TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a zod pic to be released anyday now...there is supposed to be a confrontation between he, the military, and superman in smallville ( if i'm not mistaken) so I think snyder will want to release an official pic of him before a fan snaps one.

So, there is a tornado and a Zod attack all in Smallville? I am guessing then that the military does not have the ship that brought Clark to Earth. The tornado somehow uncovers the ship that must be somewhere in the Kent farm, and that is why Zod is attracted to Earth and possibly to Smallville. Could that be a possibility?

So, what exactly are we seeing here? A tornado that affects Smallville and Lois Lane is reporting from the scene of the destruction or does it seem like it is Clark Kent growing up? If its Clark in the university and Lois Lane is visiting and meets him, that would probably make sense. After all, she is supposed to be an established reporter by the time that he starts working at the Daily Planet? Or could she be filming a completely unrelated scene that takes place in Metropolis but they are just using the 7-11 as if it were a 7-11 located in Metropolis? Anyone know what the rest of the set looks like close to that 7-11?

No way that they are shooting a scene in Metropolis using a scene of Smallville 7-11, no way in He11! IMO.

In your defense, I'm wondering the same; why is Lois in Smallville so early on in Clarks life? You may be right with some of the things you mentioned, my guess is Zod arrived latter on to mess with Sups Parents to get to Sup, or to find him, this is the reason the military will be in town, the Military will be there to confront Zod after he arrives in Smallville. Lois is there to cover the story :)

Sounds legit to me :) KICK-AZZ BABY!!! :D

:)

Last edited:
So, there is a tornado and a Zod attack all in Smallville? I am guessing then that the military does not have the ship that brought Clark to Earth. The tornado somehow uncovers the ship that must be somewhere in the Kent farm, and that is why Zod is attracted to Earth and possibly to Smallville. Could that be a possibility?

This is not necessarily all happening at the same time. Production would have to shoot all the Smallville scenes as closely as possible, and there could be scenes in Smallville in both the past and present. I'm sure they would want to get all scenes set in this location out of the way asap.

my guess is Zod arrived latter on to mess with Sups Parents to get to Sup, or to find him, this is the reason the military will be in town, the Military will be there to confront Zod after he arrives in Smallville.

There has been speculation that Zod is drawn to Earth because of Clark's ship.

My guess is that the tornado happens when clark is in his late teens/very early 20's. The Zod attack will come later after clark is already superman, again, IMO. The why's of it I have no idea, maybe it is because of clark's ship like some are guessing.
Also, Maybe the smallville confrontation with Zod is ongoing. It could happen after the metropolis one. I don't know. But it was said that the military will be involved somehow.

Last edited:
There has been speculation that Zod is drawn to Earth because of Clark's ship.

I feel it's obvious that Zod comes to Smallville to search for either... the missing link to Krypton, or to kill Sups based on Family matters (Sups 2 Chris Reeves), or to hunt Sups down to make him part of his click?!

Either way, Zod is in search of the son of Jor-EL, whatever story you want to make up after that fact is what we got/know until we hear the actually story.

Case Closed.

My guess is that the tornado happens when clark is in his late teens/very early 20's. The Zod attack will come later after clark is already superman, again, IMO. The why's of it I have no idea, maybe it is because of clark's ship like some are guessing.
Also, Maybe the smallville confrontation with Zod is ongoing. It could happen after the metropolis one. I don't know. But it was said that the military will be involved somehow.

I think it would be awesome if the Zod fight starts in Metropolis and it so crazy-epic it stretches all the way to Smallville... Like how in the comics the Doomsday fight stretched right across the country...

I am thinking they borrow from Earth One, that the ship knows when the aliens are close. But in this case, the ship is in Smallville. If indeed there is a battle between Superman and Zod in Smallville. If not, I think that the tornado uncovers the ship and the military come to take it and Lois Lane is there covering it. Other than that, I guess it could be there is a tornado in Smallville, and then the human tornado of Zod also arrives later in Smallville? I don't think that we will be seeing Zod in Smallville though.

I am thinking they borrow from Earth One, that the ship knows when the aliens are close. But in this case, the ship is in Smallville. If indeed there is a battle between Superman and Zod in Smallville. If not, I think that the tornado uncovers the ship and the military come to take it and Lois Lane is there covering it. Other than that, I guess it could be there is a tornado in Smallville, and then the human tornado of Zod also arrives later in Smallville? I don't think that we will be seeing Zod in Smallville though.

All we've seen so far is a younger Clark dealing with the tornado. Not Superman.

But you could be right, this could be all linked. There have been rumours that Zod will appear in Smallville, along with Superman and the military. We'll just have to see if these turn out to be true in the coming days/weeks.

Here is some new (spoilers) info from io9:

Man of Steel may (sort of) feature Superboy. And which director wants to make a Wonder Woman movie happen at last?

Man of Steel

We received this tip from someone claiming to have been around for the August 15 filming at Valley West Community Hospital in Sandwich, Illinois. Here's a description of what was filmed:

They were filming a scene in the hospital where the Kents were taking a young Clark in for a checkup. Kevin Costner was on set, as well as two boys who were playing young Superman. The scene included breaking of windows on the front of the building, a fish tank, a gumball machine, a mug as well as windows on the Green 1970 Nova and the station wagon all as a result of young Superman letting out a Super Cry.

The tipster also revealed this:

I learned that there will be HUGE battle in Plano which will include blowing up the gas station and running a train through the Sears Store during the scene. Also they will be smashing a pickup truck into the Kent House in Yorkville as a result of a tornado.

http://io9.com/5831644/

xlarge_ms3.jpg

Last edited:
the whole movie takes place in Smallville!!!

Krypton, Metropolis, Smallville........all rolled into one location!!

:oldrazz:

So, what exactly are we seeing here? A tornado that affects Smallville and Lois Lane is reporting from the scene of the destruction or does it seem like it is Clark Kent growing up? If its Clark in the university and Lois Lane is visiting and meets him, that would probably make sense. After all, she is supposed to be an established reporter by the time that he starts working at the Daily Planet? Or could she be filming a completely unrelated scene that takes place in Metropolis but they are just using the 7-11 as if it were a 7-11 located in Metropolis? Anyone know what the rest of the set looks like close to that 7-11?

I would assume she knows her way around Metropolis, so why would she be asking the 7-Eleven attendant for directions?

You guys know that filming isn't chronological, right? They could be filming all the scenes in Smallville at once. The Tornado is Clark discovering his powers and saving people for the first time and another period of the movie is Zod invading Smallville and Lois reporting that. I doubt Lois is there to investigate Tornadoes...

You guys know that filming isn't chronological, right? They could be filming all the scenes in Smallville at once. The Tornado is Clark discovering his powers and saving people for the first time and another period of the movie is Zod invading Smallville and Lois reporting that. I doubt Lois is there to investigate Tornadoes...

That has been discussed but people are still wondering if Lois does in fact show up earlier.

On Twitter, Russell was talking about biking as exercise while on location, maybe he has been biking around the Illinois suburbs. It certainly looks like it.

Crowe looks like he has lost some serious lbs. He looks good.

Yep! Getting exciting! I love this cast!

He lost weight for his last film. Obviously he wants to stay in shape for jor'el. I still think his own costume will be a reflection of cavills new suit.

Crowe is awesome.

Anyone looking for some photos of the sets I have hundreds of them online. I also have some videos. Some include actual filming of the "Man of Steel".

Monday principle filming begins in Plano, IL (Smallville) which some structures will be blown up. There is a lot of action in these sequences which includes explosions, helicopters, a train, a tornado and a lot more.

Let me know what you think.

http://zoncom.smugmug.com/Personal-1/Movies/Man-of-Steel/18363682_DHFqF6

The FB Man of Steel website has pictures of the grave and two tombstones.

I think it's Johnathon Kent and his dad's graves side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"