Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Strykez!

Former Mod On Pension Pay
Reaction score
0817liv_fish2.jpg

Sagging Jeans=Gay Male Prostitutes?

By Lightning Strykez!​

In recent months, toe-tapping in public rest-room stalls has become more widely publicized due to a certain national scandal. However, apparently using your toes isn't the only way to signal that you want to get down another man.

I was talking to a parole officer (he's a friend of mine, so NO I wasn't in jail :whatever: ) and he was telling me of the origins of sagging pants. Now, most people would equate this so-called "fashion" statement with the Hip Hop community, since Rappers like Tupac, 50 Cent and other former jailbirds have promoted it during their careers. Now, I already knew that inmates wore their pants without belts in the slammers because belts were banned. But I DIDN'T know that sagging pants and showing one's drawls (translation: underwear) doubled as a symbol of homoerotic activity in the jailhouses as well. :eek:

The officer told me that men who wore sagging pants and exposed either their underwear or outright azz-cheeks were identified as male prostitutes. Generally they were bottoms and were regarded as such--especially by tops who regularly traded these men out with other male tops for various goods i.e. money, cigs, drugs, other men, et al.

30baggy600.1.jpg

Did any of you know that? It certainly put a new perspective on things for me. Not that I sag my jeans, but still...considering that so many rap artists have spent time in the slammer--and undoubtedly they know the secret meanings behind this style of attire--it really makes me wonder why they would choose to identify themselves with it. Are these rap stars perhaps telling us a bit more about their sexual orientation than we really want to know? Were they "gang-bangers" in more than one way? And would these young kids in the world today continue to sag their jeans if THEY knew the true meaning?

:huh:

Hmm, I know several people who work in corrections and I never heard that sagging jeans had anything to do with sexual orientation.

I remember when I was in middle school, one of my teachers would always tell us that. My mom brings it up every time we talk about social life where we live and what we see.

Wow, that's...odd. :dry: Hopefully now all those guys out there that wear their pants like that will give that whole style some further thought. No one wants to see their boxers.

Agreed. But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. If you're in a jailhouse, you're under constant surveillance. There is no where you can really go exclusively to have sex with another inmate. If it were to be done at all, it'd have to be done very discreetly. So if dude's pants are already down below his butt, he'd be providing easy access for his dude...and there would be nothing to uh...pull up...if they got caught by an officer. :dry:

And funny thing is, these kids today walk around like that, thinking they actually look cool...when in actuality, they look...gay.

I know, right? I can't help but look at all of these icons in a different way now. And if they KNEW it meant this, why integrate it into American society like that? :huh:

Don't get me wrong--I am far from homophobic. But...I think its sad that these kids today really don't know the origins behind such things...and yet they are wearing their pants this way to confirm their macho-ness and "straightness"--when really, this symbolizes the very thing they are trying hard not to identify themselves with.

One of the reasons my uncle (twice incarcerated) keeps his pants up.

Hahaha. I happen to know it has not merit. No offense LS.

Hahaha. I happen to know it has not merit. No offense LS. I know enough r.riders who'd laugh at this thread...

Well I would hope they would laugh...and not cry...at the painful memories. :)

Why do they call themselves Rough Riders and Gangbangers though? Hmmmmmmm. *scratches goatee*

I'm questioning everything now. LOL :p

Well I would hope they would laugh...and not cry...at the painful memories. :)

Why do they call themselves Rough Riders and Gangbangers though? Hmmmmmmm. *scratches goatee*

I'm questioning everything now. LOL :p

I'm not gonna involve myself with this thread (unsubscribing). I'm just gonna flip through it every now and then and laugh at the comments. You really should have made a more informed thread.

Peace. :D

PS: Do you even know why they walk with a limp? ;) (somehow I know what you are gonna say) LOL

I'm not gonna involve myself with this thread (unsubscribing). I'm just gonna flip through it every now and then and laugh at the comments. You really should have made a more informed thread.

Ahh, truly spoken like someone who did not do as I asked them to by doing research of their own. :dry: But that's okay. :up:

I've never been to jail so I can only take the testimonies of others as fact. And there appears to be a helluva lot of testimonies on-line so...;)

PS: Do you even know why they walk with a limp? ;) (somehow I know what you are gonna say) LOL

I refuse to let my imagination run wild. :)

Thankfully, saggy jeans/shorts could = a hefty fine in the town I live in recently. But this thread instantly made me think of Dennis Leary's commentary on saggy jeans/underwear from "Lock N Load" to be honest. :)

yeah, I knew that sagging pants=prison b**ch for a long time...it's not new information :confused:

um, ls, i don't know where your friend got that info, but that's not what it means.

it's a way to show colors - if i recall correctly it's the crips, since those white underwears usually have the blue stripe on them, inmates would sag to show their gang status.

^ I've never heard that before.

I can't believe that people STILL sag their pants.

Like Majik said, "Welcome to 15 years ago".

It's official: gansta rappers love dick.

jag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"