Tim Story Gives Fantastic Four 2 Update

Tim does that with a % of his blogs. They'll pop up and then vanish. You know the guy's on the side of the fans either way. I guess Fox doesn't want to appear like they're not in control of the film...or are too embarassed to ask for the fan's help. Type to e-mail Rothman again along with that X4 e-mail.

Someone should just add a poll to this thread that says:

Do you want Doug Jones to Voice the Surfer.

1) Yes

2) No

I really don't see why the studio would need our input on this. As already stated in various threads, we haven't heard Doug doing the voice (and I highly doubt we will until it is placed into the movie, if he is doing it), so how can we say that he is our choice? Sure we can suggest other people that THEY can listen to, but the final decision is down to them, and we have to trust them to make the right choice for the good of this movie.

I still think Tim and the rest of the crew have ample brains (and ears) between them to decide whether or not they like the voice he has created (which we have heard is very cool).

I think the voice should sound hollow/robotic/metallic, couldn't they do that to just about anyone's voice? As long as they could convey the proper emotions and influctions.

How do you get a hollow/robotic/metallic voice that conveys emotion and influctions? Just by having it sound robotic means there are no emotions or influctions.

>^^<

I really don't see why the studio would need our input on this. As already stated in various threads, we haven't heard Doug doing the voice (and I highly doubt we will until it is placed into the movie, if he is doing it), so how can we say that he is our choice?

I still think Tim and the rest of the crew have ample brains, and hearing between them to decide whether or not they like the voice he has created (which we have heard is very cool).

Absolutely right. The feedback Doug had from Tim, the cast and crew was very, VERY positive, and that's great, but this sort of thing is not really for the public domain (for legal reasons, for a start). I've heard the Surfer's voice (and yes, it's cool) but I can no more influence this than anyone else. We'll just have to wait and see, and that's fine by me.

HM

If this had been done to Michael, Chris, Ioan or Jessica there would have been outrage and quite rightly so.
With the exception of Chiklis, it would never have come up.
(Though obviously I wish it had come up for the voice of final Doom in FF1.)

I agree that Tim's blog and its vanishing act is a bit inappropriate and embarrassing. If you ask Doug Jones, though, he might not be at all surprised that the question of the voice is still in the air.
And with the glowing reception that Pan's Labyrinth is getting right now, he probably isn't overly concerned. Things are going very well for him.

Perhaps Doug Jones does sound fine, even great, but since a Silver Surfer stand-alone film may be in the offing, Fox may be considering whether Jones' name has the marquee power that the voice of an established major star would have. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, and I'm sure it wouldn't surprise Doug.

I'm sure we'll "hear" something on all this soon enough.

Matt, never received a single email from you.
Matt and Malus, no one is begging or forcing you to do anyting. Tim asked or a fan responce, not I.

Uh, no offense, but didn't you do that in your initial post? :huh:
Quote:
"Please help me in supporting Doug Jones as the voice of the Silver Surfer. Go to Tim Story's blog and let him know"

Perhaps Doug Jones does sound fine, even great, but since a Silver Surfer stand-alone film may be in the offing, Fox may be considering whether Jones' name has the marquee power that the voice of an established major star would have. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, and I'm sure it wouldn't surprise Doug.
Tim Story said:
Okay, so if it could be anyone - who would be the voice of the Surfer? And don't be obvious. The person/voice can't be too recognizable or it will take you out of the movie.
Sounds to me like he's looking for someone with an even less known name than Doug's.

>^^<

Sounds to me like he's looking for someone with an even less known name than Doug's.

>^^<

Given the fact that Tim's blog entry has since been removed, who is to say that Tim and the Studio share the same ideas about the character in this respect? I am not saying that either party is right or wrong, I believe Tim will have a better idea of what we would want, but at the same time I think Malus raises a valid point.

Not necessarily.
He said they can't be too recognizable.
I think he was saying that there's a big difference between Patrick Stewart's voice and David Hyde Pierce's. (As an example.)

The point is that the whole thing was thoroughly unprofessional. I'm glad Tim Story had the sense to take the blog down.

HM

Or say the difference between Sean Connery's voice and Rob Morrow's.
You get the idea.

mattc said:
I still think Tim and the rest of the crew have ample brains, and hearing between them to decide whether or not they like the voice he has created.

Uh...we're talking about the people who thought Dr. Doom should talk like a polite metrosexual with a mask on when saying things like "Marco?...POlo?" and "Let's not fight.", so......no. :o

Also I think it says a lot that he's asking for opinions from the masses.
Try to picture Stanley Kubrick or Stephen Spielberg saying "Hey Gang! How do you think I should handle this major character in my next movie?!? :)"

:o:o

Something like F4 needs an auteur, like Raimi, or Jack Kirby, a man with a solid, superior vision.
Brother.

I really don't see why the studio would need our input on this. As already stated in various threads, we haven't heard Doug doing the voice (and I highly doubt we will until it is placed into the movie, if he is doing it), so how can we say that he is our choice? Sure we can suggest other people that THEY can listen to, but the final decision is down to them, and we have to trust them to make the right choice for the good of this movie.

I still think Tim and the rest of the crew have ample brains (and ears) between them to decide whether or not they like the voice he has created (which we have heard is very cool).

I think it was a good idea to hear what some fans had to say. The last thing they need is a few hundred fans spreading negative buzz and hatred all over the net over something stupid like this. I believe HM said she has heard his voice for the part btw. :)

Uh...we're talking about the people who thought Dr. Doom should talk like a polite metrosexual with a mask on when saying things like "Marco?...POlo?" and "Let's not fight.", so......no. :o

That was one of the parts that bugged me. However I think Tim Story and company will do just fine this time now that the studio has confidence in the franchise. I'm sure he had more freedom this time. Hell it was Tim who fought to get the Silver Surfer in these films instead of a stand alone film....first.

Well, SS does look a lot closer to the comics than anyone from the first movie did. We'll see.

I like Doug Jones, he is a great Abe Sapien, but I got to confess, I don't think his voice is commanding enough for the Herald of Galactus. I gotta admit, despite his work in V for Vendetta I'd like to see Hugo Weaving do it. He has a voice that is cold, calculating, calm and yet very commanding and powerful.

I'd like it to be reallly abnormal, like a very effected, rainbowy, phase-shifted low, but weirdly peaceful-sounding man's voice...like they often do in movies where an angel is talking, or an enlightened, aloof, neutral alien.

I think it was a good idea to hear what some fans had to say. The last thing they need is a few hundred fans spreading negative buzz and hatred all over the net over something stupid like this. I believe HM said she has heard his voice for the part btw. :)

I know HM has, I was meaning that everyone should have the chance to hear it before forming an opinion, as we all like different things. And fans will always find something to be negative about lol Whether they cast the perfect person for a role or not.

I wish we could hear a sample of how Doug sounds in the role. That would help me determine which direction I'd like to see them go. But for now, what's wrong with Doug's? Just add some SFX synthesizing (sp?) to it in order to give it some otherworldly flavor.

Exactly,if we could hear a couple of lines it would help,still ive being vibing on Morgan Freeman as the voice of the SS

Has he ever actually had a speaking role in a film? I'd like to check it out anyway.

Julian get knocked constantly on this board about his voice and I think it's just fine myself.

That's just cos you're in love with him:cwink:

Has eveyone seen the footage from Star Wars where David Prowse is saying the Darth Vader lines?
Hilarious.
It makes it even more hilarious that he was upset they didn't use his voice.
Clueless,lol.

Yorkshire Pud Vader would have been........different

If I heard Freeman as SS

I'd wouldn't be able to stop laughing

Yorkshire Pud Vader would have been........different
lol, If I'd been David Prowse, after one look at the costume I'd've tried to get it in writing that they weren't going to use my voice.:huh:

EDIT: Maybe they should just get the trailler guy for SS.

"In a WooOOOoRLD....that's about to be consumed by my master, Galactus..." :)

lol, If I'd been David Prowse, after one look at the costume I'd've tried to get it in writing that they weren't going to use my voice.:huh:

EDIT: Maybe they should just get the trailler guy for SS.

"In a WooOOOoRLD....that's about to be consumed by my master, Galactus..." :)

Maybe he was hoping that they'd let him keep the costume and that the mullet hat would be a chick magnet:ninja:

The trailer voice man never gets his due:csad:

silence newbie:huh:

Silence slightly less new newibe......:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back