Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good man. I agree the Cinematography in Avengers is flat.

Hopefully with their new DP they take care of the issue.

They have a new Director of Photography? Those are some goon news. Though, as a fan of Joss Whedon's tv shows, i don't think i enjoy him much as a Film Director after watching both Serenity and The Avengers (though i never watched Firefly).

I'm not sure, maybe it's the cinematography, or something in the pacing i don't like, i didn't like Alien Ressurrection either, which had a script made by him. Joss can blame the Director or whatever, but i didn't like the writting of that film either, not just the look.

Hopefully a better Cinematography can make The Avengers 2 more enjoyable for me, but i guess we'll see.

They are using the DP from Guardians of The Galaxy I believe.

I like all of Whedons movies quite a bit so agree to disagree there. Alien Ressurrection was hardly his doing though. Whedon and the Director (Jean-Pierre Jeunet is amazing :up: ) are capable of much better and that flick had alot of issues. There's some decent weird stuff there I guess. Been awhile tbh.

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder how tall Grimlock will be after transforming. Do we have any idea?

As a t-rex he already towers over Prime, so yeah.

Bay may have taken a long time to put the Dinobots but i believe they will be the main atraction of the film.

They have a new Director of Photography? Those are some goon news. Though, as a fan of Joss Whedon's tv shows, i don't think i enjoy him much as a Film Director after watching both Serenity and The Avengers (though i never watched Firefly).

I'm not sure, maybe it's the cinematography, or something in the pacing i don't like, i didn't like Alien Ressurrection either, which had a script made by him. Joss can blame the Director or whatever, but i didn't like the writting of that film either, not just the look.

Hopefully a better Cinematography can make The Avengers 2 more enjoyable for me, but i guess we'll see.

You really should watch Firefly, ... and Dollhouse. Firefly is more fun, Dollhouse is more intelligent.

My theory as to why The Avengers was such a decline relative to Whedon's standard quality output is that though he is capable of great writing, he has a hard time doing so within the Hollywood system. Buffy was great, but only after the Buffy movie was a mess and only because there was this temporary network (I think it was UPN). Firefly was cancelled after one season in which the episodes were aired out of order. Dollhouse had one of the worst marketing campaigns and also didn't resonate with the public as well even though it eventually kicked ass. Finally, WB rejected Whedon's Wonder Woman script on the basis that it was too weird, or something.

I think that when he got the opportunity to do The Avengers, in order to save his career he deliberately wrote the most risk-free and most conservative script he possibly could, and indeed The Avengers is the most vanilla script he's ever put together -- it has virtually no themes. Now that he has more security I expect better out of him. I expect to see the Joss Whedon of old in Avengers 2.

You really should watch Firefly, ... and Dollhouse. Firefly is more fun, Dollhouse is more intelligent.

My theory as to why The Avengers was such a decline relative to Whedon's standard quality output is that though he is capable of great writing, he has a hard time doing so within the Hollywood system. Buffy was great, but only after the Buffy movie was a mess and only because there was this temporary network (I think it was UPN). Firefly was cancelled after one season in which the episodes were aired out of order. Dollhouse had one of the worst marketing campaigns and also didn't resonate with the public as well even though it eventually kicked ass. Finally, WB rejected Whedon's Wonder Woman script on the basis that it was too weird, or something.

I think that when he got the opportunity to do The Avengers, in order to save his career he deliberately wrote the most risk-free and most conservative script he possibly could, and indeed The Avengers is the most vanilla script he's ever put together -- it has virtually no themes. Now that he has more security I expect better out of him. I expect to see the Joss Whedon of old in Avengers 2.

I think it has alot to do with the very hands on producers he was working with at marvel. Their hands on uniformity was a huge part of that Phase one stuff.

There were reports of wanting to make the more naturally about cap but, that didn't happen. They even cut a handful of his scenes.

I'd like to see a director's cut of the avengers.

Stinger appears to be a clone of Bumblebee.

Seems like the Dinobots will be the ones selling this movie, if the Government is creating their oun bots, then that explains where Galvatron came from.

I wonder if Sideswipe is still in this. I believe the Stingray was seen during filming, right?

He's one of my favorite Autobots.

so just 12 with the majority autobots Decepticons getting shafted again
cant believe how shockwave and soundwave were handled I wish they would
give the cons a chance to shine oh well looking forward to the dinobots

I can't help but wonder how tall Grimlock will be after transforming. Do we have any idea?

Question is : will Dinobots transforms into alternate robot mode ?
Toys confirms this thing but about the movie, I dont think so.

There are 5 autobots with 5 dinobots, 3 decepticons. total = 13 transformers
They have been reduced:
Jolt and Twins from ROTF left, Sidewipes, Dino and Wreckers from DOTM left. Ratchet dies in this one. No chance.

Any word on when we will get a new trailer or footage? Been pretty quiet.

Possibly VERY soon, as in a week or so.... The BBFC classified a trailer a couple of weeks back,which would generally mean it would have come out a week or so later.

Lots of speculation it could be with the US release of Amazing Spider-Man 2... And/or with Godzilla

Nice! Good to know. Thanks for the info. :up:

Is it just me, or that seemed like a condensed version of the first trailer? I don't think i saw any new footage there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"