Trends or other things that need to go away

But it wasn't Joker's fault it was his father's! He's just a dog chasing cars :argh:

:hoboj:

I feel like this thread will become a haven for grumpy old dudes.

Sagging pants
Hashtags
Hipsters
Constant updates on social media. I guess it's fine if you're doing something real special like on a family vacation, eating at a restaurant you'd go to once a year, something like that, but posting a big mac is not an update anyone cares about!
Movies that need gritty realistic reboots
Twerking

Thinking your an expert on a culture due to your ancestry.

Why don't you go away? :o

That said,

EDM (as a mainstream radio genre)
Selfies (Dolex already said this, but it needs to be said repeatedly)
"Tweens"- just, no. :dry:

This. The term "EDM" is now synonymous in the electronic DJ community as crap music. So much of this Big Room Electro and I swear every freaking song sounds almost identical. All these idiot kids spending hundreds of dollars to go to "festivals" that in no way represent what rave culture was about or like back in the 90's and early 00's. I still remember when Eminem said "Nobody listens to techno" and it was hilarious when DJs turned it into a dance song but now over-saturation is doing more damage than good with the stuff I love

Taylor Swift's Shake It Off and all of the other generic pop songs that sound the same just need to go away.

I concur but sadly the music industry is fueled by 14 year old girls with tons of disposable income. The only way to combat crappy music is to legitimately buy good music and encourage your friends to do the same

Superheroes movies, too much of them already !

/moonwalking out of the thread.

I'm all about donating to charity, but I don't care for people who partake for their own selfpromotion.

"I walked to end Juvenile Diabetes. Look I have a t-shirt, a waterbottle, a bumper sticker, a pen and a lite lunch to prove that I did."

"Couldn't you have just donated the money without doing the walk?"

"But then I wouldn't have gotten all this stuff."

"How much money actually went toward Juvenile Diabetes Research?"

"I don't know?"

"Couldn't they have used the money that paid for the t-shirt, waterbottle, bumper sticker, lite lunch, pen, advertising and such and just have donated that to the JDF?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

bat.gif

I feel like this thread will become a haven for grumpy old dudes.

Grumpy old dudes that rale about how gritty fantasy is ruining their genre, or making them feel uncomfortable, need to go away.

Grumpy old dudes that rale about how gritty fantasy is ruining their genre, or making them feel uncomfortable, need to go away.

Yes. All told, the trends of people caring about what other people wear, complaining about the latest social media fads, and getting pissed that people make changes to media they like all need to end.

Dressing like you're a member of Mumford and Sons. This trend bothers me because I keep thinking I've stumbled across a time traveller.

Low waste* pants. I need pants to cover the whole arse all the time, not going down while bending or sitting.

*Intentional

Moral decay. :o

Spider-Aziz vociferously pleading to not be nominated for a Deathmatch, only to be nominated for a Deathmatch. :oldrazz:

Amateur online film critics, mostly text based.

Throwing around lingo like "pacing" and "character development" doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Throwing around lingo like "pacing" and "character development" doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

This. So much this. I visited the American Hustle boards in RT and there was one guy that was like, "The movie was so boring. Where was the character development?" Dude, the filmmakers don't tick things out of a list of what is going to be included in the film.

Character X, Y and Z will be the only ones that will be developed.

We'll only know a few things about character A.

The tone of the film will be fun and comedic, but there are going to be 2 serious scene that will last 2 minutes exactly.

FILMMAKING DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

Commericials that try to be deep and thought provoking, when their products are completely irrelevant.

It's a goddamn mother****ing car.

The tiring habit of calling a TV show (fill in the blank____) as the greatest show ever, realistically that's impossible because there will always be an infinite amount of newer shows coming out.

The brain dead craze of bombing a live camera link and shouting '**** her right in the *****!'

That was chuckle worthy the first time the old guy did it, but seeing just about every live segment with a crowd getting bombed by it.... It's just lost any and all humour now and I'm waiting for the first **** to do it and get KO'd by the reporter.

Blogs - not everyone can write
People that think they can create their own website
Going viral - please stop this already
hash tags
twitter
apps - useless ones
Everyone thinking they can be a personal trainer
Everyone thinking they're a martial artist because they watch MMA/UFC

The brain dead craze of bombing a live camera link and shouting '**** her right in the *****!'

That was chuckle worthy the first time the old guy did it, but seeing just about every live segment with a crowd getting bombed by it.... It's just lost any and all humour now and I'm waiting for the first **** to do it and get KO'd by the reporter.

Agreed. I haven't seen that many of these though. Maybe about 6.

Blogs - not everyone can write
People that think they can create their own website
Going viral - please stop this already
hash tags
twitter
apps - useless ones
Everyone thinking they can be a personal trainer
Everyone thinking they're a martial artist because they watch MMA/UFC

I'd rebuttal most of these, but I just can't tell how tongue-in-cheek you're being.

So most people should keep their thoughts to themselves and leave film analysis to experts like yourself?

Oh my God. So much grumpy get-off-my-lawn talk in this thread. Holy **** you guys, low waist pants aren't hurting anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"