Batman Begins Tim Burton thought Begins was really good and more to the root of the comics...

i geuss having a dissenting opinion will always inflame the senses of the majority, as i said before:

haha, i knew some fanboy with delicate sensibilities would react this way.

i geuss if you have to resort to name calling then you've only validated my point. Thank you.

=]

It's a very eloquent retort slick :woot:

a) Selina Kyle wasn´t dead in the end of BR. We clearly see Catwoman in the last frame of the movie.
b) Bruce kissed the girl in BB, but she left him because she couldn´t deal with his Batman identity. It wasn´t a happy ending for him.
c) Batman saved the day by stopping Penguin in BR.
d) Bruce´s struggle was much more than that, it was about dealing with his feelings of guilt over the death of his parents and especially his fear of his own anger getting outta hand, which is still not something fully resolved.
e) Please, I don´t want this to turn into yet another Nolan vs. Burton argument. Burton´s approach has his qualities, and I´ll always have a soft spot for his first Batman movie.

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, and I appreciate you elaborating on your views and in a civil way. Good points.

Burton's my all-time favorite director and I loved his Batman films. And I love Nolan's films! I'm glad to see that there are people out there who realize that this whole dispute between fans is unnecessary and childish.
I love the fact that Burton saw and liked Begins. I really want to know what he thinks of The Dark Knight when it's released! :woot:

i geuss having a dissenting opinion will always inflame the senses of the majority, as i said before:

i geuss if you have to resort to name calling then you've only validated my point. Thank you.

=]

I guess "geuss" was not a mere typo. :p

I love both Burton films and Begins. But without Burton's films we wouldn't have Batman Begins.

And without Adam West we wouldn't have gotten Tim Burton's Batman.

Just thought I'd mention that.

But I do think Burton was aware of the changes he was making. Which I actually like, as opposed to blindly swinging the stick the way it seems Shumacher was doing.

I love Burton. :)
I hope this stops the war between the snarky Nolanites and Burtonites.

Personally I love both versions.

since there's not much of a ring to "Schumacherite" can we just shorten it to "****e"?

Last edited:
Not sure how you can have a war over all this stuff. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes and how they remember their Bat-experiences. As a kid I loved the tv show, growing up in the Pulp Fiction/Crow edgy era I was great disappointed by the Burton films. The only film I remember having and fun experience with was Carey's Riddler, which ya, does look ridiculous now. Now as an adult, Batman begins and TDK have totally got me back into Batman again like I was when I was a little kid watching Adam West. So to each their own. Walking into a coffee shop with a Ledger Joker shirt on, the girl behind the counter ( a quarter of my age) said....bah....Nicholson was better. You can't win :)

Walking into a coffee shop with a Ledger Joker shirt on, the girl behind the counter ( a quarter of my age) said....bah....Nicholson was better. You can't win :)

:joker:

You can't rub his rhubarb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"