Transformers The Game!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by The Guardian, Mar 1, 2007.

1. nosebleed. Registered

okay...care to share which poster it is?

2. Grievous General of the Droid Army

the eye over the earth.

3. SpideyZERO Registered

The pictures on page 4 is from PS2? It looks awesome!

4. nosebleed. Registered

that...really...sucks.

5. blind_fury Registered

Hey Bumblebee! Put some pants on dude. :woot:

6. Grievous General of the Droid Army

yeah but it is better to have a Transformers poster then to not have one at all

7. Storm22 Registered

Can't wait to see how the game looks on the 360 if those screencaps are from PS2!

8. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

If the beta version shown at the London Expo over the weekend is anything to go by (They used a 360) then it's gonna be f**king beautiful

9. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

there's a new video up on the game site of Cullen talking about voicing Optimus Prime along with some footage from the game.

www.transformersgame.com

10. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Damn Cullens a great guy, a real fan pleaser :up:

11. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Is that video available to DL anywhere Dorky?

12. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

not that i know of. that's the only place i've seen it.

13. Overman27pj Registered

This game still looks like junk to me...Hopefully they have a free demo for download to try it out...

14. millennium movies Registered

Of course there will be a demo, unless they are really stupid/cocky. Im liking what i see, but im sure those are not in-game graphics. It's the usual bull**** they feed us CGI footage and pretend its in-game when in fact it's nowhere near this detailed. The trailer for the game left me hanging, i hope in time they will prove me wrong.

15. TigerClaw Mutant Tiger

16. millennium movies Registered

That damn blurry style is really cheap and crappy, when will they quit doing that?

17. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yea i noticed that too...

18. millennium movies Registered

In the trailer of the game they show non-blurred and blurry in-game footage. It looks so much better without that horribly cheap blur. Look of next-gen my ass. It's like they got lazy and they blur the game just to hide their half-assed CG work.

19. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yea true....... ultraviolet lol.

20. millennium movies Registered

UGH...:wow: :dry:

21. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

i've noticed that they used blurs quite a lot but you better get used to it because more and more video games will incorporate motion blurs and distance blurs now that the technology is capable of doing so. if in-game blurs were capable 10 years ago they would've done it then.

like i said, they definitely used blurs in this game but that doesn't necessarily make it cheap or crappy. in fact, blurs make everything look more realistic...it's easier on the eyes. wave your hand as far as you can in front of your face....you'll see that your hand doesn't look clear, it looks blurry. our eyes, along with cameras and video recorders, see blurs all the time...it's only now, with the next gen systems, that they're able to REALLY simulate realistic blur effects. sorry that you don't like blurs, but i welcome them as long as they don't go overboard because they make everything look believable.

another thing about the video that i realized is that it's not really the BLURS that make the game look bad...it's the video. between making and uploading the video, someone must've darkened or compressed it because there are parts of the video with in-game footage that looks GREAT and parts of the game where the in-game footage looks like CRAP. for instance, compare the first shot of Prime (yuck!) with the mid-video close-up of Bumblebee (wow!). most of the footage looks pretty decent imo...and the parts that DO look like crap look like it's because of a video problem. hopefully it'll look great on a real tv.

edit: coincidently.....the name of the 3d production house that is doing the rendered cinematics for the game (not the actual game itself) is named "Blur Studio" hehe.

22. millennium movies Registered

I think you got the wrong point, lol. Damn you wrote quite alot there! :wow:
    What i meant to say is in the trailer for the game sometimes the in-game footage was blurry, and some wasn't, i found the non blurry version to be so much better looking. I wasn't talking about effects to show speed and such. Just pure blurring for the **** of it, cause they think it looks "nice" and "next-gen". To me it just makes it look like they got something to hide, covering up their mistakes, lol. All in all i hope the game is sharp and well rendered, non of that blur in uneeded parts.

PS: How's your drawing coming along? Im so eager to see it, even more so than actualy movie pictures. Perhaps an update? :woot: :wow:

23. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

oh okay...i gotcha. i agree....too much blur CAN make a game look crappy, like there's something they're hiding (like you said) but like i said, i'm pretty sure it's a problem with the actual video than the game itself. i'm sure the game will look far better when it's actually played.....most games do. seeing something on tv is always different than seeing it on a computer...

...my drawing is coming along.....hehe. i'm still working on the lines, but i'm not used to drawing straight lines with a tablet (digital pen) but once i get done with the line art the fun begins (coloring). i'm gonna try to have it done before 7-3-7. thanks for the compliments, mm...nosebleed posted the latest update in the fanart thread. i'll definitely be working on it over the weekend....

24. millennium movies Registered

I saw it it's really great artwork! I saw the first sketch, then the more refined and finaly came a inked version your currently working on. Amazing process, i love to see work in progress, so please post some more! Is there any chance you could make this into widescreen artwork?

25. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

tis true...UV did the same thing for the same reason:cwink: