Revenge of the Fallen Transformers 2 at the Box Office

This movie is gonna make a ****load of money.

I see four big movies this summer but only two that will battle it out till the death .
Last Summer was The Battle of The Billionaires with The Dark Knight coming out as Supreme victor . This Summer it The War Of The Machines.

1. Transformers : Revenge Of The Fallen

2. Terminator Salvation

3. X-men Origins : Wolverine

4. Star Trek

I see four big movies this summer but only two that will battle it out till the death .
Last Summer was The Battle of The Billionaires with The Dark Knight coming out as Supreme victor . This Summer it The War Of The Machines.

2. Terminator Salvation

4. Star Trek

Harry Potter will be no slouch.

I'm going to say $100+million opening weekend with opening day being very close to $60 million and with the final box office numbers as far as it's domestic numbers go being very close to $500 million. And I also think worldwide in total at the end it will have made around $900 million. I think when it's all done I will have been right about 3/4 of the predictions I made above at least.

2. Terminator Salvation

4. Star Trek

not bad of a prediction, but i would put #4 in #2, TS in #3, wolvie in #4. T3 didn't do that great, so this is pretty high. X3 got amazing numbers but wasn't very good, and with the leaked copy out, wolvie's numbers won't be as high. when does harry potter come out. never watch any of the 5 or 6 movies, but they are cash cows, so i would think they would be higher than TS and wolvie.

I'm going to say $100+million opening weekend with opening day being very close to $60 million and with the final box office numbers as far as it's domestic numbers go being very close to $500 million. And I also think worldwide in total at the end it will have made around $900 million. I think when it's all done I will have been right about 3/4 of the predictions I made above at least.

Should be an interesting BO run to say the least.

Last edited:
not bad of a prediction, but i would put #4 in #2, TS in #3, wolvie in #4. T3 didn't do that great, so this is pretty high. X3 got amazing numbers but wasn't very good, and with the leaked copy out, wolvie's numbers won't be as high. when does harry potter come out. never watch any of the 5 or 6 movies, but they are cash cows, so i would think they would be higher than TS and wolvie.

Harry Potter's new movie is suppose to come out in July sometime. I wouldn't worry about that,Revenge Of The Fallen is easily going to out gross the new Potter movie in America and North America,the first Transformers movie made more than each Potter movie domestically if you compare them seperately. Let's also consider that the movie theater going audience may very very well be tired of Harry's movies already while luckily for the Transformers live action movie franchise being very fresh still. Like,isn't the new Potter movie coming out suppose to be his 6th or 7th movie??

Last edited:
Right now my prediction is that ROTF will become the #1 movie of the summer.

Right now my prediction is that ROTF will become the #1 movie of the summer.
I agree, this movie will be twice as big of a deal as the first. But then most sequels awalys are.

I admitt, I never saw the first in the theaters, just kind of wrote it off as not worth my time, Saw it for the first time on HBO, luckily yes in HD, and on a big screen.

I have to say the Show West footage has got me salivating for more of this kind of action, the roundhouse style kick that they show prime about to land really looks AWSOME, not to mention the Superior action we will see on the Bridge as Prime goes after the big wheel about dealio that is the center of Devastator, and the sheer exstacy of seeing something that big become a part of something much bigger.

Having said all of this I hope to one day see a more powerful, deep emotional movie invovling giant Mechs made and that is Evangelion..... Also a cartoon from Japan, but far more invovled and modern.

I predict a plausible 450 Million US domestic run.

Harry Potter's new movie is suppose to come out in July sometime. I wouldn't worry about that,Revenge Of The Fallen is easily going to out gross the new Potter movie in America and North America,the first Transformers movie made more than each Potter movie domestically if you compare them seperately. Let's also consider that the movie theater going audience may very very well be tired of Harry's movies already while luckily for the Transformers live action movie franchise being very fresh still. Like,isn't the new Potter movie coming out suppose to be his 6th or 7th movie??

i think you misread my post man. i didn't say it would get higher than fallen. i'm pretty sure that T2 ROTF will be the winning movie this summer (but star trek will be close if it doesn't slip in for the win). I put harry potter above terminator and wolvie. you didn't even include it in the top 5. i'm saying that it will get more money than you might think.

my post has nothing to do with potter and transformers.

Let's also consider that the movie theater going audience may very very well be tired of Harry's movies already while luckily for the Transformers live action movie franchise being very fresh still. Like,isn't the new Potter movie coming out suppose to be his 6th or 7th movie??

l doubt that. lol I fully expect HP6 to make it's usual $900+ million WW.

i think you misread my post man. i didn't say it would get higher than fallen. i'm pretty sure that T2 ROTF will be the winning movie this summer (but star trek will be close if it doesn't slip in for the win). I put harry potter above terminator and wolvie. you didn't even include it in the top 5. i'm saying that it will get more money than you might think.

my post has nothing to do with potter and transformers.

No no no no no no,don't worry,I was actually just throwing out my 2 cents. I wasn't actually criticizing your post. I never once thought that you assumed it would make more than Revenge Of The Fallen,however,I do agree that this new Potter movie will make more cash at the box office than the last one.

60 Mill seems a little steep for a Wednesday opening.

No no no no no no,don't worry,I was actually just throwing out my 2 cents. I wasn't actually criticizing your post. I never once thought that you assumed it would make more than Revenge Of The Fallen,however,I do agree that this new Potter movie will make more cash at the box office than the last one.

ah, just a little miscommunication.

the last HP made a lot of money.

I say like around Spider-man 3 numbers.
i dont think it will make spidey numbers. for those kind of money you need action but at the same time a normal serious story.
this movie has jokes and action this will make a lot of money. but i dont hink like spidey 3. its a little to brainless for that kind of money.

i dont think it will make spidey numbers. for those kind of money you need action but at the same time a normal serious story.
this movie has jokes and action this will make a lot of money. but i dont hink like spidey 3. its a little to brainless for that kind of money.

Lol at too brainless,you already got Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen confused as Spiderman 3,how do you screw something like that up??

:oldrazz: :hehe:

Last edited:
This and Harry Potter will be the biggest hits of the summer. They'll probably end up making the same amount domestically. My guess is around $300 to $400 million.

Let's also consider that the movie theater going audience may very very well be tired of Harry's movies already

no just no lol

Let's also consider that the movie theater going audience may very very well be tired of Harry's movies already

no just no lol

i don't think it works that way. i predict it will make 290-300 mil +/- 30 mi. it's been consistently like that the last 5. i don't think it will break the straw.

I have a feeling this will beat TDK's IMAX numbers in the least.

IMAX...maybe, but i don't think anything else.

Im gonna put my bet on 350,000,000 domestically

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"