World Transformers Animated: Diminished Role for Decepticons

cosmicherosa

king of life
Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33164

Cartoon and Hasbro execs said the new series, "Transformers Animated," will be significantly different than the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in Superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons -- the traditional "Transformers" lore since the property launched as a toy in 1984.

"We've used the basic Transformers and characters as a springboard, but then we're pretty much reimagining the whole thing," said Bob Higgins, senior vp programming and development at Cartoon Network. "What we're doing with it is basically turning it into a superheroes story. We're really excited that we're able to take this decades-old property and hopefully turn it into something that kids haven't seen or expected from a Transformers series before."

Well....discuss. This craps all over my childhood.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33164

Well....discuss. This craps all over my childhood.
Funny thing is, that is nothing new. The original comics featured the Neo-Knights and "evil humans" like Joey Slick and the Mechanic quiet frequently. The original show had Dr. Archaville (Arch-villain), Snake (who was actually Cobra Commander), Mr Drath, The Nebulons (who were "human"), Abdul Fakkhati, and a few humanoid aliens as recurring villains. Beast Wars and Beast Machines are the only two shows thus far that have lacked humans (besides human ancestors) as both heroes and villains.

The worst if it is the art style....

scan_05.jpg

Oh Dear God :csad:

The worst if it is the art style....

scan_05.jpg

Oh Dear God :csad:

Seriously though, WTF is that???

Cant someone tell me what exactly is going on with transformers these days? Just no care is being taken into these characters anymore.

Funny thing is, that is nothing new. The original comics featured the Neo-Knights and "evil humans" like Joey Slick and the Mechanic quiet frequently. The original show had Dr. Archaville (Arch-villain), Snake (who was actually Cobra Commander), Mr Drath, The Nebulons (who were "human"), Abdul Fakkhati, and a few humanoid aliens as recurring villains. Beast Wars and Beast Machines are the only two shows thus far that have lacked humans (besides human ancestors) as both heroes and villains.

don't forget Circuit Breaker and Lord Chumley.

I'm not going to be watching this show when it comes out.

Animation has gotten so damn cheap and lazy these days. :whatever:

Why must they ruin everything with the crappy animation they use these days?

I know, I wish we would get another good show like we did back in the day.
Actually to be honest, animation has gotten better. I mean the original TF show shipped the animation out to Korean animators and we'd continually get stuff like this.

However I will say that the best stuff we've ever gotten hands down in Beast Wars and Beast Machines which was all CGI. Now that stuff should've been continued. I was never sure why they abandoned that type of animation.

Because the Japanese were late to the game with CG animation.

Because the Japanese were late to the game with CG animation.
Yeah but there aren't a lot of cartoons in america being animated that way now (actually to be fair all that CGI stuff came from Canada -- which may explain why we don't see it as much, it's quiet possible they've abandoned using Canadian animators).

Acutally most of the animation you watch these days is CG. Just 2D not 3D. Cell shaded 2D is much quicker to animate (and therefore cheaper) than 3D. Not requiring the massive amounts of rendering and processing.

Acutally most of the animation you watch these days is CG. Just 2D not 3D. Cell shaded 2D is much quicker to animate (and therefore cheaper) than 3D. Not requiring the massive amounts of rendering and processing.
Ah.

Ooh, Optimus has sideburns and a goatee!

Well, artwork aside, I'm gonna watch the first episode before passing judgment on the quality of the story.

I think what they're doing is emulating what the Teen Titans have become.

Less Decepticons? Who was smoking what when that got passed?

Also, the art is hideous. It might work for Teen Titans or similar, but not for what Transformers should be. I don't think many of the fans of the original will be able to stomach sitting through that. Looks like this one is strictly for the kids.

Actually to be honest, animation has gotten better. I mean the original TF show shipped the animation out to Korean animators and we'd continually get stuff like this.

However I will say that the best stuff we've ever gotten hands down in Beast Wars and Beast Machines which was all CGI. Now that stuff should've been continued. I was never sure why they abandoned that type of animation.

The animation was questionable at times, but then they were just well designed characters dealing with bad animation. The new character designs are unwatchable no matter how they'll be animated.

The animation was questionable at times, but then they were just well designed characters dealing with bad animation. The new character designs are unwatchable no matter how they'll be animated.
Incorrect. The story is what will make or break this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"