Tom Cruise...what comes next?

KenK said:
Anyone care that the movie made 70 million overseas? In fact haven't hall three M:I movies performed better overseas? As for word of mouth, I think that'll be a factor in giving it legs. It's a far better movie than 2, and people who didn't even like the first one might want to check this one out.

Not me and some I've convinced, and I believe there are many who feel the same way I do about Tom.

Kevin Roegele said:
How do you know about Cruise and Jackson's behaviour? Do you know them personally, or do you find out because the media decides it's news?

The media has always had a 'build 'em up, knock 'em down' approach to superstars, and currently Tom Cruise is number one target.

Michael Jackson molests children, and Tom Cruis molests people's walets with Scientology.

I'll be sure to tell Lord Xenu when he arrives! I hope you like it in Hawaii, cuz that's the last place your mortal form will see!

Timstuff said:
Michael Jackson molests children

lol, no he doesn't. He's never been convicted of anything, ever, despite the ammount of people who have tried to get money out of him, despite ovrwhelming pressure from the media. Wake up.

Kevin Roegele said:
How do you know about Cruise and Jackson's behaviour? Do you know them personally, or do you find out because the media decides it's news?

The media has always had a 'build 'em up, knock 'em down' approach to superstars, and currently Tom Cruise is number one target.

I, or should I say "we," as in the general public found out about Jackson because his actions run counter to the law; and court-cases and the media are inextricably intertwined in our culture. Enough evidence was presented to a grand jury for them to decide in both instances that he was enough of a menace to be tried. There must be evidence in order for this sort of lawsuit to move forward.

As for Cruise, the very idea that you ask [in essence] "How do we know that Cruise is several rungs lower than "lunatic" on the great Ladder of Life?" strikes me as amusing. How DO we know? Because Cruise is incapable of controlling what he says and does. Here's a site which'll make that a little more plain:

http://www.tomcruiseisnuts.com/home.php

echo said:
Tom Cruise is going to make a film called the Final Revolutionary which is based on his personal fight with Xenu, if you don't believe me... just wait 4 years to this day, i'm serious, 4 years to mid summer and this film is gonna hit the theaters...

I actually hope this is true. I really do. Because I like a good hearty laugh as well as the next one. IF this is true its all that's needed to confirm the diagnosis of "lunatic." Its getting to the point where the Joker [of Batman fame] looks positively sane alongside this guy.

Kevin Roegele said:
lol, no he doesn't. He's never been convicted of anything, ever, despite the ammount of people who have tried to get money out of him, despite ovrwhelming pressure from the media. Wake up.

I have a relative who's facing child molestation charges and we're fairly certain he did it, and the circumstances were very similar to Jackson's. I don't want to go into details, but I have very little doubt that Jackson has done innapropriate things with young boys at least once.

1-I don't give a rat's ass about Tom Cruise's Scientologist ass, BUT DO NOT INSULT THE ALMIGHTY MICHAEL JACKSON!

2-Timstuff, poor Jacko was playerhated by the media just because he's a bit excenttric (and anyway, aren't we all?). He did NOT molest any children, he loves them children and would never do anything to hurt them.

If you say that, I can say the same about Pee-Wee Herman, Captain Kangaroo, and Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

3-Jacko is the king of pop and an icon of the '80s, so he deserves respect and adoration.

Heh, a recent USA Today poll says the number of people who sympathize with Cruise went down from 58% by the time WOTW opened to 31% now... Maybe it helps to explain why MI III isn´t having the massive BO the studio was expecting.

Timstuff said:
I have a relative who's facing child molestation charges and we're fairly certain he did it, and the circumstances were very similar to Jackson's. I don't want to go into details, but I have very little doubt that Jackson has done innapropriate things with young boys at least once.

:confused:

Completely irrelevent. And you should really not talk about court cases involving your family online.

Symbiotica said:
I, or should I say "we," as in the general public found out about Jackson because his actions run counter to the law; and court-cases and the media are inextricably intertwined in our culture. Enough evidence was presented to a grand jury for them to decide in both instances that he was enough of a menace to be tried. There must be evidence in order for this sort of lawsuit to move forward.

:confused: Well...obviously. You don't go to court, you don't get arrested unless someone thinks you did something wrong. It was presented to a grand jury, and they didn't find Jackson guilty of a single thing.

Matt said:
After the bomb of MI:3, everyone is pointing fingers at ol' Maverick...so what comes next for his career? I can't see a studio wanting to touch him right now...I wonder if Tom will be getting into producing and staying off camera?
Studio not wanting to touch him? The guy is arguably the biggest name in hollywood. He's not going anywhere.

Spider-Nerd said:
Studio not wanting to touch him? The guy is arguably the biggest name in hollywood. He's not going anywhere.

No arguably about it. Also, Tom Cruise has never, ever had a flop. How many actors can you say that about?

Kevin Roegele said:
No arguably about it. Also, Tom Cruise has never, ever had a flop. How many actors can you say that about?
well, maybe cocktail......but I loved cocktail.

Darthphere said:
Top Gun is da ****.
Top Gun is one of the most subliminally homoerotic movies ever made, lol. :eek:

Stewie Griffin said:
Top Gun is one of the most subliminally homoerotic movies ever made, lol. :eek:

You mean it has a gay subtext. It's not subliminal, lol. That would mean homosexual messages being flashed throughout the film, unnoticed by the audience - until they get out of the cinema and realise they're gay all of a sudden.

Even Val Kilmer admitted it on Conan O' Brien. Conan asked him if Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was the first time he had portrayed a gay character and Val is like "Nope, there was Top Gun!"

BTW, Tom Cruise can be my wingman anytime lol :eek:

Kevin Roegele said:
If I´m not mistaken, that period flick he did with Nicole - it´s set, if memory serves me, on the civil war period? - didn´t do well in the BO. Eyes Wide Shut didn´t do well either, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"