One thing I do miss about Ang Lee's Hulk...

Superwoman Prime

Damaged Beyond Repair
Reaction score
and this has to do with TIH, so that's why I put it here.

I really wanted to see Hulk jump great distances in TIH like with Ang Lee's Hulk. I always thought those parts were amazing.

Unless I'm forgetting a scene somewhere, he didn't do it in TIH.

IMO it was silly of them to remove this from TIH when it is Hulk's main method of transport. Its like making Superman not fly or Spidey not swing in a movie, its ridiculous.

But for some reason Marvel thought this was the reason Ang's Hulk was poorly recieved, the jumping scene's! Which were actually some of the best scene's in the movie.

IMO it was silly of them to remove this from TIH when it is Hulk's main method of transport. Its like making Superman not fly or Spidey not swing in a movie, its ridiculous.

But for some reason Marvel thought this was the reason Ang's Hulk was poorly recieved, the jumping scene's! Which were actually some of the best scene's in the movie.

Yeah, they were.

The leaping scene was one of my all-time favorite moments from any movie ever. There were many elements from Ang Lee's Hulk that should have been kept. Hopefully if/when a sequel is made the pendulum will swing somewhere in the middle of its two predecessors.

He did land in that rainy cave place. And after he defeated Abomy he jumped a few times (not super high but still).
I suppose people were just supposed to know.

He didn't really have a lot of room to jump around.

-TNC

He didn't really have a lot of room to jump around.

-TNC

I agree with this, here weren't alot of opportunities for the hulk to perform massive leaps in the movie. However, I was hoping at the end of the movie as he was running off he'd perform a leap, it was a good opportunity for him to use it and it would've been the icing on the cake for me.

There were plenty of potential opportunities

the first one being the helicopter spot, we could have seen him jumping with betty, there could have been some pov jump scenes in the begining montage.

the opportunities could have been there if they wanted to put them in, same with showcasing his strength, the whole film was one big scaled down hulk to coincide with the tv series.

there's not even the 'madder he gets, stronger he gets' line in there. I mean imagine if they used that as a selling point in the film to watch his feats of strength and power get bigger the longer the fight goes on rather than lifting abominations arms up (wooo) and strangling him (yay).

My guess is that they were told to just show him climbing up buildings by the windows instead, all the better to sell the video game tie-in.

Don't think it's because of the video games. If anything, they would have sold more if Hulk better displayed this ability in TIH.

it's like seein usain bolt crawling the 100 metres, it's ridiculous to even fathom.

There were plenty of potential opportunities

the first one being the helicopter spot, we could have seen him jumping with betty, there could have been some pov jump scenes in the begining montage.

the opportunities could have been there if they wanted to put them in, same with showcasing his strength, the whole film was one big scaled down hulk to coincide with the tv series.

there's not even the 'madder he gets, stronger he gets' line in there. I mean imagine if they used that as a selling point in the film to watch his feats of strength and power get bigger the longer the fight goes on rather than lifting abominations arms up (wooo) and strangling him (yay).
lol, agree with everything you said. Hulk was just very weak in this movie.

Have they specifically said that he can't jump long distances, or did they just decide to not showcase this ability?

Have they specifically said that he can't jump long distances, or did they just decide to not showcase this ability?

a bit of both, they didnt show it, but when they clearly could have, they used the ******ed "Hulk climbs buildings" bs insted of him just jumping straight up.

Let's not forget there are classic comics where he barely jumps at all. Enough criticism might convince Marvel to change their opinion and introduce the jumps in a sequel. Maybe even in The Avengers.

I think it was that. Because when Banner is chased to the bottling plant and changes to the Hulk... when he comes to, he is in an entirely different country.

How'd he get there? Most likely an off-screen leap or two...

I thought so. Plus when he takes Betty to the cave it seems like he had leapt his way over there. You see him briefly landing.

yeah and off screen he lifted a mountain and fought the entire army and threw bigger tanks and suplexed a sky scraper, it was awesome...

those off screen parts were the best scenes of the entire film.

i hope when marvel take back spiderman, they do all his web swinging off screen, that would simply be AMAZING

Yes November whatever, let's just do all the scenes from Ang Lee's Hulk over in Incredible Hulk as so people will avoid it because they think it is just a sequel to the flop... :whatever:

well they thought that anyway regardless...at least keep repeat the good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"