Top Gun: Maverick

Kosinski: "Tom you can't have a running scene, this is a movie about fighter jets."

Tom:

2f7ca79a4585b1fc7a4fea3d83d1465015c2f98f.gifv

So for those that have purchased it digitally and have seen it in theaters as well, does the movie hit any differently at home vs. the theater?

I know the easy answer is of course...it's hard to ever fully replicate the theater experience...but I mean as far as the movie itself and your fondness of it.

So for those that have purchased it digitally and have seen it in theaters as well, does the movie hit any differently at home vs. the theater?

I know the easy answer is of course...it's hard to ever fully replicate the theater experience...but I mean as far as the movie itself and your fondness of it.

I’ve only seen it digitally and for me personally, I found it thrilling. I do wish I had gone to the theater to see it but I was still on the edge of my seat watching it at home.

Seeing this for a 3rd time tomorrow - finally in glorious IMAX.

I am on a holiday at my home country and my hometown still has a single screening going on weekends in that format.

I simply couldn't pass this opportunity.

The emotional moments still hit. But my speaker system is in no way comparable to a good theater.

Seeing this for a 3rd time tomorrow - finally in glorious IMAX.

I am on a holiday at my home country and my hometown still has a single screening going on weekends in that format.

I simply couldn't pass this opportunity.

And you won't regret it. I saw it in IMAX, Dolby, and standard.

Just bought it digitally this morning so can't wait to experience it at home later tonight. May make it a double-feature!

And you won't regret it. I saw it in IMAX, Dolby, and standard.

Just bought it digitally this morning so can't wait to experience it at home later tonight. May make it a double-feature!

Enjoy! After my screening tomorrow, I will be waiting for the steelbook to arrive for my first digital home viewing.

I’ve only seen it digitally and for me personally, I found it thrilling. I do wish I had gone to the theater to see it but I was still on the edge of my seat watching it at home.
I would say that, if possible, I'd go see it at a theater.

Apparently the physical media release of this movie is going to be November 1st!? That is unheard of these days (even though you can buy it on streaming right now).

Yeah it's definitely the longest gap from theater to disc release in a long time but I also think that if it hadn't been the monster hit that it was we'd probably be seeing it hit Blu-ray within the next couple of weeks.

So I saw this movie for a second time at home (after seeing it first in theaters) and it definitely hit me differently this time through. It really is an all around crowd pleaser and the story in this one is so much stronger than the in the first film. I think I enjoyed much more during the second time. I might get this on blu ray whenever it comes out.

Watching all the clips on You Tube again just makes me want to go back to the cinema and watch it all again. Cant think of a film thats ever done that, usually a couple times in the cinema is enough but this was just made for the biggest screen going.

Watched it for the first time last night and just...wow. Wasn't a fan of the original all that much, but this was engrossing. Can't wait to plop my kid in front of it in a few years. Glad this team pulled this out and made a classic Jerry Bruckheimer actioner ripped straight out of his 90s run.

Had thought about seeing it in IMAX, but it was off those screens by the time I could make a plan. That said, this movie still crushes at home. Cranked my system up and this had my chest thumping and me leaning in during those phenomenal dogfights. This is going to be an EASY 4K disc buy come November.

In a way, the home versus theater experience for this movie specifically reminds me of Gravity.

Yeah, you can watch it at home and it's still a great film, but you don't really get the sense of scale for a movie like this by not being in a theater, IMAX or otherwise.

The only think I remember about Gravity was the baby in our theater crying during a space explosion scene and her ****ty parents doing nothing about.

I have a 65” Atmos setup and was perfectly satisfied, as usual, with watching from the comfort of my home. That said, I knew after two minutes how this movie made $1.5b though.

Kosinski: "Tom you can't have a running scene, this is a movie about fighter jets."

Tom:

2f7ca79a4585b1fc7a4fea3d83d1465015c2f98f.gifv

I remember really digging this in the theater. Felt like they were trying something different that worked.

I almost felt like they were going to have to engage in a ground fight to get to that hangar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"