TMNT Review Thread

Wasn't that thrilled by it. The fights were obviously good but the story was weak. It felt rushed. Splinter's voice sounded off. Mike and Donnie were background characters. And how is April able to run through the Foot Clan with the Turtles?

It didn't feel as dark as I was hoping. The human designs were annoying and ruined it a bit for me, while the Turtle designs were great. I still prefer the first film, and the second one out of pure fun.

Just saw it saturday night and freakin' loved every second of it. :up: The tone is kept the same and everything feels just...right. Fits in very snuggly with the rest of the series. The movie was very cheesy but that was a GOOD thing in my opinion because I feared it being too serious and totally losing the spirit in an attempt to go gritty. Kevin Munroe balanced it out perfectly though and I'm grateful to have another TMNT/comic book movie I can just pop in randomly at any moment and just enjoy unquestionably. This was my problem with the third movie. It was very dialogue heavy and overall just boring and lost the fun and charm. This movie did a great job of bringing it back. It's a kids movie. Once in that mindset, you're good to go.

I enjoyed this movie just as much as the Incredibles and for the same reasons. Just good, unapolagetic, clean, family fun and without being a boring corny crazy love fest.

Saw this the night it opened, but forgot to post about it. In any case, the movie is very good, but it does have its flaws. The plot of the movie I feel resolves too quickly, the stone generals are too easily beaten (and they were all in single fights....should have had teamwork), and I think Winters could have been handled better. However, this movie had the right amount of comedy, the Leo and Raph conflict is handled very well and is the best part of this movie. Don and Mike could have used more spotlight, but between Raph and Leo, I really didn't miss them that much.

All in all, solid effort.

Yeah, that was my one problem. The third act moved too quickly. Like they were running out of time or money so they had to animate as little as they could. Guess that could be why Michaelangelo (personal favorite) and Donatello didn't get much screen time. Didn't even get to see much from them in terms of fighting.

Exactly. I understand they wanted a shorter runtime for children, but they needed more time for the third act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"