Top Gun: Maverick

LOL does Cruise have it in his contract that his younger male costars have to grow ugly mustaches so that he’s still the best looking guy onscreen?

the love interest is only 9 years younger? nice :D:up:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable featurette clip where everyone brown noses Cruise

"Tom figured out how to fly an F18 in just two hours"
"Tom kept nailing every take in the F18"
"Even veteran fighter pilots were taken aback at how quickly he caught on"
i hope noone belives that they would let an actor fly an F18 alone or that they would allow an actor to take off from an aircraft carrier.

I kinda despise Tom Cruise, because at the centre of some pretty disgusting sexual and physical abuse cover-ups... but I also think this looks really good, due to how much he appears to do himself (again). Conflicted.

Yea even though Cruise is weird, possibly a full blow psychopath/sociopath, I cant help but admire his professionalism.

I saw the bts of one of the MI films recently. Might've been Fallout. Where he jumps from on roof to the other. He snaps his leg right near the ankle I believe. Literally. And he just carries on and finishes the take.

But anyway this looks predictable and uninspired as ****. They even remade the bloody volleyball sequence! But its Top Gun, so I'll have to watch it at some point.

That was out of nowehere, great teaser, the aerial footage looks awesome.

Yea even though Cruise is weird, possibly a full blow psychopath/sociopath, I cant help but admire his professionalism.

I saw the bts of one of the MI films recently. Might've been Fallout. Where he jumps from on roof to the other. He snaps his leg right near the ankle I believe. Literally. And he just carries on and finishes the take.

But anyway this looks predictable and uninspired as ****. They even remade the bloody volleyball sequence! But its Top Gun, so I'll have to watch it at some point.
You can’t leave the volleyball scene out!

Really nice teaser. Loving the visuals and what looks to be awesome practical jet stunts. I liked This director's other movies, especially his last one "Only the Brave", so I'm looking forward to this. I just hope they make Tony Scott proud.

I haven't seen Top Gun but I'm gonna watch this one next year out of curiousity. The film looks filmed well. Though I just don't know if the gp is here for a Top Gun sequel? What is the budget for this?

I'm gonna venture a guess that Cruise is actually flying that jet.

I haven't seen Top Gun but I'm gonna watch this one next year out of curiousity. The film looks filmed well. Though I just don't know if the gp is here for a Top Gun sequel? What is the budget for this?

Well you have to watch the first one before watching the sequel. And the general public will definitely be onboard for a Top Gun sequel.

I'm gonna venture a guess that Cruise is actually flying that jet.

One of the conditions of starring in the original was that Cruise had to be flying the jet, so he had pilot training for it. I'm guessing it's something similar here that he had to be flying as well. In fact, he also wanted all the cast to have pilot training to see if they could withstand the G force, as he didn't want any CGI effects. He wanted it to look real.

At least they opened the trailer by addressing the fact that Maverick shouldn't be a combat pilot anymore. Thought he might've moved on to Tom Skerrit's type of role in the first one doesn't look that way though.

Even in the first one Maverick was more anti-hero than hero which should make this interesting.

Bet the flight sequences will be awesome. Didn't they say they're filmed in like 6K or something.

June next year
So, Paramount is going to release this against another DC movie (WW'84) ? I'm not surprised, looking at how in past they released Bumblebee 10 days before Aquaman and they were going to release Transformers TLK against Wonder Woman.

LOL does Cruise have it in his contract that his younger male costars have to grow ugly mustaches so that he’s still the best looking guy onscreen?

In some cases it's also the women who have to grow ugly moustaches. :o

At least they opened the trailer by addressing the fact that Maverick shouldn't be a combat pilot anymore. Thought he might've moved on to Tom Skerrit's type of role in the first one doesn't look that way though.

Even in the first one Maverick was more anti-hero than hero which should make this interesting.

Bet the flight sequences will be awesome. Didn't they say they're filmed in like 6K or something.

I'm guessing it's something a bit like Captain Kirk and how he always felt more comfortable in a command role or out in the field than behind a desk. Something a bit like this kind of reasoning:

I'm guessing it's something a bit like Captain Kirk and how he always felt more comfortable in a command role or out in the field than behind a desk. Something a bit like this kind of reasoning:

Yeah but Kirk made Admiral.

I kinda despise Tom Cruise, because at the centre of some pretty disgusting sexual and physical abuse cover-ups... but I also think this looks really good, due to how much he appears to do himself (again). Conflicted.
Yeah, I'm a bit conflicted as well. Not really a fan of his anymore (and he's one of the few actors that I have a hard time separating the character from things the actor has done/what they're like in real life).... but Top Gun was very much a part of my childhood (I don't think I can count the times me and my siblings watched it). So, yeah..... conflicted

Yeah but Kirk made Admiral.
He made Admiral, but he ended up having regrets about it (as indicated in the clip Dark Raven posted) - he missed being in that Captain's chair/being on that ship/on the front lines - hence why he told Picard - don't retire, don't let them promote you, don't let them do anything to take you away from that chair.

tumblr_puv0xodTRE1qh1qauo3_540.gif

tumblr_puv0xodTRE1qh1qauo7_540.gif

tumblr_puv0xodTRE1qh1qauo4_540.gif

tumblr_puv0xodTRE1qh1qauo2_540.gif

tumblr_puv0xodTRE1qh1qauo6_540.gif

He made Admiral, but he ended up having regrets about it (as indicated in the clip Dark Raven posted) - he missed being in that Captain's chair/being on that ship/on the front lines - hence why he told Picard - don't retire, don't let them promote you, don't let them do anything to take you away from that chair.

Not disputing any of that. What I'm saying though is that moving up the ranks is inevitable unless you screw yourself. Which in all likely hood is what Maverick did. Having said that any leader above him would also eventually question his judgement and ability to re-enlist. Also I have to imagine that being 57 +/- for the film, a captain, and active duty combat fighter pilot has to be against some kind of regulation.

I'd believe it more if he started to hate teaching, went back to active, aged out of combat, and then went back to teaching again moved up the ranks some, and still snuck in over the top antics during his stick time to keep his quals. I mean I guess he was an O-3 in the original and is now an O-6 so who knows maybe that's what I just described, and it was only meant to appear as though he was still qualified for combat in the trailer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"