Trends or other things that need to go away

Oh my God. So much grumpy get-off-my-lawn talk in this thread. Holy **** you guys, low waist pants aren't hurting anybody.
Would you believe I'm talking about the regular pants, and not the ones considered low waste?
I love pants, but how hard would it be to add the length of one belt or two?

Back in my day we wore belts and liked it!! :argh:
Even with the belt tightly buckled, the pants go uncontrollably lower, and part of the wearer's bottom shows.
Not a pleasant sight, even less when someone in a mall or on the streets, needs to bend to tie the shoe lace suddenly untied, and others see it.

I'm quite fond of suspenders.

Just throwing that out there.

Would you believe I'm talking about the regular pants, and not the ones considered low waste?
I love pants, but how hard would it be to add the length of one belt or two?

Even with the belt tightly buckled, the pants go uncontrollably lower, and part of the wearer's bottom shows.
Not a pleasant sight, even less when someone in a mall or on the streets, needs to bend to tie the shoe lace suddenly untied, and others see it.

Why do you care?

Why do you care?
I gotta love for others good things I love for myself.
I hate it when my pants lower, and disturb others, especially in the mosque.
Even long shirts sometimes don't cover it well. And underpants often move down with the pants.

People wearing their pants below thier ass, exposing their boxer shorts. It's a stupid and backwards fashion statement that screams anything but individuality. Instead, it screams "hey, I'm a sheep, come and get me!" Not to mention, I think exposure of undergarments in public, especially when kids are around, should be considered indecent exposure. Kids nor I do not need to see your flipping underwear. Quit being a tool and cover your self up. Want to show your undergarments, then go to the pool or beach, that's what they are there for.

People wearing their pants below thier ass, exposing their boxer shorts. It's a stupid and backwards fashion statement that screams anything but individuality. Instead, it screams "hey, I'm a sheep, come and get me!" Not to mention, I think exposure of undergarments in public, especially when kids are around, should be considered indecent exposure. Kids nor I do not need to see your flipping underwear. Quit being a tool and cover your self up. Want to show your undergarments, then go to the pool or beach, that's what they are there for.

So, you want to ban kids from beaches and pools as well as extinguish swimwear for kids? I'm not following here.

The other day I saw a guy walking down the road with his pants around his thighs. And he was wearing pants underneath those. :huh:

The other idiotic trend that needs to go away along with the sagging pants are the shorts that are way too long and look like bell bottom capris.

I've seen guys wear some so long they go down to their ankles. Might as well get pants, at that point they stop being shorts and just look ridiculous.

Last edited:
Amateur online film critics, mostly text based.

Throwing around lingo like "pacing" and "character development" doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Another phrase would be "Cringe Inducing Dialogue".

Oh my God. So much grumpy get-off-my-lawn talk in this thread. Holy **** you guys, low waist pants aren't hurting anybody.

:wow: My eyes, my poor eyes. Someone cover that plumber butt now or I may faint. I will never unsee that crack in the back... Someone plug that hole now - oh, wait, NO don't... my poor, poor, eyes...

Fake fingernails. Especially stiletto and square cut. I'm sick of fighting off nausea every time I have to look at people's hands.

Annoying little cutesy made-up phrases like "that's the tea/the tea is piping hot".

The most overused word on social media, "problematic", and all the frivolous reasons it's used for.

The courageous anonymous keyboard warriors combing through everyone's social media with a fine toothed comb looking for any innocuous thing to be offended about and then thinking everyone else is obligated to care.

Political Correctness; don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that people be free to say what they want and get away with it, but in this day and age, you can hardly say anything without offending someone. Since when did society turn into a bunch of snowflakes?

Anyway, other fads that need to be removed:
  • Photo Filters (of the animal kind)
  • Reality TV shows
  • Remakes of films that were perfectly fine before the remake
  • Low Pants (people that wear their pants/trousers essentially down by their damn knees)
  • Social Media challenges
  • Fake Fingernails
  • Fake Eyebrows
  • Fake Eyelashes
  • Zack Snyder within the DCEU
  • Michael Bay within the Transformer franchise
  • Dating Apps
The ALS ice bucket challenge. Yes, it has raised a lot of money, but most people that do it now are just attention ****es that don't even know what the ALS stands for and don't even donate money which was the reason THE ****ING ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE WAS CREATED IN THE FIRST ****ING PLACE.
The cause aside, a lot of people simply did it for attention; that's the deal with social media these days, everyone wants to get noticed. People aren't happy with their own little lives and care too much what strangers think.

Political Correctness; don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that people be free to say what they want and get away with it, but in this day and age, you can hardly say anything without offending someone. Since when did society turn into a bunch of snowflakes?

Anyway, other fads that need to be removed:
  • Photo Filters (of the animal kind)
  • Reality TV shows
  • Remakes of films that were perfectly find before the remake
  • Low Pants (people that wear their pants/trousers essentially down by their damn knees)
  • Social Media challenges
  • Zack Snyder within the DCEU
  • Michael Bay within the Transformer franchise
  • Dating Apps
The cause aside, a lot of people simply did it for attention; that's the deal with social media these days, everyone wants to get noticed. People aren't happy with their own little lives and care too much what strangers think.
You hit the nail right on the head.

People using the word "snowflake." I hate it because it's meant to be an insult, but the origin of the word comes from Fight Club and I think most people would stop using it if they knew the context of why Tyler Durden called people snowflakes.

Also because people who use snowflake as an insult are generally the ones who get offended the easiest.

Also because people who use snowflake as an insult are generally the ones who get offended the easiest.
meme_123.png

but the term is used to descibe the ones who get offended the easiest or is it the most melodramatic?...either or

Last edited:
Yes. It's ironic for someone to call someone else a snowflake and then they themselves get easily offended over something else. Which is something Trump himself is known for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"