Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What republican propaganda are you referring to? Supporting the military is not a republican cause. I've known democrats, republicans, and independent registered voters who have always shown favor towards the military. Also, viewing Barack Obama as an incompetent leader isn't exclusively a conservative issue. Every week at work I hear some of my co-workers saying negative stuff about the way he is handling foreign relations and the economy. A high percentage of these people are independent voters and some are even liberal. Obama's shaky approval ratings are evidence that he's lost significant voter confidence since the 2009 presidential election.
What are you talking about?

I wasn't in anyway refering to Obama as this isn't a polictical thread. And I'm not a domocrat or Repulican, I'm a regestered Independent. I only vote for the Democrats because they aren't quite as incompetent as the Republicans and they are a quite a bit less racist.

Also Obama isn't anywhere near as incompetent as Bush. He had a huge part in destroying the economy and he started two wars for oil and some other reasons I'm sure. Yeah, sorry Obama hasn't fixed 8 years of damage in 10 months.:whatever: At the end of the day I'm not going to be the spokeperson for Obama. I'm going to be fair and give him atleast 2 years to try to help fix something. I never expected Obama to save the universe and I expected that, like all politicians, that he was lying about alot of the things that he was going to do when he got in office. No huge surprise there.

I'm not going to get into why the movie was Republican propaganda right now. I never said supporting the troops was republican propaganda so you can shove that s**tty Republican response in the trash.

I'm still voting for him in 2012. Anybody but a Republican is my mantra. :up:

Thats the last time I'm talking about politics in this thread because this is a thread about a bad movie. Please don't respond to this post because I'm not going to respond to a follow-up.

What are you talking about?

What I am talking about is every time I see someone complain about Transformers 2's so-called republican agenda I typically hear things like "Bay goes out of his way to make the military look good" or "Bay made Obama look like a weak leader". Of course the later assertion has been proven to be 100% correct by most polls. After hearing the same boring partisan diatribes made over and over again I don't see any reason why I should have expected to hear anything new and inciteful from you or anyone else who hates republicans.

I wasn't in anyway refering to Obama as this isn't a polictical thread.

Interesting yet you still felt compelled to make a political statement.

And I'm not a domocrat or Repulican, I'm a regestered Independent. I only vote for the Democrats because they aren't quite as incompetent as the Republicans and they are a quite a bit less racist.

Well, I'm not a democrat or republican either. I'm a registered independent who is moderately conservative. Unlike you I don't arbitrarily vote for some candidate simply because I hate the other political party. Both parties are incompetent, take advantage of voters, and have a history of racist candidates. If you want to get rid of corruption in politics you're doing a horrible job of accomplishing this by voting for the candidates of a major party that don't give a rats ass about american citizens.

Also Obama isn't anywhere near as incompetent as Bush.

Maybe not yet. Just give him another 6 six months. I've never seen an american president's approval rating drop this rapidly in such a brief period during my lifetime. I was too young to remember Jimmy Carter's disastrous administration but, was told that even his approval rating was not this low at this juncture.

He had a huge part in destroying the economy

I partially agree with this. However, the seeds for the eventual mortgage disaster were planted in the mid 90s when companies such as Fannie Mae and Freedie Mac started to give mortgages to people lacking the resources to afford homes. Of course the Bush administration made this problem worst but, let's have a little perspective about when the problem really started. The mortgage economic bubble burst was inevitable. Bush just happened to be the one in power during the time it happened. What nobody seems to remember is the democrats took control of both houses in 2006 and Bush was a lame duck president for the final two years of his administration.

and he started two wars for oil

WTH? Two wars for oil eh. I never knew afghanistan was one of the worlds leading oil producing countries. I thought it was basically a barren wasteland of mountains and poppy fields where the primary export was heroine. I guess you learn something new every day.

As for Iraq if what you are suggesting was true then why didn't the US tap into Iraq's vast resources of oil when the Bush administration was in power. They had plenty of time to do this and it would have greatly reduced the price of gasoline while helping Bush's horrible approval ratings.

and some other reasons I'm sure

Yes. None of these reasons could be the result of afghanistan attacking us on 9-11, Saddam Hussien violating around 20 UN resolutions, and Iraq at the very least trying to aquire WMD's from North Korea.

Yeah, sorry Obama hasn't fixed 8 years of damage in 10 months.:whatever:

No kidding. Maybe he shouldn't have made ridiculous promises about how quickly the economy would turn around. The promise that unemployment wouldn't continue to rise. The promise that the stimulus bill would immediately help out the economy. The promise to take over and change healthcare even though around 85% of americans are satisfied with it.

Of course there are some positive things you can do during a recession. One thing that usually works is lowering taxes thereby, giving people an incentive to spend more more. Clinton inherited the George Bush senior recession and it took the economy a while to recover but, in the mid to late 90s the economy kicked into high gear because of Bill agreeing to the capital gains tax cuts.

The rumours I keep hearing about Obama's administration wanting to raise taxes(Capital gains tax, Sales tax, property tax) during this recession makes zero sense economically. I haven't been hurt financially like some of my friends, co-workers, and acquaintances but, if these rumors turn out to be true I will save all the money I can and spend the rest on necessities.

At the end of the day I'm not going to be the spokeperson for Obama. I'm going to be fair and give him atleast 2 years to try to help fix something. I never expected Obama to save the universe and I expected that, like all politicians, that he was lying about alot of the things that he was going to do when he got in office. No huge surprise there.

So you suspected that Obama is basically the generic politician who only really cares about 51% of the vote and you voted for him?

I'm not going to get into why the movie was Republican propaganda right now.

The typical response I always get when someone makes these ridiculous claims about Michael Bay films. Out of the Bay movies I have seen(Bad Boys 1/2, Pearl Harbor, The Rock, Transformers 1/2, and Armageddon) I don't remember any of them having a republican agenda.

I never said supporting the troops was republican propaganda so you can shove that s**tty Republican response in the trash.

You really need to calm down and stop being so hypersensitive when you believe someone misinterpret's one of your comments. I don't have a photographic memory but, I've heard you talk about being annoyed with Michael Bay's positive portrayal of the military in his films on more than one occasion. It was quite reasonable for me to speculate and make the assertion about what you perceived as republican agenda.

Your confrontational response also suggests that you may view everyone who disagrees with your political stances as either republicans or right wing nuts. It's quite clear that you have an agenda against people on the right and I don't see how this attitude is going to accomplish anything when the problem with politics is there are only two major parties in America.

I'm still voting for him in 2012.

That's fine. It's your freedom to help continue the cycle of corruptive politics with a two party system. Of course that statement begs the question as to how you view yourself as an independent if you're going to blindly vote for a democrat even though there will be independent political candidates running against Obama.

Anybody but a Republican is my mantra. :up:

Mine is anybody who isn't overwhelmingly corrupt. Obama's controversial relationships with racists, marxists, a terrorist, and being a politician in one of the most corrupt cities in America made it impossible for me to trust him.

I didn't vote for McCain in case you were wondering. I'm not telling you who I voted for or who I will vote for in 2012 because it's meaningless to people who think like you. What I can confirm is I won't be voting for a candidate of the two major parties of America just like the last time.

Thats the last time I'm talking about politics in this thread because this is a thread about a bad movie.

There should never have been a first time when politics were mentioned in here.

Please don't respond to this post because I'm not going to respond to a follow-up.

I make no apologies for responding to unnecessary political diatribes asserted in the nonpolitical threads. No offense if you don't respond and I can assure you I won't be making any more responses to your diatribes in any threads ever again.

So-so is positive. So you can't put it in with the negative category. If it's so-so, how would that impact the market of the next film? They'd go see it to see if it's better.

Really? I always thought so-so had a negative connotation because it doesn't motivate people to commit to something. Seriously, when was the last time you got excited to watch a sporting event, movie, or television event you believed could end up being mediocre?

I guess theoretically a mediocre film in a franchise could motivate some people to see the sequel if expectations are dramatically lowered but, I doubt the majority of the average joe thinks like this.

majority of people thought it was an "awesome" movie, so of course alot of people are gonna see the next movie... but its not gonna earn so much... kinda like Pirates of Carribean 3

Those same people who thought this movie was awesome are probably the kind of people who think films like The Big Lebowski are trash.

Too bad u cant see who are the people who voted Awesome... lol ;)

Theweepeople, I see Spidey, please take your discussion to a DIFFERENT THREAD. We are NOT here to talk about politics. We are here to talk about Transformers.

TRANSFORMERS ARE COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA!!!

:hehe: i kid i kid

Those same people who thought this movie was awesome are probably the kind of people who think films like The Big Lebowski are trash.

Stop generalising. I think ROTF is awesome and I also like The Big Lebowski. You can't pigeon hole people like that. We all like a variety of different things for different reasons.

Last edited:
<--- Never saw The Big Lebowski.

Just because people have a different opinion, it doesn't make them stupid. But it doesn't give them to be jackasses, either.

spiderbyte, are you a moderator? not being a dick or anything, just curious. you dont usually see people step up and call people out for being out of line...at least not without crossing that line themselves.

would everyone have been happier if it ended like this?

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEdZ-yjxHLI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEdZ-yjxHLI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

i know lol...HISHE is always gold. i especially like their Beowolf video and the Terminator/back to the future video.

To all Batman fans who wet their pants in fear: In fear of TF might surpass TDK one day, well just you wait till TF3. Bats better get his gear up and they had better have another actor to be the next christmas turkey this time, maybe they'll make 3billion in box office or something?
It doesn't sound good does it?
Of course it doesn't, but why all the bad mouthing about TF? And why does all the bad mouths come from Batman fans? Shame on you!
TF is probably one of the greatest movies of our time, practically every one in the world would want a robot pet/friend. Just becuase TF is making good in box office doesn't give any fanboys the right to say bad things about it. I didn't complain when TIH didn't make good in the box office, just take the movie for what it is! TDK is a good movie, no need to bad mouth other movies just to make a point.

To all Batman fans who wet their pants in fear: In fear of TF might surpass TDK one day, well just you wait till TF3. Bats better get his gear up and they had better have another actor to be the next christmas turkey this time, maybe they'll make 3billion in box office or something?
It doesn't sound good does it?
Of course it doesn't, but why all the bad mouthing about TF? And why does all the bad mouths come from Batman fans? Shame on you!
TF is probably one of the greatest movies of our time, practically every one in the world would want a robot pet/friend. Just becuase TF is making good in box office doesn't give any fanboys the right to say bad things about it. I didn't complain when TIH didn't make good in the box office, just take the movie for what it is! TDK is a good movie, no need to bad mouth other movies just to make a point.

I' am not sure were to begin with this, the sweeping generalisation that everyone who dislikes the movie is some crazed Batman fan who is jealous of TF2 success. Or maybe, God forbid anyone dislike the movie becuase it's an illogical mess, with dreadful humor and a philimsical excuse of a narrative and for this being one of the greatest movies of our time. Please ten or fifteen years from now the movies going to be a bad taste in peoples mouths.

I' am not sure were to begin with this, the sweeping generalisation that everyone who dislikes the movie is some crazed Batman fan who is jealous of TF2 success. Or maybe, God forbid anyone dislike the movie becuase it's an illogical mess, with dreadful humor and a philimsical excuse of a narrative and for this being one of the greatest movies of our time. Please ten or fifteen years from now the movies going to be a bad taste in peoples mouths.

i felt compelled to respond to hulksters rant at first too Niteowl... but realized that is was most likely meant just to upset people. either that, or the person REALLY IS that simple minded and judgmental. Also, i was afraid that if i allowed my mind to stay focused on that mess of a rant that my mind would explode like a grape in a microwave.

would everyone have been happier if it ended like this?

[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEdZ-yjxHLI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEdZ-yjxHLI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

I loved ROTF but god damn that was funny!

You don't have to wait just look back at this very threads pages to answer your question.

People are through explaining how bad this movie was. It grows tiring after a while giving reasons as to how bad this movie was. The CGI is the only aspect of this movie that is worthwhile. Everything else is just an incoherent snore fest which was stretched unnecessarily for 2 hours plus.

Because half the people don't realize the kind of artistic damage a film like ROTF has done to the industry. Film's used to be about the art, not the money. People like Nolan, Fravreau, Abrams and especially Cameron are still fighting the good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"