Dark of the Moon Transformers 3 filming locations and information

Wow, this all sounds awesome, and that new car just has to be Hot Rod, would be very surprised if it wasnt.

Exactly what I was thinking, Ferrari is too big of a name to be a smaller character.

ohsnl5.jpg

I'm actually surprised they got Malkovich and McDormand (especially the latter), either they really need the money or wanted to do something their kids can watch.

As for Jeong being in this movie, I'm not surprised. I can almost bet money that Jeong's role will be a stereotypical Asian professor or Chinese scientist. And chances are, it'll be for "comedy."

He'll definitely be a stereotype, I just hope his role is small.

I don't appreciate your asian jokes, Hunter! :cmad:

John Malkovich as Unicron.

SHH front page has a story from a TF3 set....

Posted a link in the News and Speculation thread i created earlier....

I hope it won't be hard to know exactly where the set locations will be. I live in Chicago and did a lot of set spying for The Dark Knight and plan to do it again for TF3. I am actually really looking forward to it!

Remember how they said they are going back to "core mythology" (sp?)...well, I would put money on having McDormand playing Elitra One (or the voice of her).

In Gary? Oh, hell naw! I am there!

This is great!!!! I plan to be on Michigan Ave. on April 13!!!!!! Hopefully more details will leak soon, so I can be better prepared.

EDIT - Oh wait... They won't be in Chicago then... Well, please keep me informed and I will try to get us some good shots once they finally come to Chicago.

I didn't get a chance to get any pics unfortunately becuase I had to work that day. :argh: But my guy did tell me he did see them cause some damage to an abandoned building. Not much, but it's something.

did not represent?

how hypocritical

I read in the paper yesterday that they're going to film down michigan ave. and other parts of the Loop on July 4th.

Greetings everyone.. I haven't posted here since TDK set spying I did a few years ago.

Anyway.. Anyone have T3 set spying as of late? I saw on AICN today that someone snapped a photo in Chicago of them loading a small bot off of a semi trailer. Wondering if anyone has seen anything? I work downtown in the Loop (near sears tower) I can go anytime during the day durring the week and check things out. If they are in the burbs I can go spy at night.

Let me know if anyone has even spotting those famous chicago no-parking signs. They usually post them on the street for future dates.. and they all say "filming location no parking" that's always been a huge clue as to the area they will be.

Wow.. not many stalkers out there huh?

I just got back from visiting the Set they are building. It's off Franklin St. It's a big empty lot (the same Lot that the trailers were located for The Dark Knight crew). They are bringing big Chunks of Concrete and Metal on flatbed trucks. And they have a guy with a fork life taking the chucks and positioning them in different areas of the lot.

I did see a car that was smashed by some concrete and I saw airplane landing gear laying in the lot as well. Looks like they are building a nice set full of destruction.

However I noticed that there are NO production trucks or crew's. I didn't even see those famous yellow signs on the street stating "no parking". So my guess is that this set is a few days away from being used. I'll swing by again tomorrow and give another update.

Wow.. not many stalkers out there huh?

I just got back from visiting the Set they are building. It's off Franklin St. It's a big empty lot (the same Lot that the trailers were located for The Dark Knight crew). They are bringing big Chunks of Concrete and Metal on flatbed trucks. And they have a guy with a fork life taking the chucks and positioning them in different areas of the lot.

I did see a car that was smashed by some concrete and I saw airplane landing gear laying in the lot as well. Looks like they are building a nice set full of destruction.

However I noticed that there are NO production trucks or crew's. I didn't even see those famous yellow signs on the street stating "no parking". So my guess is that this set is a few days away from being used. I'll swing by again tomorrow and give another update.

I should be hitting up the set on Friday. Any idea where exactly it will be?

Disappointing that no one here is getting into it...

I'll plan on posting pics...

I posted a letter people got in the areas they're filming in tonight in the news thread a couple of days back...

Dear Tenant:

Please be advised that several streets surrounding 200 W. Madison will be closed on Friday, July 9th, 2010 at 7:00PM until Monday, July 12th, 2010 at approximately 5:00AM. This street closure is due to the filming for the movie Transformers 3. Below is a schedule of the parking and street closures for your reference:

The following streets will be posted for “No Parking” from 6:00 AM on Saturday, July 10th through 5:00 AM on Monday, July 12th:

Both sides of Randolph from Wacker to Wells
Both sides of Wacker from Lake to Randolph
Both sides of Alley behind 155 N. Wacker Dr. from Wacker to Franklin
Both sides of Franklin From Lake to Washington

The following Street will be posted for “No Parking” from 6:00AM on Sunday July 11th through 5:00AM on Monday July 12th:

West side of Wacker from Randolph to Washington
North side of Washington from Franklin to Wacker

LaSalle Street will be closed between Randolph to Jackson from 7:00 PM on July 9th through 5:00 AM on July 12th.

Washington will be closed between Wells and Clark from 7:00 PM on July 9th through 5:00AM on July 12th.

Please also note that there will be low flying helicopters in the area on Saturday, July 10th and Sunday July 11th. When the helicopter is in the area there will be “Public Assistants” to redirect any pedestrian or vehicular traffic away from LaSalle Street.

Hello all! :word: Like typeorocks, I haven't been on these forums posting pics and stories since the glorious summer of "The Dark Knight" filming here in Chicago. And unfortunately, I was out of town for most of the crazy Transformers 3 stuff the last few weeks.

But I'm here now and I guess I'll post what I got in this thread since this is where most of the chatter is.

Let's try to get this thread back on track and make THIS the place for Filming Location news:

“Transformers 3” will be filming at various locations in downtown Chicago during the weekend of August 7-8, 2010

LaSalle Street Bridge
FULL CLOSURE OF LASALLE FROM KINZIE TO WACKER
- Will close no earlier than 8pm on Friday, August 6.
- Will reopen no later than 5am on Monday, August 9.

Mid-Level Wacker between Lake Shore Dr & Michigan Ave
Saturday, August 7 & Sunday, August 8 - 4am-12pm only.
- Lane Closure & Intermittent Traffic Control
- Intermittent traffic control of adjacent streets and sidewalks is to be expected.

SPECIAL EFFECTS
The Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department will supervise the use of special effects and pyrotechnics, including:
-simulated gunfire
-smoke
-fireballs
-explosions

http://www.chicagohotblog.com/transformers-3-filming-schedule-in-chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member