Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by S.A.A.D., Jun 18, 2009.

?

What did you think of TF:ROTF?

1. So so

2. Good

3. Awesome

4. Bad

5. Really bad

6. So so

7. Good

8. Awesome

9. Bad

10. Really bad

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omid17 Registered

well said.

i only enjoyed the imax part cause it was my first time. Pacing was off, we only saw upgraded prime for a minutes and kicked the Fallens ass in less than 30 seconds, just glad the writers arent going to be involved with the next one

2. craigdbfan Registered

There's actually very little to be glad about when it comes to the third film.

What made the first film bearable was that Orci and Kurtzman actually came up with the story.

Whereas with ROTF, Michael Bay came up with the initial story line had Orci and Kurtzman add to the story (they could do very little with the inane story Bay had come up with) and then it went through further revisions again thanks to Mikey and new writer Ehren Kruger.

Now for the third film the only writer is Ehren Kruger with Michael Bay. I expect an equally if not worse third movie. :dry:

Orci and Kurtzman were actually the one saving grace to this franchise and now they are long gone.

3. omid17 Registered

well didn't they write Star Trek? cause the script was ****** imo, but well see how Bay does in the next one

4. craigdbfan Registered

Yes they did which is still way better than TF2. Not even comparable.

One had some sort of coherency while the other was a giblet head marathon of idiocy.

We don't have to really wait and see what Michael Bay will come up with as most of all the dumb/hated parts of ROTF were conceived by him and Kruger (the Twins, extending the college scene, prolonging the story for no reason, etc).

I would imagine that TF3 will only be more of the same crap from ROTF or worse. As it did so well in the box office why change it right (Paramount and Bays mentality) ?

Anyway at least the CGI will be top notch. As long as we get another "forest battle" type scene then I'll still watch and try not getting a migraine from the other dumb stuff.

5. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

The Trek script wasn't good but I thought it was a great deal better than both Transformers scripts. Don't get me wrong it was a fairly not good script but it was still better than both Transformers scripts. I don't want them back but I hope JJ decides to do a big re-write because I'm looking forward to the next flick.

What saved Trek were the actors performances and JJ Abrams direction. Something that Transformers didn't have. Bay is a terrible director who needs to be stopped.

As others have said, don't think Bay and Kruger weren't a big part of why ROTF was unwatchable.

For the Record:

Transformers:

5/10

Transformers 2 (as I have already posted)

1/10

I blame Bay for most of this series badness. Kurtzman and Orci aren't good either but the results speak for themselves.

#2455 I SEE SPIDEY, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  6. omid17 Registered

agreed

7. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I actually didn't believe the movie would be worse than the first one, atleast not much worse...I was wrong.

8. omid17 Registered

9. SpiderByte Registered

I think Twilight is crap.
    Harry Potter FTW!
    And TF2 for me gets a 6/10

10. Ipodman Love Tension

Transformers

7/10

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

9/10

11. [A] Registered

Bizarro world..?

12. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

Wha...?

13. SpiderByte Registered

He just likes the film. It's his opinion. Lay off.

14. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Transformers 1 I give an 8/10 on principle alone. It's ****ing Transformers.

15. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

Yeah, but a 9 out of 10? Come on man, lets be reasonable here.

16. omid17 Registered

17. SpiderByte Registered

It's his opinion. There is a REASON the majority of the votes in the poll say 'Awesome'.

18. AnorexicBatman Registered

And they are wrong. I wish this kind of response was given to movies that truly deserve it.
    Like Batman Begins, Incredible Hulk. Even Star Trek.

The above 3 movies must seem like masterpieces by comparison (BB kinda is but still not)

19. Theweepeople Registered

What republican propaganda are you referring to? Supporting the military is not a republican cause. I've known democrats, republicans, and independent registered voters who have always shown favor towards the military. Also, viewing Barack Obama as an incompetent leader isn't exclusively a conservative issue. Every week at work I hear some of my co-workers saying negative stuff about the way he is handling foreign relations and the economy. A high percentage of these people are independent voters and some are even liberal. Obama's shaky approval ratings are evidence that he's lost significant voter confidence since the 2009 presidential election.

20. Theweepeople Registered

This may be true but, overall the number of people who disliked this film is significant and could greatly hinder the box office gross of the sequel.

389 people voted for this poll. Adding the good and awesome votes together produces 221 voters who liked the film. Adding the so-so, bad, and really bad voters together equals 168 people who either disliked Transformers 2 or thought the film was mediocre.

Dividing 221 voters by 389 gives a majority percentage of 56.8% of the people who liked Transformers 2 and are excited for the sequel. That sounds like a good number but, the remaining 43.2% who didn't like the film is compelling. We've all seen what can happen to a franchise after a highly anticipated sequel disappoints. Pirates 3 made 123million less domestically than it's predecessor partially because Pirates 2 turned out to be a disappointment. None of us should be surprised if the sequel makes 50 to 100million less than Transformers 2. The sequel ticked off way too many people and the franchise is in jeoparady.

I personally thought the movie was okay and originally gave it a 7. My opinions of films rarely change significantly upon second viewings and this is no different. I was forced to change my rating to 6.5 because this film has very little replay value. I won't be buying this on DVD and I'm not excited for the sequel. I never thought I'd say this but, maybe Paramount should consider rebooting this franchise in 5 to 10 years. I still like the first film but, overall this franchise is very frustrating. I understand that transformers is one of the hardest cartoons to adapt and knew there would be deviations from source material but, a lot of the changes were made simply for the sake of change. I'm also really tired of the numerous stupid/pointless human characters in these films and the annoying humor.

What really ticked me off about Transformers 2 was the annoying transformers characters. I thought that increasing the screen time of the transformers would make a much better sequel. Unfortunately, Bay completely screwed up this idea by introducing 3 incredibly annoying and virtually pointless transformers. Overall, I was okay with Jetfire but, his role after the transportation to egypt was bizzare. What the hell was he doing during the majority of the time that mafia sounding robot, the ghetto robots, and other pointless human characters are searching for the shard of the allspark? Then he conveniently shows up at the end out of nowhere to fight.

#2470 Theweepeople, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  21. omid17 Registered

:up:

it's like they half-assed it , did very nice on the cgi but everything else was done poorly

22. Ipodman Love Tension

I give Batman Begins and Incredible Hulk 10/10 :woot:
    I havent seen Star Trek yet....

23. Jake Cassidy Registered

So, because people have a different opinion to yours, they're wrong. :whatever:

BB and Trek get a yell of a lot of praise on these boards. TIH is, generally, well liked too.

24. AnorexicBatman Registered

I'm talking about the earned revenue both domestic and international. None of those movies made as much as Transformers 2. They should have as they are much better.

25. Ipodman Love Tension

Well, both TIH and BB were pulled downed by previous films in the franchise... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.