Titanic: 10 Years.

This reminds me of a joke:

Guy Nr. 1 -Titanic was a really sad movie, I think I used up 3 napkins

Nr. 2 - I just saw Emmanuelle, that was a 7 napkin movie.

Here in the States a movie ticket is like 9 bucks. I remember 4 or 5 years ago it was 7 dollars. And like 2 or 3 before that it was 5 dollars. In other words...tickets increase by two dollars every half decade or so.

When I saw Star Wars SE I started saving my movie ticket stubs (so almost 11 years). In Canada the price to see it was $5 in Jan. '97. Then the price bumped up to $5.25 for ROTJ SE in March. So I have plenty of tickets to show the rise of movies. I think the highest they reached was $9, but for my province Famous Players decided on having a flat admission price (no discounts for seniors/children). I was in BC to see Phone Booth and the ticket price was $14!?! Right now they're at $8.95.

I saw it on VHS (ah the days of 2 videocassettes for long movies) and didn't like it but I saw it earlier this year and really enjoyed it.

There were plans to actually build a Titanic II which would look nearly identical and be equipped with the most modern technologies of course but money was an issue and the idea was scrapped.

I remember that, whatever happened to it I don't know.

I first saw Titanic when I was eight. I remember that I quite enjoyed Jack sketching Rose...:D

LOVED "Titanic"!

LOVE "Thumbtanic", too! :D

"Thumbtanic" Part 1:

"Thumbtanic" Part 2:

"Thumbtanic" Part 3:

In Canada the price to see it was $5 in Jan. '97. Then the price bumped up to $5.25 for ROTJ SE in March.

That's how it is, man. They slowly raise the prices. Earlier this year tickets were 9 dollars and now they are 9.50. In early 2008 they either be 9.75 or 10 dollars. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"