Tim Burton's Frankenweenie

I absolutely adored this film, It's old school Tim Burton and I loved every minute of it. I wonder if he's gonna do a full length film for Vincent.

Posting these in spoilers just in case. It's all the pets in a old school Universal monsters style posters.

u7xhS.jpg

Z1mZ7.jpg

6osEE.jpg

tvFMf.jpg

nlaPb.jpg

URZJO.jpg

I can't wait to see this. I might check it out tomorrow or next weekend. That Were-rat reminds me a lot of this guy:

8632980_3.jpg

I saw it. Man enough to say parts of it made me cry. I'd say as emotional as Toy Story 3 and definitely Big Fish.

I absolutely adored this film, It's old school Tim Burton and I loved every minute of it. I wonder if he's gonna do a full length film for Vincent.

I doubt it. I don't think Burton would have the heart since Price has been dead for so many years.

I'm kind of crushed that it only made $11.5 million in this opening weekend. I didn't expect it to set the box office on fire - it's a stop-motion animated movie in black and white, not exactly a safe prospect for the kids - but I so hoped that it would do relaly well. Seeing Hotel Transylvania at 2 with $26.3 million and Frankenweenie at 5 with $11.5 million bummed me out. I figured Hotel Transylvania would be competition, but I didn't think Frankenweenie would tank. I hope it finds it audience down the line; I'm sure it will, but now it seems unlikely that it'll be theatrically.

This and Corpse Bride. Burton makes his cartoons insanely dark and doesn't pander, which I will always respect. But you can't really sell a lot of toys on that.

How well did the other stop motion films this year do, the somewhat similar Paranorman and Pirates Band of Misfits? Pirates I know tanked hard.

ParaNorman - $86,781,792 WW

The Pirates! Band of Misfits - $121,637,375 WW

Frankenweenie - $13,074,663 Domestic as of right now

Posting these in spoilers just in case. It's all the pets in a old school Universal monsters style posters.

u7xhS.jpg

Z1mZ7.jpg

6osEE.jpg

tvFMf.jpg

nlaPb.jpg

URZJO.jpg

Those are really cool. I can't wait to see Frankenweenie this weekend.

Just saw this movie and loved it! I've got to say, the back-to-back of ParaNorman and Frankenweenie is so refreshing. Nothing's better than seeing quality "for all ages" movies done right. I hope the box office numbers pick up so the Burton will have a little more pull with the studios to make more movies for himself, instead of doing the execs a solid and cranking out a couple pieces of dreck.

Oh, also - and I have no idea why - but I found Edgar to be incredibly sympathetic. Anybody else feel this way? Everything he did, I was just like, "Aw, he's just trying to make some friends." Maybe it was that (adorable?) smile...

I felt he could be pretty sympathetic, but he was also kind of a jerk. Like how he forced Victor to tell him how he brought Sparky back to life or he'd tell everybody. Not exactly a kind thing to do.

Just watched. Loved it. More people should be going to see this.

Sparky was adorable. :csad:

Sparky was awesome, I really enjoyed Weird Girl and her cat.

I thought it was really good. The references to old monster films were really cool . The parents watching live action was very strange though. It was cool to see Christopher Lee but it took me out of the film a bit. All the supporting characters were interesting. I could watch this again and again.

Picked up the Blu-ray today. There's some really great features on it, including a new short film (and when they say short, they mean it), but it's still a lot of fun. It also includes the original live-action short, which was a nice bonus.

For me this film was just a bit to slight and standard, run of the mill Burton for the most part.

It was certainly well animated and there was quite of bit of craftsmanship on display but overall the films aesthetic, which felt kind of stale at this point, failed to excite in they the completely off kilter world of Paranorman did.

Also though, what was with the spectacularly stereotypical Asian child antagonist? That struck me as being really off base.

I don't know, the one just didn't do it for me. Perhaps because I had already scene it as a perfectly fine short?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"