Transformers The Game!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by The Guardian, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Nathan Registered

The Armada game is definitely better than the Movie game. I beat the Armada game at least 3-4 times. The Movie game only once, and I don't feel like waisting another day on it.

2. shigsy2003 I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Well Transformers the Game came today and I just had a 7hr 44min play through in one go :D
    I completed all the Autobot missions and am on the Megatron mission of drawing Prime out.

My review:
    Okay so playing as Transformers in fun no question. But how fun is it in this game?????

Well very fun and very frustrating. In robot mode crashing around the surprsingly detailed locations is great fun. The camera shakes as you move, the ground crumbles under your powerful stomps and each character moves perfectly. You feel like you are in control of a powerful Cybertronian...err...Cybertronian. Transforming is quick and simple with a push of UP on the D-Pad (Wii version) and this is where things get frustrating. The driving mechanics in this game are far from good. Bumblebee ('77 Camero) controls like elephant stuck in tar....and hitting anything remotely solid sends you spinning wildely. This is extremely frustrating in his chasing Barricade missions or even worse the Destroy the Cooling fans mission. Jazz on the other hand is far too lose, it brought back memories of playing an earyl V-Rally game. Blow on the control stick and it sends him wild. Still at least Jazz is fast. Ironhide is proberly the best one overall. HE is strong, fast and in car mode controls just about right. Prime...well in robot mode there is no Transformer more fun to be, he even jumps the same as he did in the movie. Controlling his truck mode is less than fun but better than Bumblebee.
    The Autobot missions range from fun to irritating...fun would be the Jazz destruction mission and Prime's missions. Irritating would be Bumblebee's Sector 7 missions.

The Decepticon's are...dare I say it much more fun to play as. Not only because most of their missions consist of destroying everything...limiting the horrible chase sections but the range of vehicles is far superior. Blackout an awesome helicopter, my personal favourite Starscream a nimble jet and Megatron a Cybertronian Jet. Then you get Barricade who carries with him the Autobot Matrix of Frustration and Scorponok whose first mission took me ages to work out but he is a fun little character....it is just annoying when he delves into the sand himself. All the flying Decepticons fly brilliantly and Starscream is just superb.

Graphics:
    Very detailed environments, you have the Soccent base in deserty Qatar and then the standard city as well as a few other character specific locales. The character models however are nice from a distance but manage to get your character to face the camera close up and you enter low-resville...not a pretty sight. There are nice explosions and efect and eveything feels meaty.

Sound:
    Excellent, people scream in fear of you, sirens, tanks, explosions, your own weapons...everything sounds right....including the sound of robots' parts moving as they move. Also the Transformations all sound excellent.

Gameplay:
    Repetitive...some missions go on far too long and this is mostly the Autobot's missions...saying that though the stupid Megatron drawing out Prime level is frustrating as hell and goes on for ever.

Overal:
    A very fun game worthy the purchase of any Transformers fan. Your fingers will hurt...you will be brought close to tears by the end of it but one thing will remain...you had fun.

Transform and Roll out.

3. Obi-John-Kenobi A black-ass Batman

Hm. Well, I'll definately give it a try then. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

4. Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    The game is pretty sweet, although I do agree it can be frustrating. I'll tell you that if you're a completionist then you're going to get very frustrated. However, I wouldn't say I am necessarily, only for games I'm crazy about, but as I got through some chapters (missions as they call it) I got hooked. So I did actually complete the game 100%. Let me say that it is pretty fun, but it will be most enjoyable if you play for the story rather than the 100%. Although it does feel nice to have it all done. I do feel that I was a bit more focused on completing everything rather than the in-game story, so I am going to go back and replay the missions. Oh and that is another awesome thing about the game. Free roaming environment and replayable at anytime missions. All in all the game is great, and a must have for die hard Transformers fans. It is most definitely worth checking out.

For anyone who has the game and is having any trouble let me know. Just PM me and I'll get to ya. You can really ask anything about it, even location of Energon Cubes, I may not be able to tell you where the one your missing is, but I can tell you where some of the dirtiest hiding places they may be in.

5. dancing_on_fire Registered

do u have to finish the campaign to be able to switch between autobots or decepticons in any of the levels? cause i want to drive around free roam with jazz in level 2 and i cant and i finished the level, i just want to have some fun with him without the hassle of police or entering the missions:(

6. Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    You do not have to finish a campaign to switch between the Autobots and Decepticons, although i don't know if you'll be able to free roam with Jazz after you've already finished/started a campaign with him. That is also something that gripes me, after I completed the game I went back to see if after I replay a chapter with a certain character, if I'd be able to free roam with them, and I haven't been able to so far. So that is a downer.

7. TheGary Registered

I need help! I'm Bumblebee and I'm on the level where you have to survive for 3 minutes while the AllSpark Cube shrinks. I got about a minute through and then Megatron woke up and started shooting me. I die quickly after that. Is there any way to avoid dying in this level?

8. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Yeah.... Don't get hit!

Seriously i've not hit that bit yet (My brothers took over the game a day after i bought it and i've yet to get it back :pO'd:

9. dancing_on_fire Registered

keep killing the spiders for health and shoot the cylinders on the wall around megatron as soon as own is damaged it takes out megs temporarily which is wat i did, get close to him and dont stand in one spot keep moving

10. ive been playing the game for few days and i have to say that while it isnt perfect, it IS better than the movie where all the transformers were hidden... why make movie about robots if not show the robots very clearly?

and about the game: Is there away to get to play with Starscream more than just in that one mission? i really would like to rip some downtown sky with Strascream which is the best of them all IMO

11. TheGary Registered

Okay. Thanks. That helped a lot. Now I need help with Ironhide's mission. I'm against Brawl. I got his bar empty 3 times, but then there's a drone that charges at me and knocks me out of the area circle. How do I hurt him? Whenever he's not moving, he has a shield up.

12. cundog Registered

i did it by just waiting for the drone to stop and then went and melee attacked it

13. dancing_on_fire Registered

throw police cars at him, thats pretty much wat i had to do

14. TheGary Registered

Wow. I ended up doing it different than both of you. I just shot repetedly at him so he'd put his shield up and stop, and then I got close to him and attacked him. That seemed to work pretty well.

And YAY! I beat the Autobots side! Megatron was actually really easy. I thought he'd be more of a challenge.

15. roach I am the night

ok so I get the game on PSP and play a level before going to bed. I hear the Megatron voice and I think to myself that has to be the worst voice they could have gotten. I go to the credits to see who the other Transformers in the game are...it boasts up to 20 robots. Megatron in the game is voiced by Frank Welker..maybe Bay knew what he was doing not casting him.

16. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Welker's voice would have been really bad for the movie...too bad:csad:

17. nite-owl Registered

So I'm Jazz and I'm wondering how do you beat Blackout and Starscream at the same time?

18. Cth Registered

Just keep on the move.. be sure to pick up as many health pickups as you can.

You can try going toe to toe, just be sure to use block. It only works one on one though. If they get a good hit in, head out of there and get more health.

The trick is to take them down one at a time.

19. cundog Registered

^ yeah, that's how i did it...tried to split them up and take them out one at a time.

20. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Ugh, I gave up on this game along time ago.
    Halo 3 is now in my sight.

21. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

Transformers Game is awesome, and easy, too.
    and I never played Armada.
    can anyone tell me how it is?

22. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

I remember not liking it all that much.

23. greenknight Registered

Yeah, I didn`t like it either because the boss fights were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to hard.

greenknight.

24. DuplicateDude2 Registered

Ok, quick question to all you in the Uk.

Have any of you been able to rent the game from a Blockbuster??

I've been into three seperate stores at not one of them have it. The week it first came out i asked when they'd get it and was told "oh, we're having a problem with our suppliers". So i just want to know if anyone else has had that problem. If no Blockbuster has it then i can end my search and go onto wasting my time with something else.

I would buy it straight out but from some of the reviews i've read here most people feel its more of a renter than a buyer.

Cheers guys

25. DuplicateDude2 Registered

Sooooooo, no one?