Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. Bay re-used some of the scenes from the first movie.

By the way, the combat (yes, combat) scenes between the Robots is so so, so good. It only needed one more to make it a 4 hit combo for the crowd to get on their feet, but I was close to it anyway :hehe:

I'd have to disagree here. Too many closeups and fast pans.

is this true

There are two robots in the film called Mudflap and Skids, and despite being red and green, respectively, they are voiced in a way that clearly designates them to be the “black” robots. Also, Skids has a gold front tooth (no, I’m serious) and both cannot read.

is this true

There are two robots in the film called Mudflap and Skids, and despite being red and green, respectively, they are voiced in a way that clearly designates them to be the “black” robots. Also, Skids has a gold front tooth (no, I’m serious) and both cannot read.

All true.

I'd have to disagree here. Too many closeups and fast pans.

The close-ups was a complaint in the first movie because you couldn't easily distinguish between some of them. That is no longer an issue in this film, the close-ups weren't that close, I'd say they covered 3/4 of their entire frame.

I think filming the fight sequences with a bit more distance could have possibly led to the same problem in confusing between the characters

is this true

They provide the laughter in the movie and I thought they were very enjoyable, and more believable than Mikaela!

The close-ups was a complaint in the first movie because you couldn't easily distinguish between some of them. That is no longer an issue in this film, the close-ups weren't that close, I'd say they covered 3/4 of their entire frame.

I think filming the fight sequences with a bit more distance could have possibly led to the same problem in confusing between the characters

Nothing to do with distinguishing characters, it was just bad filming.

So is Prime one of the Primes? A descendant? And if he is any of that, shouldnt Megatron be something similar? He is his brother and former co-ruler of Cybertron after all...

Hehehe all these sound good to me. But i honestly expected the Fallen to be more imposing than Megs. Surely Megs will always be the main villain, the one that will always stand against the autobots, but when the Devil of the TF lore comes to Earth, i expect him to be more than a big skinny locust that is taken down easier than Megatron. Ahh... i really should stop whining. You guys probably hate me by now!

Trust me, your not as bad as luca.

Trust me, your not as bad as luca.
I whine because i like the concept but want a better execution than what i hear from the guys that saw it.
Luca on the other hand just hates the whole thing and whines about everything that isnt G1.

I whine because i like the concept but want a better execution than what i hear from the guys that saw it.
Luca on the other hand just hates the whole thing and whines about everything that isnt G1.

Very true.

Um, no, not really, but that's probably because I decided to accept it as pretty much a comedy. It isn't darker. The humor does detract from the "epicness" of it all.
Ugh, that is what I was afraid of. Im really starting to doubt this movie

does Sam's parents know about the transformers? I take it they do from that clip that's posted on the front page...

Shivsguy616,you said you pretty much liked the movie but also said that you voted for the bad option on the poll. So which one is it?

To those who have seen it, what were the crowds like? Do you get a sense the WOM will be a little weaker or just as strong from the general audiences when compared to the 1st film? Be honest, I know this film has a fair share of flaws. You may love it, but are there instances where you can see people put off by it's length, crude humor, etc?

To those who have seen it, what were the crowds like? Do you get a sense the WOM will be a little weaker or just as strong from the general audiences when compared to the 1st film? Be honest, I know this film has a fair share of flaws. You may love it, but are there instances where you can see people put off by it's length, crude humor, etc?

the audience I saw it with loved every minute of it. The general consensus was that is was awesome. Everyone laughed at the jokes, everyone loved the twins and all the guys loved Megan Fox and that bike and "strip" scene. In my opinion this film will make a lot more than the first one.

I thought it was OK. A standard Bay blockbuster movie. The Fallen was pretty lame IMO and i kinda thought the twins were annoying. I would have liked to see Ironhide and Rachet a bit more, in fact Rachet was hardly in it...did he even speak?
Overall a solid 3 out of 5 for me.

I don't wanna troll as I haven't seen the film yet, but after reading the plot recap on the Wiki, it does seem worse than the first at least as far as the plot goes.

I don't wanna troll as I haven't seen the film yet, but after reading the plot recap on the Wiki, it does seem worse than the first at least as far as the plot goes.

The plot isn't really any different except this time you get the added benefit of seeing and hearing the Decepticons planning out the events instead of the humans/Autobots telling you what the Decepticons are planning. It worked far better.

Questions:

Do we find out who saves Sam's parents?
Is Sam the only human to have a Transformer "come home" with them?

Yes.... and no

The two showings I went to were packed.

I agree. Way better this time around. You can see what's on pretty clear.

''I'll take your face''-Prime. Love that part.

Shivsguy616,you said you pretty much liked the movie but also said that you voted for the bad option on the poll. So which one is it?

Well, bad films can have their enjoyable bits. Overall I think this is a "bad" film. Transformers is something where the action has to be top notch, aswell as the acting and humour, just to tip the balance. The first film managed it. I don't think this one did.

Lol, on a side note, I just went on bebo. One of my friends had changed his saying to "transformers...what a let down".

That's the honest general concensus from around here. I assume the "awesome" votes are from transformers fans, as opposed to general viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"