Age of Extinction Transformers 5 Official Thread

I don't think the studio will want a situation similar to SONY's with a reboot, they'll probably try to crack yet another trilogy with Bay involved, or a TF/ G.I.Joes Crossover.

I found Extinction realy dull, on the surface the motivations of the villains could be interesting, but the way they were used made them stay one-dimensional and boring, Lockdown for example said some interesting things, but that's all he did, talk big, saying the kind of things you put in a trailer, while these films never realy had a 3 dimensional villain, Sentinel Prime did act a bit more than just talk and showed some more character.

Then there was the human villains, so they were angry about Chicago, hunting down all bots they find......but work with a mercenary Bot.........and hunt down the bots that actualy tried to save them? "My sister was in Chicago", that sentence would have worked if the guy saying it wasn't working with another Bot, after a disaster like that many would surely not be able to diferentiate Autobot from Decepticon, but this guy knows better, if he didn't, he wouldn't be working with Lockdown in the first place.

I just found AoE passionless in so many levels, Revenge of the Fallen was awful, but it was Michael Bay let loose without a script, he was all over the place with his editing and Directing, then Dark of the Moon was where he had to give his all, delivering on some very impressive set pieces, with an immersive 3D experience that ended up becoming a 2 hours and a half ride.

I think Bay has given all he wanted to in the first 3 movies, the new trilogy needs some fresh blood, if the studio's not satisfied with the result they can always hire Bay again for the 6th film.

Even though I like AoE (WAY more than ROTF and DOTM) I do agree that new blood is needed.

Although I'm afraid of who they'll get. Yeah Jon Faverau or someone like that would be cool (he's just a name Ive seen mentioned a lot to replace Bay) but apparently the studio was looking at Roland Emmerich, Joe Johnston, Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Sommers, Louis Leterrier and David Yates to replace Bay.

For me only one of those names inspires confidence. But yeah if they can get a good director then sure.

One thing they have to do though, is not just throw robots in there. Focus on the core group of Autobots instead of having hundreds of them like they did in ROTF

Well,Optimus Prime apparently still wants Bay on the helm lol.

Joe Johnston is a hit-or-miss, he could certainly bring some of that Spielbirgian feel fans have been wanting for a while, and which the first film still had a bit of. Not sure about David Yates, with Harry Potter he had a more cohesive source material and stronger scripts, how well would he do with a project like this? I'm actualy getting interested in seeing that.

The guy who did District 9 wouldn't be a bad choice either, but he's probably more interested in pursuing his oun projects.

The guy who did District 9 wouldn't be a bad choice either, but he's probably more interested in pursuing his oun projects.

The last 45 minutes of Elysium owed a lot to the TF franchise.

With Bay and Wahlberg out, it seems Age of Extinction wasn't exactly the kind of start to a new trilogy the studio was expecting. Maybe this could finaly be the time for them to go out of Earth for a bit.

Meh. I'll believe Bay and Wahlberg are out when we see the trailers.

IF Bay is indeed out, though, then Krueger needs to join him. Since it's clear at this point that neither one of them actually gives a crap about where the story is supposed to go until they actually decide to start making another one - and since I wouldn't bet on the chances of any TF movie in the foreseeable future really spending all that much time in space, as you can't shill flashy expensive new sports cars or get lucrative co-production deals on foreign planets - I say bring in a new director and screenwriter and have them start TF5 with Optimus coming back to Earth after already having taken care of the Creators; flashback the whole bit over the opening prologue just to get it out of the way. Then start a completely new (at least for this franchise) plot that doesn't have any more of that ***damn Ancient Buried World-Making Space Whatsit or Great Transformer Moments In Human History nonsense....maybe even give further exploration to the aftermath of Cemetery Wind/KSI, since personally I think that subplot has far more potential for the future of the franchise than constantly going back to "Our Two Worlds' Fates Are Intertwined Blah Blah Blah" well.

That's all the reboot you really need.

Last edited:
I hope Bay is out. TF and DOTM were great, but ROTF was terrible and AOE was even worse.

TF5 needs to succeed in the two areas that AOE failed most miserably in:

1) Relatable human characters that form a genuine relationship with the Autobots. If the Autobots are genuinely invested in the human cast, and if the human cast is relatable to the audience, then the audience will have a relationship with the Autobots by proxy.

2) Characterize Optimus correctly. As others have said: he doesn't need to be a saint, but don't make him a blood-thirsty murderer. He's the Captain America of the Autobots, not inherently violent, but willing to do what's necessary for justice.

Remember what fan boys dont like in these movies. The general audiences seem 2 love. So I doubt tptb cares about what the fan boys think or want

I know Bay is out, but where has it been said that Wahlberg isnt returning?

If that's true my excitement just dropped tremendously

Remember what fan boys dont like in these movies. The general audiences seem 2 love. So I doubt tptb cares about what the fan boys think or want

I'm not sure about that, the GA loves good special effects and action in these films, i don't think fans are against that either, what they want is more character development, and frankly, fan moments like Grimlock screaming "Grimlock King!" would probably be well received by the GA.

I know Bay is out, but where has it been said that Wahlberg isnt returning?

If that's true my excitement just dropped tremendously

Yeah, heard nothing about Wahlberg being out, and it wouldnt surprise if Bay came back either.

I just we hope we get a good dose of Optimus in space, on other planets, searching for the creators, yeah we will have earth stuff as well, we pretty much have to, but I want to see plenty of Optimus' s new mission as well.

They could take a small break from Earth though, like having humans create some outposts in space after all that has happened or even soldiers going to fight in space along the bots. Then you can go back to Earth in the 6th films for the ultimate destructive battle.

They could take a small break from Earth though, like having humans create some outposts in space after all that has happened or even soldiers going to fight in space along the bots. Then you can go back to Earth in the 6th films for the ultimate destructive battle.

I agree about taking humans into space, the comics have done this for years, I think it would be a good departure from the previous movies.

I think a good way to go would be The Autobots left on Earth receive a message that Optimus has been captured by the creators and they have to go and rescue him. They could enlist the dinobots to help them considering Optimus won their respect in AOE. Along with a couple of other new Autobots they meet in space, Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod possibly?

Ultra Magnus is long overdue, he is like the Gambit of the TF movie franchise.

Anyway, I thought we would have heard more about a TF 5 by now, I wonder are they trying to negotiate with Bay to return. AOE has done very well on home video so I expect they are trying to get him back.

Well, seems like Wahlberg is confirmed for TF5, according to the same article Bay is just producing as well. I wouldn't be shocked if that changed though. I glad Wahlberg is back though, I liked his character.

Well, seems like Wahlberg is confirmed for TF5, according to the same article Bay is just producing as well. I wouldn't be shocked if that changed though. I glad Wahlberg is back though, I liked his character.

I read that too, but I was curious whether the rest of the other cast would return (Stanley Tucci, Sophia Myles, etc)?

Now, bring me Skywarp and Thundercracker and morph them to Cyclonus and Sourge respectively. I will be a happy camper.

If I had to guess Tucci and Sophia Myles wont return. Just Wahlberg his kid and her bf

Besides a new Director, they should also get a new writer, the last script was particularly awful. I don't think 5 should be a reboot, even though the last one was realy bad, the franchise still seems to have fan invested in what's going on, so just follow on from what has been presented and try improving. It's still not too late to pull a Fast Five.

Besides a new Director, they should also get a new writer, the last script was particularly awful. I don't think 5 should be a reboot, even though the last one was realy bad, the franchise still seems to have fan invested in what's going on, so just follow on from what has been presented and try improving. It's still not too late to pull a Fast Five.

The thing is though quite a few people, me included, liked the 4th movie, it brought a bit of freshness back to the franchise. So I wouldn't mind Kruger staying on. Maybe another writer could join him?

Freshness? It honestly just felt like more of the same to me, it even felt like there was less passion put into it than in the previous films, i remember with the 3rd film Michael Bay talking about technology and how much he was going to make it amazing because it would be his last, along with some very impressive set pieces.

I think the writer has had plenty of chances to try making something good, it's time they hire somebody else.

I want ultra magnus to be in command where optimus is gone for a while and new decepticons will be cyclonus scourge astrotrain blitzwinh and octane I think hes a decepticon

Freshness? It honestly just felt like more of the same to me, it even felt like there was less passion put into it than in the previous films, i remember with the 3rd film Michael Bay talking about technology and how much he was going to make it amazing because it would be his last, along with some very impressive set pieces.

I think the writer has had plenty of chances to try making something good, it's time they hire somebody else.

I dont see how it could feel the same with different main characters with a totally different dynamic. All of the Autobots having clear personalities of their own. An Optimus that was against and wary of humans and villain that was on neither side of the war. Not to mention Optimus leaving at the end.

I thought the action in AOE was the best it had been since the first movie as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"