Trends or other things that need to go away

Twitter. Like now.

In fact, most forms of social media. The world has forgotten what the word privacy means and the concept of a private life.

I wish those girls who wear pounds and pounds of makeup and foundation on their faces would stop wearing so much, it makes them look so unnatural and weird.

Last edited:
People using the word "snowflake." I hate it because it's meant to be an insult, but the origin of the word comes from Fight Club and I think most people would stop using it if they knew the context of why Tyler Durden called people snowflakes.
It's not meant to be an insult. It's meant to imply that people are simply too soft - like a snowflake.

Also because people who use snowflake as an insult are generally the ones who get offended the easiest.
I can assure you that I don't get offended easily, except by your comment, I'm furious that you're assuming I'm offended by the use of that word.

Furious. :mad:

Here's why it's dumb to use the word snowflake:

G1WnKQz.jpg

Here's why it's dumb to use the word snowflake:

G1WnKQz.jpg
Surely it's only dumb if you know this though, and then use it, otherwise how can it possibly apply? I have never used the word in association with the Fight Club film. Before you came along today to provide your argument, I wasn't even aware of the association, and even then, I'm sure the word 'snowflake' existed long before Fight Club did.

Vaping.

Nothing like walking past the local spot where all the younger kids hang about (im assuming most towns and cities have this) and being engulfed in what may as well be a cumulus cloud formation.

Surely it's only dumb if you know this though, and then use it, otherwise how can it possibly apply? I have never used the word in association with the Fight Club film. Before you came along today to provide your argument, I wasn't even aware of the association, and even then, I'm sure the word 'snowflake' existed long before Fight Club did.

Of course the word did, but not the context of using it to describe people in a derogatory way ("You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake"). That came from Fight Club. Either way, it's an annoying thing to call someone who gets offended at something. There are better ways to make a point. Now, it's just overused.

Of course the word did, but not the context of using it to describe people in a derogatory way ("You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake"). That came from Fight Club. Either way, it's an annoying thing to call someone who gets offended at something. There are better ways to make a point. Now, it's just overused.
In that case, allow me to modify my post.
Political Correctness; don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that people be free to say what they want and get away with it, but in this day and age, you can hardly say anything without offending someone. Since when did society turn into canndyfloss?

:funny:

I don't actually know what candyfloss is.

You crazy Brits and your slang.

renaming corny and clean jokes to "dad" jokes.

people ignoring texts when you expect a reply

The significant number of horror and action movies cut to PG-13

Scientology

Edit : about Cotton Candy
Tell that to the French, we call it Barbapapa :) ( like the anime ).

You crazy Brits and your slang.
Are we the crazy ones though? Great Britain existed before the United States of America. ;)

The significant number of horror and action movies cut to PG-13
PG-13 shouldn't need to exist; that's just another result of those precious little snowflakes cotton candy people.

Scientology
Agreed.

Fake nails
Hair extensions
excesive fake tan
Fake Tan is unnecessary in itself. :p

I'm Canadian. We're still good with the Brits :)

Elitism about games, books, movies, TV shows.... we all were new to something once. Don't discourage the next generation.
Also cosplaying as deadpool and Harley Quinn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"