Titans (New Series) Official Thread

Green Lantern

Brightest Day
Reaction score
Most of you who know me, know what a HUGE fan of the Teen Titans I am. So when I saw the "Next issue" box in Teen Titans East Special #1, I nearly fainted. Holy dear god, the return of the classic Titans team? HELL YES :up: :woot::woot::woot:

The only things missing are Roy and Garth... but who knows what's to come. Hippie Hunter, feel free to joygasm now.

t1yr2.jpg

I was actually going to post this thread, but I said forget it, it's nearly 3 months off. I can't wait though. It's a pretty good lineup.

I hate to pick nits, but Starfire's flight doesn't look right with the straight hair and what's with the Red stars on Troya? That being said, I will check this out.

Interested to see this team interact.

Talk about back tracking, I liked the way they had kind of graduated/ moved on to other things, with cyborg and starfire training new recruits... now we are just back to the original team, which is cool and all... but not really progressing.

This definitely looks sweet

Spoiler for Titans East Special
I just hope Lagoon Boy isn't dead. I loved him in Young Justice, and thought his redesign was pretty sweet.

No Garth = no buy. Those aren't the classic Titans, they're the New Teen Titans, almost all of whom bore me to tears.

I thought that was Garth in the background?

It reminds me of the Teen Titans from the Cartoon Network show, +Flash/Donna.

Where do you see Garth in the background? :huh:

And thats because the crappy cartoon was based off of the New Teen Titans, but without Kid Flash and Wonder Girl.

edit; Garth = Aqualad not Beatboy, I'm an idiot.

I thought the Titans East Special was a whole different team than the one posted on the first post?

Yeah, whoever thought of having towo people named Gar and Garth on the same team is ******ed

It was... but...

It appears everyone but Cyborg died at the end of the issue.

Yeah, whoever thought of having towo people named Gar and Garth on the same team is ******ed
I don't think Gar and Garth were ever Titans simultaneously, except in those "call in all the Titans ever" scenarios.

I don't think Gar and Garth were ever Titans simultaneously, except in those "call in all the Titans ever" scenarios.
... a good portion of the 90s, and when Gar first joined the regular Teen Titans back in the late 60s.

Yeah, this isn't getting me all that excited.

... a good portion of the 90s, and when Gar first joined the regular Teen Titans back in the late 60s.
Whatever, Gar still sucks. :o

Anyway, Garth is a deal-breaker for me. I have no interest in the first generation of the Titans if they're gonna pretend Garth wasn't in that generation. Then DC wonders why they can't sell Aquaman comics--gee, maybe it's because every goddamn writer refuses to give Garth and Orin their respective dues by even bothering to include them with the teams they each helped found.

I'm excited. I hope that the series allows DC to release a Showcase Presents for the New Teen Titans.

Whatever, Gar still sucks. :o

Anyway, Garth is a deal-breaker for me. I have no interest in the first generation of the Titans if they're gonna pretend Garth wasn't in that generation. Then DC wonders why they can't sell Aquaman comics--gee, maybe it's because every goddamn writer refuses to give Garth and Orin their respective dues by even bothering to include them with the teams they each helped found.

I hear ya. :(

I'll still check this out though. :O

Garth got the cover of TTY1, so I don't get all the bellyachin' over him.

Who the **** cares? He literally has to be on there unless they retcon the hell out of the Titans' continuity. Clearly, Winick doesn't think he's a good enough character to be part of the classic Titans reunion in the present-day comics, which obviously means Winick is more of a hack than we thought. :o

Maybe Aqualad will be in it after the first arc? I'm all for having the "originals" being back, even though I didn't read much of the first teen titans series (in fact, I've pretty much only read the OYL stuff :()

I think it's actually the next step, logically, for them to go. It's like a "mini" Justice League. They arn't the sidekicks anymore, and they're all doing their own thing on their (mostly) solo's,so having them all on a team as sort of a "backup" to the Justice League makes sense imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"