Time to get Catwoman right??? (What do you want?)

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
NO HALLE BERRY!!!

In all seriousness, when do you think DC films should resurrect the Catwoman character from it's grave? CINO was an absolute disgrace to the character and Batman Returns' version was good, but not comic accurate.

Anyway, for all of those who would like to see Catwoman back on the silver screen, this is a thread for members to post cast members, plots, release dates, etc.

Here's my go at it.

Selina Kyle has had a tough life. Living in the slums of Gotham City, Selina had to learn how to survive in a world filled with hate and crime. After witnessing her mother commit suicide and her father's death, Selina was separated from her sister and placed in an institution, where she spent most of her adolescent years.

Years later, after escaping the institute, Selina has found herself in the same enviroment as her heartwrenching childhood. Vowing to never become something more, something greater, Selina seeks training from Ted Grant, a boxer at a local gym.

After seeing Batman soar by her apartment one night, Selina is inspired to help those in need, to become a creature of the night: Catwoman. Stealing from crime lords in power, Catwoman becomes a modern day Robin Hood for the poor citizens of Gotham's East End.

When Black Mask, a crime lord that not even Batman can stop, Catwoman is pitted against her toughest challenge yet. With the police watching her every move and the ones closest to her heart stuck in the crossfire, Selina must fight and stop this menace for all.

COMING 2010

CAST:

Selina Kyle/Catwoman: KATE BECKINSALE
Ted Grant:???
Slam Bradley:???
Roman Sionis/Black Mask: Jake Gllynehall (sp??)

^^^Kay, so I haven't really thought too much about the casting. I'll get back to that one later.

What do you think??

Here's Kate Beckinsale for all you non believers!!!

evolution9.jpg

gardner.jpg

underworld3.jpg

serendipity.jpg

Meh, I'd personally would rather prefer Catwoman just show up in Nolan's Batman series rather than have her own solo film.

If they chose to include her, Beckinsale would not be a bad choice by any means. However, she's not one of my top choices. I'd prefer Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron for the part.

angelina-jolie-BBC.jpg

1397538097.jpg

angelina1.jpg

charlize_theron_2.jpg

16405-charlize-theron-sex-e-screensaver.jpg

charlize_theron_int2.jpg

Honorable mentions got to Beckinsale, Evangeline Lily, Rachel Weisz, Eva Longoria and Audrey Tatou.

I'd say don't even bother. She should show up in Batman, but that's about it.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Meh, I'd personally would rather prefer Catwoman just show up in Nolan's Batman series rather than have her own solo film.

If they chose to include her, Beckinsale would not be a bad choice by any means. However, she's not one of my top choices. I'd prefer Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron for the part.

angelina-jolie-BBC.jpg

1397538097.jpg

angelina1.jpg

charlize_theron_2.jpg

16405-charlize-theron-sex-e-screensaver.jpg

charlize_theron_int2.jpg

Honorable mentions got to Beckinsale, Evangeline Lily, Rachel Weisz, Eva Longoria and Audrey Tatou.

Great choices but I don't want a Catwoman movie.

Superpowers said:
I'd say don't even bother. She should show up in Batman, but that's about it.

I also I agree.

Just have her in the Batman movies. She doesn't need a solo film.

Have Selina in the B.B. sequel, see her change into Catwoman, at the end. Pick up the rest in a solo movie released in between the sequel and the third film. I wanna see her pitted up against Black Mask in the sequel, since it's just about been confirmed that he's in it. Then I think three good villains to be in the Catwoman movie would Poison Ivy, Lady Shiva, and Hellhound.

i really doubt they'll ever touch catwoman again. And if they did, hell, even a goldfish could play catwoman better than halley barry.

Catwoman should never leave the safety of a Batman film, however she SHOULD be in a Batman film.

I like Beckinsale, but to me she doesn't look exotic or "feline" enough. Jolie looks the part the most I think, but I think of the three suggested, Charlize Theron is the best mixture of both.

just added a poll. I didn't realize that i didn't have one attached before.

Before they make another Catwoman Movie, I want to see Selina in a the Nolan.Goyer Batman series. Beckinsale and Bale would heat up the screen!

batlovescatDC said:
Have Selina in the B.B. sequel, see her change into Catwoman, at the end. Pick up the rest in a solo movie released in between the sequel and the third film. I wanna see her pitted up against Black Mask in the sequel, since it's just about been confirmed that he's in it. Then I think three good villains to be in the Catwoman movie would Poison Ivy, Lady Shiva, and Hellhound.

If you give her a female nemesis, it weakens the character. Give her a man to battle against. Otherwise, it would just be as sexist as the movie they tried to make.

I would prefer a Catwoman series, be it animated or live action. She's the type of character would be perfect for a series. Rich supporting cast, complex and deep central character, and a variety of stories that could be used. A noir style series would do wonders.

Catwoman should be in Nolan's Batman franchise only.

The posters in this thread pretty much have it down. Have her show up in Nolanland.

Personally if they resurrect her I hope they go the Burton/DCAU route in the sense that Batman brings her down in the end. Catwoman is perhaps one of hte few women that Batman has had feelings for, and in life's lovely ironies she goes against his sacred mission, and he has to choose which life he rather have... I think it's too "hollywood" to turn the character good by the end or make her good.

As for stand-alone, she doesn't work as a stand-alone character because without Batman, she's nothing more than another typical bad-girl, I mean what defines her character enough to give her a leading role without just writing a whole new character?

StorminNorman said:
Catwoman should never leave the safety of a Batman film, however she SHOULD be in a Batman film.
And I would love to see Nolan's take on Catwoman. :batty:

batmaluco said:
And I would love to see Nolan's take on Catwoman. :batty:

As would I. Nolan would no doubt give us an amazing Catwoman.

I've also changed my casting choice for the part to the lovely woman in my avvy. :up: :up: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"