Incredible! Ang Lee's Hulk better than Superman Returns!

Red Mask

Human Killing Machine
Reaction score
I couldn't believe until now. Ang Lee's Hulk is actually better than Superman Returns. It's more exciting, better character performance, and drama. Incredible.

I can't disagree. Although Superman Returns was an okay movie, it lacked any real pizazz and excitement... in fact it didn't have any. Nothing ever felt really big and important, and the soundtrack really wasn't that good... it was really just the one John Williams-lifted piece over and over again.

Batman Begins and Hulk were big movies in that there were dramatic set pieces with amazing action and also great character moments as well, and afterwards, I was an excited movie-goer. This made me go ho-hum, not good for a movie starring Superman...

I can agree with this. The more I think about SR, the less I like it. It just....sucked.

What's up with the lousy romance? All these hero films and Hulk still has the deepest, loving couple! I couldn't really feel for Lois and Supes. So much wasn't said. I feel sorry for Richard, played James Marsden. He was a straight shooter. Bana and Connelly played the best couple. Betty even recognized Bruce when first encountering the Hulk!

is the film really as bad as you say or are you just joking around?

It does have it's good points. Special effects and background imagery. But it lacks a strong direction. I agree with Roger Ebert on this one.

Sava said:
is the film really as bad as you say or are you just joking around?

If you want my two cents...I enjoyed Hulk better than SR and I think it's mainly because I went in to Huk with low expectations and got a pretty good drama (which is why most people didn't like it). I went to SR with high expectations and got a lesser film.

I haven't seen Superman Returns but I'm not surprised.

I've heard from quite a few people that SR is amazing.

Then go see it yourself. I did and was bored to tears. Connelly and Bana had a stronger romance. Betty Ross was smart enough to recognize Bruce in the Hulk.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I've heard from quite a few people that SR is amazing.
quite a few others seem to think it sucks ;)

i'm afraid i must agree
i didn't like SR as much as i hoped i would

i mean it was better than x3-duh
better than ff-duh
better than most of dd-duh

worse than bb
worse than punisher
worse than hulk

SR just lacked in a lot of areas

dont get me wrong, i suggest u see it...its complicated

i feel its gonna be straight down the middle for this one

so far the reviews are good
numbers are lacking

maybe word of mouth will kill it after the holiday or maybe it will rise back up over the holiday.

I thought it would be a cold day in hell before i said this but..damn! Hulk was actually a lot better than SR...and i absolutely hated Hulk!

Red Mask said:
Then go see it yourself. I did and was bored to tears. Connelly and Bana had a stronger romance. Betty Ross was smart enough to recognize Bruce in the Hulk.

Oh i am definately going to see it, but its not out here till the 14th.

I can't believe anyone would think that the Hulk was exciting. The actors spoke so low it drove me nuts. The origin of the Hulk, Absorbing-Dad... it was all crap. The movie was slooooooow except for the few action spots.(Mainly the tank scenes).

I wouldn't say SR is better... but it is no worse.

who cares about the hulk, how does it care to a crap film we all know is crap, catwoman?

I knew Catwoman was going to be crap. That's why I have yet to... and never will see it.

I liked superman, but I loved ang lee's hulk. That size and power was just extremely appealing to me.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Oh i am definately going to see it, but its not out here till the 14th.

Enjoy what's left of the World Cup! :up:

Sasquatch said:
I can't believe anyone would think that the Hulk was exciting. The actors spoke so low it drove me nuts. The origin of the Hulk, Absorbing-Dad... it was all crap. The movie was slooooooow except for the few action spots.(Mainly the tank scenes).

I wouldn't say SR is better... but it is no worse.

Hulk fought opponents with more power. The dogs were lame but they gave a savage fight. He evaded and beat enough firepower to level a town. And I could hear the voices just fine. Lots of meaningful dialogue too. Betty didn't have to keep wondering if she still loved Bruce.

Can i just ask, the people who disliked SR, did you like X-Men 1 and 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"