• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Top-3 CBM action scenes since 2000 by studio

That's just an impossible question to answer.
The action depends on the reality/universe the movie is trying to portray.

I've got to agree with you here, actually. I've always felt like the final battle of WS was trying too hard to copy the Avengers, and failed in the process. The final battle was also overshadowed by the highway scene that had happened shortly before it IMO.

Definitely, the highway scene, the Fury chase and the Lumerian star sequence were all superior to the final battle for me, even Caps escape from SHIELD with the elevator scene I would put above the final battle.

Totally disagree. I think TWS has one of the best final battles out of all the CBM.

I agree, it had a very nice mix of epic action with some real emotional drama between Steve and Bucky.

I agree, it had a very nice mix of epic action with some real emotional drama between Steve and Bucky.

I think Winter Soldier has the best action sequences in any one movie in the MCU. From the Lumerian Star, the elevator scene, Nick Fury's escape, the highway battle and the final battle. When Bucky kicks that dude into the propellers, holy ****!

I think Winter Soldier has the best action sequences in any one movie in the MCU. From the Lumerian Star, the elevator scene, Nick Fury's escape, the highway battle and the final battle. When Bucky kicks that dude into the propellers, holy ****!

That movie really left me wanting more of Bucky. In the right way. I can't wait to see him return in Civil War.

Mjölnir;32110727 said:
That movie really left me wanting more of Bucky. In the right way. I can't wait to see him return in Civil War.

Well the whole movie did that for me, and the best parts of the final battle involved him IMO.

Most CBMs obviously have tent pole action scenes. I feel TWS has some of the better scenes in terms of quality. From the Assault on the Lumarien Star to Fury Escaping to Cap's Escape to the Traffic Battle with the Winter Soldier to the Final Battle.

Throw in the smaller action scenes like Cap's first encounter with the Winter Soldier, Meeting with Zola and Interrogation of Sitwell.

I don't ever get tired of watching this movie. Helps that this, GOTG and X-Men:DOFP are usually on cable. Of course, I prefer Rogue Cut of DOFP now.

Well the whole movie did that for me, and the best parts of the final battle involved him IMO.

I agree, and my comment was meant about his appearances in the movie in general. They just hit all the notes right with him and hopefully he'll be as interesting when they develop the character further.

I did thoroughly enjoy the final battle though, but the highway attack was probably the most special action piece.

Last edited:
Most CBMs obviously have tent pole action scenes. I feel TWS has some of the better scenes in terms of quality. From the Assault on the Lumarien Star to Fury Escaping to Cap's Escape to the Traffic Battle with the Winter Soldier to the Final Battle.

Throw in the smaller action scenes like Cap's first encounter with the Winter Soldier, Meeting with Zola and Interrogation of Sitwell.

I don't ever get tired of watching this movie. Helps that this, GOTG and X-Men:DOFP are usually on cable. Of course, I prefer Rogue Cut of DOFP now.

That reminds me that I haven't seen the Rogue Cut yet. I need to rewatch DoFP again anyway so might as well kill two sentinels with one blow.

Hhhhmmmm I am not sure about the Rogue Cut yet, after 1 viewing I felt the TC flowed much better, I will be watching the RC a few more times before making a final judgement though.

Mjölnir;32110895 said:
I agree, and my comment was meant about his appearances in the movie in general. They just hit all the notes right with him and hopefully he'll be as interesting when they develop the character further.

I did thoroughly enjoy the final battle though, but the highway attack was probably the most special action piece.

Agree about WS, I just hope now the mystery is not there the interest disappears, but he was done superbly in Cap 2 and immediately after seeing he was the character I was most looking forward to seeing again.

Cap is actually the most developed character in the MCU IMO. His development and character progression has been handled quite well from his first film all the way to AoU. His most defining scenes in the MCU are when he jumped for that dummy grenade in TFA before the serum and when he took out the quinnjet in TWS.

Cap is actually the most developed character in the MCU IMO. His development and character progression has been handled quite well from his first film all the way to AoU. His most defining scenes in the MCU are when he jumped for that dummy grenade in TFA before the serum and when he took out the quinnjet in TWS.
Why the quinjet scene though? I think in WS it'd be the "I'm with you til the end of the line" moment

Hhhhmmmm I am not sure about the Rogue Cut yet, after 1 viewing I felt the TC flowed much better, I will be watching the RC a few more times before making a final judgement though.

I just saw the RC for the first time but it was so long since I saw the movie that I wasn't sure what was new, other than the obvious Rogue stuff. The rescue scene was cool to see but I don't know if I think it really added anything. It was very much a status quo scene, swapping one character for another and then maintaining what Kitty still did in the TC. It certainly wasn't bad but I can't say if I felt it was better yet either.

Mjölnir;32111601 said:
I just saw the RC for the first time but it was so long since I saw the movie that I wasn't sure what was new, other than the obvious Rogue stuff. The rescue scene was cool to see but I don't know if I think it really added anything. It was very much a status quo scene, swapping one character for another and then maintaining what Kitty still did in the TC. It certainly wasn't bad but I can't say if I felt it was better yet either.

I knew what the extra scenes were, some were great, but some weren't and slowed down the pace. Mystique going to the mansion especially was a scene I wish they hadn't put back in.

For X3 the battle between Wolverine and Juggernaut and Storm and Callisto culminating in Xaviers death was the most memorable for me.

I thought that one was bit boring. I like fight with Wolverine and mutants at Magneto's camp better.

WB/DC
1) Battle of Metropolis (Man of Steel)
2) Battle of Krypton (Man of Steel)
3) Battle for Gotham (The Dark Knight Rises)

Marvel
1) The Battle of Sakovia (The Avengers: Age of Ultron)
2) Invasion of Asgard (Thor: The Dark World)
3) The First Dark Elf War (Thor: The Dark World)

Fox
1) The Sentinels vs X-Men (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
2) X-Men Civil War (X-Men: First Class)
3) The Final Battle (X-Men: The Last Stand)

Sony
1) Final Skirmish in New York (The Amazing Spider-man 2)
2) Duel with Doc Ock (Spider-man 2)
3) Duel with the Lizard (The Amazing Spider-man)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"