Age of Extinction Transformers 5 Official Thread

Even though I like AoE (WAY more than ROTF and DOTM) I do agree that new blood is needed.

Although I'm afraid of who they'll get. Yeah Jon Faverau or someone like that would be cool (he's just a name Ive seen mentioned a lot to replace Bay) but apparently the studio was looking at Roland Emmerich, Joe Johnston, Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Sommers, Louis Leterrier and David Yates to replace Bay.

For me only one of those names inspires confidence. But yeah if they can get a good director then sure.

One thing they have to do though, is not just throw robots in there. Focus on the core group of Autobots instead of having hundreds of them like they did in ROTF

10 Things That Could Save The Transformers Movies

I dont see how it could feel the same with different main characters with a totally different dynamic. All of the Autobots having clear personalities of their own. An Optimus that was against and wary of humans and villain that was on neither side of the war. Not to mention Optimus leaving at the end.

I thought the action in AOE was the best it had been since the first movie as well.

Clear personalities? Yeah, and they all acted like psychos, one even kills an alien because "it's too ugly to live", and then everyone talks about Optimus as if he was some great leader, yet he lets his teammates fight each other now and then, just watching them instead of steping in as a leader and trying to stop the fight.

The problem also came from the villains, so yeah, they don't trust bots anymore, what one of them said "I lost a sister in Chicago" did make sence at first, since some of the humans would start seeing all bots the same way, but why would any of them work with Lockdown? The guy's even shadier than the Autobots, it makes no sence, i know the main human villain wants that "seed" but how would everyone else in line follow the plan to betray the bots that helped the humans multiple times in order to help this shady mercenary bot that just appeared now?

The first three also had plenty of dumb scenes, but with Age of Extinction i found myself rolling my eyes at almost every scene, either by something somebody said, or by some weird stylization choice.

And i realy can't agree about the action, Dark of the Moon was one of the best 3D experiences i had in the Cinema, and the cinematography of that film was gorgeous. Even during the making of the film, everyone seemed excited to be there, with Michael Bay talking extensively about his plans for a grand finale, the scenes with the military that were well organized, how much he learned about 3D by talking with James Cameron, etc. Shia was also mentionin how this would be the major finale of Bay's trilogy, while the effects artists were happy to work with the script writers and fromw hat i can remember, even suggested some scenes, like the one set in Chernobyl.

It wasn't a very good movie, but i felt like Dark of the Moon made full use of the technology and felt more like a "spectacle" as a whole.

Is this actually going to come out next June, or will they delay it?

Is this actually going to come out next June, or will they delay it?

We haven't heard anything about the next possible Director, so it's possible it might get delayed. I think the studio may still be trying to get Michael Bay back. This isn't a franchise that should get too delayed too much though, it was finaly able to reach the spot of highest grossing film of the year, they realy need to keep striking the bar while it's still hot.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/431827-next-transformers-movie-coming-in-2017#/slide/1

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here, seems they are going to be doing spin off's galore hole also focusing on a central story in the main movies. The comics did this before All .hail Megatron came out and each character would have a spotlight story which focused on their part in the overall story, it was great stuff. Emulating that in the movies would be amazing.

Would love to see spin offs for Drift, Bumblebee and the Dinobots.

Seems like they also have the creator of Walking Dead now:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/20/transformers-robert-kirkman

If they want this franchise to last for long, then they should be smart enough not to hire people from Bay's Platinum Dunes, a shared universe needs to rely on quality in order to stay afloat.

By the way, weren't they planning Age of Extinction to be the start of a new trilogy? Is this just gonna be an Amazing Spider-Man 2 situation where the studio just changes its mind regarding what to do with the storyline and just stretch it through spin-offs in a pointless bid to compete against the Avengers? The thing with Transformers is that the only way it could actualy compete with Avengers would be if they improved the plot, while keeping the spectacle found in the previous films.

Last I heard Wahlberg is scheduled the return in Transformers 6 so Im guessing it'll be a trilogy for now.

By the sound of it the trilogy is still the plan but they are expanding things, with other movies as spin offs, etc. let's face it the Dinobots could be a movie o to themselves, and then there are characters and stories they have yet to explore like Ultra Magnus, Thunderwing, Sixshot and Unicron. Probably Straxus as well as the wreckers also. Prime in space could be a whole movie after ending of AOE.

'Transformers' Origin Movie Could Be On The Way

Deadline reports that a project with the working title "Transformers One" is being kicked around. It would take place on the planet Cybertron and it might be animated, but things are so early that it's not clear if that's the final plan just yet. The project might fall under the domain of newly hired writers Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari, who spent some time on "Ant-Man," but the word is they'll be writing a live-action movie as well, so basically, we'll just have to wait and see.

The duo join the writer's group headed by Akiva Goldsman and featuring Robert Kirkman ("The Walking Dead"), Art Marcum & Matt Holloway ("Iron Man," "Punisher: War Zone"), Zak Penn ("X2," "Elektra," "The Incredible Hulk," "The Avengers") and Jeff Pinkner ("Lost," "The Amazing Spider-Man 2").

"Transformers 5" arrives in 2017.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/transformers-origin-movie-could-be-on-the-way-20150527

Now that I would pay to see as an all CG flick.

Seems like Paramount and Michael Bay were able to strike a good deal, as he now gets 2 years between every TF film to make whatever film he wants, so it seems like the spin-offs will start being released during the hiatus between TF 5 and 6.

My guess is:

2017: Transformers 5
2018: Transformers One
2019: Transformers: Bumblebee
2020: Transformers 6

It's actualy a smart move to release the finale of this trilogy in the year after the MCU, DC and Star Wars release their big final events.

A Cybertron movie would be so exciting as we get to see the likes of Jazz and Ironhide again, maybe even Jetfire and Drift as decepticons. Dead deceptions like Shockwave and Soundwave as well.

Bumblebee could be good but he has never had a direct rival in the comics, only really the likes of Prime, Ultra Magnus and Jazz got that so it would be interesting to see which direction they went. They could show his time leading the Autobots before AOE I suppose.

They could give Bumblebee a rivalry with Starscream, i mean, they're both number 2 most popular Autobot and Decepticon, and each one has had the oportunity to lead their respective factions.

Has he even had a rival though? He pretty much has kicked the **** out of random Decepticons his size or bigger throughout the series. He's a scrapper.

If they gave BB a prequel and had Soundwave be his rival it'd give the final fight of DOTM some cool new meaning.

They could give Bumblebee a rivalry with Starscream, i mean, they're both number 2 most popular Autobot and Decepticon, and each one has had the oportunity to lead their respective factions.

Well Starscream is dead so it would have to be a prequel and may not mix well with the previous movies. But really Starscream has always been a rival for Megatron or Optimus.

Has he even had a rival though? He pretty much has kicked the **** out of random Decepticons his size or bigger throughout the series. He's a scrapper.

No he doesn't really, he is a soldier and just gets on with it. He seems to have brief rivalry in each movie but he normally takes care those within said movies.

If they gave BB a prequel and had Soundwave be his rival it'd give the final fight of DOTM some cool new meaning.

Yeah that could be an idea. But I also wouldn't mind the movie showing him running the Autobots while Optimus is away like the Bumblebee solo comic from a couple of years ago.

I would imagine it being a Prequel, hasn't Bumblebee been second in command a bunch of times? Starstream has that place in the Decepticons.

Anyway, i wonder how this strategy will turn out for the Transformers franchise, it might not work very well for them.

I would imagine it being a Prequel, hasn't Bumblebee been second in command a bunch of times? Starstream has that place in the Decepticons.

Anyway, i wonder how this strategy will turn out for the Transformers franchise, it might not work very well for them.

I do t think in the movies Bumblebee has been in charge, only time was between DOTM and AOE, that we have heard of in the movies anyway.

Of the original 5 from the first film, he's the only one remaining besides Optimus, they never realy talked about who's second in command due to Prime always being number 1, but they could say Bumblebee is, when it comes to pupularity, he's pretty much the 2nd most popular Autobot after Prime.

Regarding the box office takes of the franchise, i wonder how well TF 5 will do, in China it'll most likely make another load of cash, but i wonder if in the rest of the world, it will make enough to compete with the likes of Avengers, Fast and Furious, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

If Paramount wants the franchise to still be viable, they will need to be careful with this spin-offs expansion, if the Directors they go with keep being the likes Michael Bay and Liebesman, i can easily see the entire film series crumbling. While Bay will be the guy behind the main films, they better start building some goodwill when it comes to reviews with other types of Director, like some of the people who did Fast and furious films post-Fast Five, up and coming film directors with potential like what Lucasfilm is doing with Star Wars, or simply pick people who were behind critically acclaimed blockbusters like the guy who did Dawn of the Planet of the Apes or Shane Black.

''Six female robots that team up to form the massive Combiner character 'Victorion' debut next month in IDW's Transformers: Combiner Hunters comic book''

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/06/19/victorion-transformers-exclusive-first-look/28969983/

f6fXkjD.jpg

That's quite cool. I wonder if 'Victorion' will be in the new movie?

What do you guys think?

Oh I'm not holding my breath, but I was a fan of the female bots in the G1 cartoon. I'd like to see something like that.

Elita-One's Autobot Resistance! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"