Transformers Transformers 2 Info + Why The Movie Designs Are Different From G1

Blade elevated the source material like Battle Star Galctica did.

Bay is giving Transformers the LXG treatment. That's why you Bay drones are focusing on the mindless action instead of the characters or subtext.

Bay is using the same approach as LXG. Distorting the original characters and themes to widen the audience but in doing so he is hiding the true appeal of the original fantasy and concepts.

Well I'm glad your the first to resort to childish insults. It's a good indicator you have a weak argument to begin with.

Again Batman comics had cheese but there some other stuff there too. I never said there was no cheesy moment in the G1 cartoon, but you keep bringing up Optimus Prime playing basketball as if that's all he ever did in the cartoons. For most of the cartoons, comics, and animated movie Optimus was dignified and honorable.

The characters and concepts reasonated with me like Superman does. Is Superman epic and have Shakespearian themes? Most culture snobs would say no, but then again they never really thought about the characters and themes. They dismiss it automatically simply because it's a cartoon/comic book. Pretty narrow minded huh?

lolz. You're the one who used the term epic to describe Bayformers, not me. Nice attempt to back peddle though.

So your saying the source material isn't anything near epic but Bayformers is? What did he add to the Transformers universe that elevates it to epic status? Just because a movie has a big budget and 'splosions doesn't mean it qualifies as epic.

Yeah, Peal Harbor is a "visual epic" and most people despise that movie. But then again the source material (bombing of Pearl Harbor, WWII) didn't have epic potential so I guess Bay's hands were tied. :o

Admit it, Bay missed the mark. That movie missed the point.

You don't care. That's why I don't understand why you spend so much time discussing the merits of this film. Did Bay save your cat from a fire or something?

Yeah and when the movie makes money you will pretend like it means something like the Phantom Menace apologists.

I never said there wasn't. There's bad stuff in Batman comic books too. It's up to the filmmakers to take the Joel Schumacher approach or the Chris Nolan approach.

How am I trolling? By suggesting that Transformers be more like Transformers??? :huh:

Are you serious? Everybody who has seen the prequels knows Jar Jar's screen time goes down each prequel. and It's most likely due to the backlash from the fans.

Step out of your narrow, unimaginative mind. Then maybe you can come up with a less predictable insult. :o

Just because I don't buy Energon and Armada toys doesn't mean I'm not a true TF fan. It just means I have standards dude.

afraid? Don't flatter yourself.

Well I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with GI Joe fans but I will say there's a reason they chose Transformers over Go Bots. So it aint all just about giant robots fighting.

Why are you dissing on Episode I? It was a good family film.

I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't being literal. I was just suggesting that if you're going to talk about twenty years you should be more specific, if this was Superman then 'decades' would be appropriate, but whatever, let's not dwell on the unnecessary.

Well Yugi BM, if that's your real name!!! It doesn't make much sense for people to spend so much time attacking fans of a franchise they don't really care about.

I have a passive interest in the Hobbit but if Bay was put in charge of that franchise and started revamping stuff I wouldn't go to a Hobbit foum and attack the fans for opposing the changes. Why would I care?

So the studio plant concern is valid.

I'm insulted by this post; I'm tempted to call you a buffoon because A). you won’t even be man enough to address me by my correct username. B). I don’t remember ever specifically saying I wasn’t a Transformers fan. I grew up on Beast Wars but you don’t see me saying Beast Wars is better then G1 (heck, I can’t remember much of the original series so who am I to compare? Heck, I ask you this, have you seen the actual film? No, you haven’t so don’t be so quick to judge the film and those looking forward to it). C). After tLotR I highly doubt The Hobbit will be left in the hands of anybody but Jackson. D). I’m not a plant; this was very insulting to me. I’m sixteen and in the tenth grade, I’m spending my spring break on the internet and whatnot, my social life outside of school is on the internet, heck, I’m a reporter for news.toonzone.net for crying out loud. I’m a GEEK!

Umm No. Dont put words or even worse say that I like those movies because I'm defending Transformers. No I dont want mindless action. If I want that I'll go see something like Jurassic Park 3. I never said 300 was like Transformers. I was stating that Transformers can be good but because of the director and the designs and a leaked script you are condemning it already. Even if the Designs of G1 were the same, the voice actors were the same [which is impossible] the fans would have something to whine about if its a line that Optimus said, or if Bumblebee wasnt doing things if Bumblee would normaly do. You want Transformers to tread the same ground we have seen for 20 years and you want it again with this movie. Whether you like it or not Transformers are evolving only July 4th 2007 and you'll have to deal with it just like Beast Wars.

Well said sir.

Same here Cth. Blind you think because we defend the movie we want it to be mindless and dumb and were ok with that. WE ARE NOT. We dont think its gonna end up like that. As I have stated before I AM A TRANFORMERS FAN. I have been for awhile. Not since G1 but that doesnt mean I dont respect it. But I've gone back and seen episodes that make me cringe at the cheesiness and others that still make me laugh from the humor.

Honestly, people are acting like the sequels won't include more plot, I'm sure the writers would jump at the chance of having a thicker plot to write for, after all, they're writers and if I know writers (I'm one, though not professionally) I'd love to write a cool plot.

I'm a plant.

Water me!! :cmad:

I hope you like yellow!

Yūgi's BM;11490634 said:
I'm insulted by this post; I'm tempted to call you a buffoon because A). you won’t even be man enough to address me by my correct username. B). I don’t remember ever specifically saying I wasn’t a Transformers fan. I grew up on Beast Wars but you don’t see me saying Beast Wars is better then G1 (heck, I can’t remember much of the original series so who am I to compare? Heck, I ask you this, have you seen the actual film? No, you haven’t so don’t be so quick to judge the film and those looking forward to it). C). After tLotR I highly doubt The Hobbit will be left in the hands of anybody but Jackson. D). I’m not a plant; this was very insulting to me. I’m sixteen and in the tenth grade, I’m spending my spring break on the internet and whatnot, my social life outside of school is on the internet, heck, I’m a reporter for news.toonzone.net for crying out loud. I’m a GEEK!

Reason A is my favorite reason to call someone a buffoon......

For christ sake.......this section is the worst on the hype,so now the positive ppl are plants ? well i best go and collect my new Mercedes from Paramount:whatever:

Oh and while im there Blind Fury and Cflash can go and collect whatever they are owed from Fox b/c surely they must be plants from Fox trying to trash the movie to help out Die Hard 4 and FF2 right ?..again:whatever:

This stops now,anymore plant talk and some ppl can take a break
Well Said, Extremly Well Said. Talk about a counter-point!!! Looks like we found a double edged sword eh blind???? :whatever:

Quote:
"Transformers 2" is being prepped for 2009, as is a new cartoon series to spin off the upcoming movie.

The reason given to licensors as to why the robots look so different in the film is so that hardcore fans will stay loyal and keep buying the old toys, which they're relaunching, even if they hate the new movie.

Licensing has explicitly stated that companies doing merchandising have to avoid doing anything too similar to the original Transformers line, so as not to mix the two separate and profitable properties.

... ? That is the lamest excuse I have ever read; bar none! The differences make me feel like TFs are being turned into a joke and I am much less likely to buy any of the products; even IF they do bring out a G1 line at the same time.

Much more likely: Had the movie been fatefull to and respectfull of the G1 cartoon, it would of peeked my interest even more to aquire brand new, more realistic, more detailed versions of my old favorites... This movie is like going to a restaurant and getting food poisoning: Makes me wanna stay away from any and everything that may have to do with it!!!

Quote:
"Transformers 2" is being prepped for 2009, as is a new cartoon series to spin off the upcoming movie.

The reason given to licensors as to why the robots look so different in the film is so that hardcore fans will stay loyal and keep buying the old toys, which they're relaunching, even if they hate the new movie.

Licensing has explicitly stated that companies doing merchandising have to avoid doing anything too similar to the original Transformers line, so as not to mix the two separate and profitable properties.

... ? That is the lamest excuse I have ever read; bar none! The differences make me feel like TFs are being turned into a joke and I am much less likely to buy any of the products; even IF they do bring out a G1 line at the same time.

Much more likely: Had the movie been fatefull to and respectfull of the G1 cartoon, it would of peeked my interest even more to aquire brand new, more realistic, more detailed versions of my old favorites... This movie is like going to a restaurant and getting food poisoning: Makes me wanna stay away from any and everything that may have to do with it!!!

Hey Dan..

Is the HHH what I think it stands for? If so, nice to see you around these parts :D

That really has to be the weakest excuse I've seen.

Anyone who takes even the slightest bit of notice knows Hasbro/Takara have been running several toylines/universes over the last few years - The Unicron Trilogy, and Binaltech/Alternators, both of which were/are far closer to G1 in style and mood than the movie, whilst still re-releasing G1 toys, and making those Masterpeice editions.

Did any of that put off the hardcore fans? hell no, they lapped all of it up like the slavering fanboys they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"