TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. This scene is really sad.
images

i agree snyder's handle on dramatic scenes is one of his most underrated traits

Spoiler alert: Jonathan Kent will explode

Though in fairness, the Snyder death scenes that I can remember which have meant to be sad, Sucker Punch included, have all done their job well

Reading pre-Sucker Punch MOS reactions, it's sad how people have ganged up against him for that ONE movie. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70356
Just 3 years ago, he was a widely popular director among fans. But he makes one less-than-steller "passion project" and people lay into him like a pack of hyenas. I feel like it will take TWO solid movies to restore his mojo to the public. But I personally think Zack has the stuff to make MOS rule.

Reading pre-Sucker Punch MOS reactions, it's sad how people have ganged up against him for that ONE movie. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70356
Just 3 years ago, he was a widely popular director among fans. But he makes one less-than-steller "passion project" and people lay into him like a pack of hyenas. I feel like it will take TWO solid movies to restore his mojo to the public. But I personally think Zack has the stuff to make MOS rule.

You can't blame people for it though, I mean the bar has been raised so high when it comes to superhero properties and considering that someone as successful and acclaimed as Bryan Singer was failed to make a great Superman movie, the possibility of being burnt would be there even with a better director than Snyder. Sucker punch (and to a certain extent) Watchmen didn't help.

At least they didn't get the directors of "you me and dupree" to direct it...I think we'll be fine. :funny:

It bothered me how it became the cool thing to bash Snyder after that movie. I used to read Heavy Metal so I totally got what he was trying to do. Being that they wouldn't let him make his dream project he went out and made what he could that was the closest to it. I have always been a fan of Snyder's so I always feel the need to speak up for him. And as an artist it's hard always trying to make something from your point of view and have people like it. I gave him a lot of respect for doing something that he was passionate about. He took a risk and that shows guts.

I know it's popular to hate Sucker Punch but goddammit I didn't hate Sucker Punch, I liked a lot about it as a matter of fact. I also thought that Dawn of Dead and Watchmen were legitimately good to very good films. I'm fine with most hating Punch or being mixed on Watchmen.

I think that his films look amazing and that he knows how to shoot the hell out of action scenes. I also think that he handles actors just fine.

Now as I've said before this is coming from a woman who hates 300 which was the movie that actually put him on the map. I'm sure I was calling him a hack at one point but Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen changed my mind. And Sucker Punch, as flawed as it is, solidified my opinion that he is a solid director.

I'm not saying greatest director ever and I'm happy that Goyer and Nolan were there when it comes to MOS because Snyder is a deeply flawed director who can get better.

I'm already on the Snyder train and it's going to be funny as all get out to see people singing a different tune about him if MOS is as good as it looks.

I wonder how the Jonathan Kent death will be handled. Will he get lifted by the tornado and thrown into something and bleed out whilst uttering some final words of wisdom to Clark. Will he die helping someone else. No doubt Clark will be rushing everywhere to save everyone, but not be able to save his Pa (very sad :csad:).

Personally, I'd like Pa Kent to die from a heart attack similar to All-Star Superman, either just as a fluke after they save everyone else during the tornado or from over-exertion helping others. It teaches Clark so much about mortality and his powers. It makes him realize that he can't save everyone. That perhaps some deaths are just meant to be. A violent death as a result of the tornado doesn't have the same effect. It's something that Clark could have prevented if he was faster, stronger or chose Pa's life over someone else. If could not have saved his father's life no matter what, it makes him have to consider the morality of his actions. Is it fair that he can save some but not others? Would it be more fair if he did not use his powers and allowed the universe to decide who lives and who dies? etc.

Yeah, I think a natural death is best. Then it isn't a failure on Clark's part.

It should always be a natural death, anything else means something completely different to clark. Pa kent dying of a heart attack or illness is just Clark confronting human fragility, with all his powers he is incapable of saving him. If it was a tornado or a car crash then it would be a failure on Clarks part. Two different character developments, one is about being alone and the other one is about being weak. Superman is about the former. Batman is more the latter.

It should always be a natural death, anything else means something completely different to clark. Pa kent dying of a heart attack or illness is just Clark confronting human fragility, with all his powers he is incapable of saving him. If it was a tornado or a car crash then it would be a failure on Clarks part. Two different character developments, one is about being alone and the other one is about being weak. Superman is about the former. Batman is more the latter.
a tornado still is perfect incapable of saving him scenario a tornado where clark probably had to choose between his father and saving children

like here clark cant be everywhere at once
Man-of-Steel-Trailer-Images-Clark-Kent-Escaping-Tornado-with-Child-In-Arms-280x170.jpg

a tornado still is perfect incapable of saving him scenario a tornado where clark probably had to choose between his father and saving children

like here clark cant be everywhere at once
Man-of-Steel-Trailer-Images-Clark-Kent-Escaping-Tornado-with-Child-In-Arms-280x170.jpg

:up: I was going to say… If Clark happens to be saving someone else - and as a result, is unable to save his father - that’s not a failure. That’s a harsh and formative lesson in not being omnipotent.

^ A scene in which Pa Kent is dying and tells his son how he wouldn't want anyone but Clark as his child would make me :( in a good way.

Personally, I'd like Pa Kent to die from a heart attack similar to All-Star Superman, either just as a fluke after they save everyone else during the tornado or from over-exertion helping others. It teaches Clark so much about mortality and his powers. It makes him realize that he can't save everyone. That perhaps some deaths are just meant to be. A violent death as a result of the tornado doesn't have the same effect. It's something that Clark could have prevented if he was faster, stronger or chose Pa's life over someone else. If could not have saved his father's life no matter what, it makes him have to consider the morality of his actions. Is it fair that he can save some but not others? Would it be more fair if he did not use his powers and allowed the universe to decide who lives and who dies? etc.
Yeah, you're completely right. That's the way to go.

^ A scene in which Pa Kent is dying and tells his son how he wouldn't want anyone but Clark as his child would make me :( in a good way.

Yeah, if Snyder's done it right, it will be a very moving scene.

Yeah but this is exactly what would make the scene more powerful and a bigger lesson to learn for Clark, at least IMO

:up: I was going to say… If Clark happens to be saving someone else - and as a result, is unable to save his father - that’s not a failure. That’s a harsh and formative lesson in not being omnipotent.

IA.

I get what people are saying with the heart attack thing, but I really hope it's not done that way in the film.

I just want something bigger and more dramatic with a lot of tense action build up (like a tornado)... I think it'll be a much more impactful moment emotionally if your on the edge of your seat right before it happens!

And I also really like the idea of him dying a hero. Like he yells at Clark to go and help some other people and that he'll be fine, and then he gets hurt.

It'd also explain why Clark goes into exile a lot better than a simple heart attack IMO too.

I get what people are saying with the heart attack thing, but I really hope it's not done that way in the film.

I just want something bigger and more dramatic with a lot of tense action build up (like a tornado)... I think it'll be a much more impactful moment emotionally if your on the edge of your seat right before it happens!

And I also really like the idea of him dying a hero. Like he yells at Clark to go and help some other people and that he'll be fine, and then he gets hurt.

It'd also explain why Clark goes into exile a lot better than a simple heart attack IMO too.
Hmm. I get that but I think that DKDetective and the rest are right. Don't worry we're going to get plenty of tense action and spectacle no doubt during this entire scene. And then when the danger is gone and Clark is feeling good, and relieved and somewhat happy with his accomplishments of lives he saves he comes back to his folks (hoping for their recognition) to find his father collapsed. It will be this high note dramatically shifting to this bitter end to this massive scene. And Clark will definitely not take it well. That said, it could be that Pa Kent gets killed by the tornado so we'll see.

This film is going to have everything I've always asked for in a Superman movie! A physical and hard hitting Supes, action packed with a great suit and and a realistic tone. And an actor who looks like he jumped right out the comics (and manly). Something to be proud of as a 3 decade Superman fan.

The one thing that I have a tiny concern with... is the dialog. This is only from the trailers obviously. But I've noticed that even though the lines and delivery are fine, they seem a bit one-linerish. They don't really come off as conversations per say.

Anyone agree or care to say why they don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"