Top fights in the DCU: By character

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by BlackOpsTengu, Apr 24, 2006.

1. BlackOpsTengu Registered

I'll get the ball rolling:

Superman:

Superman vs Doomsday, first time. Gotta love it, Superman taking the gloves off and killing the unkillable.

Superman vs (the actual) Zod. Yes! Finally the rematch I've been waiting for since Superman II. "I am hell! I am ZOD!"

Superman vs Qurac. I like the idea of Superman totally pwning a country just for kicks. It's pretty neat.

Superman vs Darkseid. after Kara's 'death'. Don't care what the haters say, this fight ruled.

Batman:

Batman vs The Joker. After Jason's death. Closet Batman has ever come to killing the Joker, shame the crash didn't do the trick.

Batman vs four white martians. Again the whiners can complain all they want. "HE'S JUST A MAN!" "He's... the most dangerous man on Earth."

Batman vs Deacon Blackfire. Takes down the man who took over Gotham, makes him beg for death, then lets his followers kill him. Sweet. Probably the only Batman villian that Bruce has ever stopped perminantly.

Batman vs Superman. Hush fight. Oooh, purdy.

Deathstroke:

Deathstroke vs the Justice League. Again, don't care about the haters. Deathstroke had this rep boosting fight coming for a long time.

Deathstroke vs Batman. Oooh, just brutal.

Deadshot:

Deadshot vs Green Arrow. Ha ha, what happens when two guys who never miss fight? This.

Deadshot vs his Mom. Seriously, Deadshot systematically hunting down and killing his mother's goons was cool and creepy at the same time.

Other:

Batman & Superman vs half the DCU in Public Enemies. He he, this series got me back into reading comics, nuff said.

Trinity vs Doomsday clones. Pfft, screw the amazons, they got owned. Just throw the big three at these slackers and watch the carnage.

Sucide Squad vs Apokolips. This ruled, U.S. Black Ops vs the army of a dark god. The Wall shows Granny how it's done!

Just about every fight in Infinite Crisis and lead ins.

2. newmexneon Registered

The DCU vs the Anti-monitor in COIE.

Superman VS Wonder Woman in Sacrifice.

3. BlackOpsTengu Registered

Ah yes, how could I forget the origional Crisis? Silly me. :D

4. rigel7soldiers Registered

Aquaman vs that one Whit Martian - Aquaman owns one of the Hyperclan by giving him a seizure with his mind

Luthor vs Superman- Red Son: Luthor brings Superman to his knees without lifting a finger or saying a word. He wrote him a letter. God, Lex Luthor rules.

5. ToddIsDead Registered

I love Red Son so much. It's my favorite Superman story of all time.

6. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

No that sucked. Superman should never be able to easily defeat Darkseid like that.

No the closest Batman came to killing the Joker was in Hush where he actually tried to kill him and would have if it weren't for Gordon interfering.

Batman should never be able to take on Doomsday, ******ed clone or not. The White Martians I can tolerate, but Doomsday. Hell no.

7. BlackOpsTengu Registered

One, key word being clone.

Two, what's the point of having an unbeatable villian like Darkseid if he never loses? From the way you oldbies talk, God himself wouldn't be able to hand Darkseid an asswhuppin. Superman's strength has no real limits, even more so when he gets pissed/solar powered, both of which occured when he fought DS that time.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter. :p

8. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Darkseid can be beaten, by Doomsday. And like I said, ******ed clone or not: BATMAN SHOULD NEVER BE FIGHT DOOMSDAY AND WIN LET ALONE SURVIVE OR GO ON WITHOUT INJURY!

Also Darkseid is plain badass.

9. Spectre722 Registered

The Old League/Super Buddies (Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Fire, Metamorpho, Mary Marvel, Rocket Red, Martian Manhunter) vs. three Omacs. That was a kickass fight.

Any of the fights in Hush. Those were just so badass. It truly shows Batman in his finest form.

Adam Strange versus the two bounty hunters in issues 1 and 2. A jetpack dogfight in the skies of Gotham? What more could you ask for.

10. Anubis Sup?

Jack Knight Vs Kyle (The Mist's son) over the skys of Opal City

And another favorite, Jack Knight, in his underwear, in a wearhouse, fights his way through tons of armed guards, all the way to the Mist II with nothing but a hammer and his barehands. Badass, thy name is Jack Knight.

11. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

Such a good fight! Good call.

12. kiuju2k Registered

I think deathstroke vs. batman was one of batmans tough losses. He actually thought he could hold slade back.

13. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

you guys forget that the doomsday clones were not alive, and batman had new god tech on..

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Captain Atom vs. the Wildcats--rearranging Maul's molecular structure to revert him to his weakling human form and overloading Voodoo's brain by plugging her mind into the US intelligence grid are two of my favorite moments ever.

Batgirl vs. Shiva--the ending to that fight worked so well for Cassandra's character that I even forgave the writer for using the incredibly lame and predictable plot 'twist' that Shiva's her mom.

Flash and the good speedsters vs. Savitar and his speed ninjas--greatest speedster fight ever.

15. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

what doesnt make sence since shiva took truth serum and said she never had children when they thought she was jasons mom

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Shiva's mind is strong, young padawan.

17. Vanguard07 He who hath rhythm

Orion vs Darkseid
    Orion vs Karnak
    Orion vs Superman

Orion Rules.

18. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

or a retcon perhaps?

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Obviously, but my explanation is more fun.

20. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

maybe she ate a sensu bean?

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Just because she's Asian doesn't mean she knows about DBZ paraphernalia. Bigot. :o

22. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

heh, i didnt even think about that..lmao its funny now that you mention it..

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Stereotypes usually are.

24. Purple Man Registered

How about:

The Flash vs Zoom

Black Adam vs Psycho Pirate

Batgirl vs Ravager

25. supes_el Registered

Lol, was this a fight?...Physco Pirate did nothing...In my book it was a 1-sided massacre.