The Dark Knight To Bleach or Not to Bleach? That is the Question

Earlier, Regwec mentioned an unusual skintone to Ledger's Joker. With the Blu-Ray screens blasting out on beams of awesomeness across the interwebs, we can see what he meant. Notice how much darker the skin gets across the eyes and bridge of the nose. There's a mottled, uneven quality to it. I'm curious as to what might cause that sort of damage.

I love this scene. The way it's shot makes Ledger almost ghost-like, and they manage to make him look as unnatural out of his makeup as he does in it. It's just absolutely ridiculous how well they handled the Joker in this movie. Even the music, which, as far as I'm concerned, is to the Joker as John William's theme is to Superman.
i think they made it darker around the eyes to make him mroe creepy in that scene.

Realism has nothing to do with it IMO. I don't think Nolan is the type of guy to just go "Oh well let's just make it easier and give him some make-up." There is a reason for the make-up, same way there would be a reason if Nolan decided to make him "permawhite". What i'm saying is that if Nolan wanted to make Joker permawhite, he would of came up with a plausible reason to do so. He chose to make him wear make up for creative reasons, not just because it is "realistic".

The way i see it, the permawhite could have worked just fine. Just looks at Bermejos Joker. that was set in a similar realistic environment
Amen.

You can get an idea of what a "permawhite" Joker may have looked like by looking at the Joker concept pics in the production art book. Every design in there appeared to have white skin, actually, which seems to indicate that makeup wasn't always the only direction.

Honest that make up on his face was soo good at times it looked like his face was perma white imo

I think we should close this thread now. Wasn't this started before we found out he wasn't bleached?

Why should the thread be closed? If nobody wants to discuss the matter further, the thread will slip into obscurity, but a new thread will not have to be created if the subject still has life.

I don't understand why it is that some people feel the need to enter threads that do not interest them and call for them to end.

i find it funny. a lot of bat-fans are always saying that teh Nolan brothers did such a god job with the script. how they made everything work out. how the villain were connected and how it made sense.
yet when someone says permawhite its........it couldnt be done.in a way i understand in 2007 december that they said that it couldnt work and could not be realstic. but back then we didnt know how two face would look. and its amazing how now that two face can survive 1 day with hes wounds. open face and everything. but a permawhtie joker would neeeeever work.

so this Nolan guy is is capable at making two movies where he did a great job with the script but he is nto powerfull enough to make a permawhite joker?

hehe its just funny. ohhhh and TDK had two face. but no permawhite joker is stupid.

right ? :)

LOLZ. Yea there are a lot of people like that dark b.

I think if Nolan wanted to make Joker permawhite, he would of. This "realism" crap just doesn't hold any ground. Nolan decided to make Joker wear make-up for creative reasons, and if he decided to make him permawhite he could of come up with a way, I'm sure of it. He just didn't want to go that route, not because he thought it would be stupid, but that just wasn't what he was going for.

Why should the thread be closed? If nobody wants to discuss the matter further, the thread will slip into obscurity, but a new thread will not have to be created if the subject still has life.

I don't understand why it is that some people feel the need to enter threads that do not interest them and call for them to end.

Well I was interested to enter in this thread to post what I thought on the matter. How's that? :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"