Tim Story Gives Fantastic Four 2 Update

Batman1939

Sidekick
Reaction score
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer director Tim Story has posted an update on what is happening at this time on his official Blog:

Here I am guys. Been going strong editing for a couple weeks now (not including the countless weeks doing it while I was shooting). Everything's everything. Wish there was more to share but we're just into so much. Titles, Vis effects, sound - all that. Got a lot to experiment with in regard to sound - The Surfer, the Fantasticar, and...

Okay, so if it could be anyone - who would be the voice of the Surfer? And don't be obvious. The person/voice can't be too recognizable or it will take you out of the movie."

You can give your opinion by posting a comment in the post at the link above!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=98b62e57-37ce-40ff-bd76-00e0087b09ad

I'm surprised by this as i was under the impression that Jones already voiced the character.

Doug Jones - if he truly sounds right.

If Tim Story's soliciting fan opinion on this, he must at least be considering another voice.
Or he wants Fox to see fan support for Jones.

I honestly can't think of anyone else...
I hope Jones' voice stays in.
Provided it works.

I'm surprised by this as i was under the impression that Jones already voiced the character.

It's not final yet, apparently most everyone liked the voice he used

including Story

It's not final yet, apparently most everyone liked the voice he used

including Story

Well if Story likes it why don't they use it? He's the director right? *remembers which studio is in charge*

Can someone go on MySpace and post Doug Jones as my recommendation.

JONES DAMMIT!

Well if Story likes it why don't they use it? He's the director right? *remembers which studio is in charge*

To be fair those kinds of politics would go on at any studio

Though the director wouldn't be dealing with a **** load of ******s like he would at Fox.

Can someone go on MySpace and post Doug Jones as my recommendation.

JONES DAMMIT!

I use to be able to post comments there:o

To be fair those kinds of politics would go on at any studio

Though the director wouldn't be dealing with a **** load of ******s like he would at Fox.

Story is probably trying to get more support for Jones like Malus said. Kind of sad if thats the case.

I'd have no problem with Jones voice as long as it doesn't sound too human. And thats something they can easily fix with the gizmos they have nowadays.

I wanted to post, but I have to be a friend. So I tried adding him to my friends, but I have to know his email or last name. So I thought damn, how'd he get over 1000 friends with these kind of restrictions. Then I remembered his last name is kind of widely known...seeing as it's posted everywhere on anything having to do with FF. I've never felt stupider in my life.

anyone got any sound clips of jone's voice? I've heard him in an interview but havent heard his acting voice yet.

On Tim Story's blog, he mentioned that hes looking for an actor to be the Surfer's voice but he doesn't want too well a known actor because it would subtract from the movie. So who do you suggest?

I reckon either Chris Judge from Stargate or Tony Jay(Magneto from X-men Legends)

There is already a thread on this, see Tim's Story's Gives FF2 Update.

Doug Jones should do the voice. I'm sick of directors/studios saying 'hey, we want you to play this part, but we're not going to let you use your own voice.' The only exception to that I have is Pan's Labyrinth since Doug was doing his best with a language he doesn't speak.

>^^<

I repeat:

Doug Jones should do the voice. I'm sick of directors/studios saying 'hey, we want you to play this part, but we're not going to let you use your own voice.' The only exception to that I have is Pan's Labyrinth since Doug was doing his best with a language he doesn't speak.

>^^<

I repeat:

>^^<

I think from Doug's interview, he simply wants the very best for the character....whether he does the voice or not....

I think from Doug's interview, he simply wants the very best for the character....whether he does the voice or not....
But as a fan, it ticks me off that directors/studios keep doing this to him. His voice is good and if they need to tweek it a bit to make it sound other worldly, that's fine. But stop getting someone else to do the voice and create a ship load of confusion about who we're seeing on the screen vs. who we're hearing.

>^^<

I wish we could hear a sample of how Doug sounds in the role. That would help me determine which direction I'd like to see them go. But for now, what's wrong with Doug's? Just add some SFX synthesizing (sp?) to it in order to give it some otherworldly flavor.

But as a fan, it ticks me off that directors/studios keep doing this to him. His voice is good and if they need to tweek it a bit to make it sound other worldly, that's fine. But stop getting someone else to do the voice and create a ship load of confusion about who we're seeing on the screen vs. who we're hearing.

>^^<

:huh: :huh: :huh: Have they asked someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"