Dead and Van Helsing.

Idk why but over time I've come to love ang lees hulk idk why. I used to say I hated it and it sucked, then said I kinda liked it and it was ok. Now I actually and say I really like it and think its a good movie.

I'm crazy I know lol

I have said from the beginning it is a movie that will grow on people, now I liked it in the cinema, but just grew to love it more and more with every viewing, I have been encouraging people who used to hate to watch it for a few years now, and many likes yourself, have ended up loving the movie. It has this ability to get under your skin that very few comic book movies possess.

Universal will be re-releasing more movies in comic book steelbook design.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/040913_1600

Meanwhile, Universal has set a number of their catalog BD titles for re-release in “comic book-style” Steelbook packaging on 6/25, including The Big Lebowski, The Chronicles of Riddick, Death Race, Doom, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Hot Fuzz, The Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, The Mummy (1999), Paul, Pitch Black, Scarface, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Serenity, Shaun of the Dead and Van Helsing.

Will these all be HD re-masters? I only ask because I own a few of them on BD already and would only re-purchase with a new HD transfer involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"