TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what people are saying with the heart attack thing, but I really hope it's not done that way in the film.

I just want something bigger and more dramatic with a lot of tense action build up (like a tornado)... I think it'll be a much more impactful moment emotionally if your on the edge of your seat right before it happens!

And I also really like the idea of him dying a hero. Like he yells at Clark to go and help some other people and that he'll be fine, and then he gets hurt.

It'd also explain why Clark goes into exile a lot better than a simple heart attack IMO too.

That is exactly why i don't want it to be anything but a heart attack. His fathers death isn't some sort of tense cinematic moment, it's a real human and emotional moment. If there is any point in superman's life that the average person can truly relate to him it's when his father dies, he isn't snatched away by tragedy or some overdramatic choice it's due to pure human fragility, it highlights the love kal-el has for these people even more and even more dramatic and heartbreaking emphasizes how different he is from humans.

This is the sort of stuff i worried about when Snyder was chosen for the job, not every moment needs to dramatic, overwrought or huge in order to be impactful, films like this also need more subtle and human moments too, Snyder needs to be able to handle that stuff.

Oh and tornado, heart attack, car crash or slipping on a bar of soap, I'd still feel the same amount of anguish and sadness if my father died.

Of course, the death of a parent is going to be emotional. But more “philosophically,” it was suggested that Clark shouldn’t be guilty of a “failure.” Thus, a natural death for Jonathan neatly avoids any conundrums - while an unnatural one does not. And I think some folks were disagreeing with the notion that an accidental death necessarily constitutes a moral failing on Clark’s part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"