Turok

I wanting to play Turok real bad as of now. I saw a video were a Giant T-rex comes out of no were and eats all the bad guys that were shooting at you.

I've been playing the game for about 2 hours now. I agree with the reviewers that the save system is a bit annoying (the points are too far apart) and to an extent, I agree that the jumpy shooting mechanics can be a little frustrating at first. However, these qualms are certainly not enough to stop me from enjoying the game. So far I'm loving it. :up:

From my initial impressions, I think I'd rate this game at either 7.5 or 8.0. I think I'd err in favor of 8.0 though, because it's just so awesome to play as the Son of Stone again in a game that actually does him justice.

I beat Turok. It's a good game I thought. I think it's a must for people that like dino games.

I just beat the game. The ending was kind of anti-climactic (yay, get on the ship and fly away!), and it took me almost a half hour to finally beat Scar, but the knife fight with Kane was wicked awesome, even if it wasn't terribly hard.

I guess the game is selling pretty well (400k copies on Xbox 360, supposedly), so hopefully that means Disney will greenlight a sequel, because I think Propaganda has potential as a developer, and I like how they've re-imagined Turok for a new generation.

Here's some things I would fix in a sequel:

The shooting mechanics - The "jumpy guns" may be immersive, but they are bad news for gameplay. I'm okay with my aim flinching when I get hit, but when I'm just shooting, I shouldn't have to deal with Jurassic Parkinson's. Take a cue from Call of Duty 4 and we'll be in business next time.
More blood, gore, and violence - Come on Disney-- the game is already rated MATURE. Kids under 17 shouldn't be playing this game anyway, so why do we get G-rated sparks whenever we kill enemy soldiers? Trying to not get Jack Thompson's attention does not get you street cred.
Deeper melee combatI loved the dinosaur encounters in the game, but I felt like they could have had a bit more variety. If Turok had more killing animations for when you're stabbing a dinosaur, it would be better. Also, a bit more interactivity during melee encounters would be nice, especially since they need to give you a reason to still use guns against dinos.
Local multiplayer - I know online is the latest and greatest, but still I like being able to play games with my buddies at home. Also, give us more interesting player skins next time! Pretty please?
More visual spit-shine - Pretty self explanatory. For the most part Turok was a good looking game, but there were parts of it that looked just plain last-gen. Hopefully Propaganda can work more closely with Epic next time to squeeze more power out of the UE3 engine next time.
More guns - Also self-explanatory. The guns that were in this game worked well enough, but I wanted more. Get creative-- crazy guns have always been a staple of this series.

I just beat the game. The ending was kind of anti-climactic (yay, get on the ship and fly away!), and it took me almost a half hour to finally beat Scar, but the knife fight with Kane was wicked awesome, even if it wasn't terribly hard.

I guess the game is selling pretty well (400k copies on Xbox 360, supposedly), so hopefully that means Disney will greenlight a sequel, because I think Propaganda has potential as a developer, and I like how they've re-imagined Turok for a new generation.

Here's some things I would fix in a sequel:

The shooting mechanics - The "jumpy guns" may be immersive, but they are bad news for gameplay. I'm okay with my aim flinching when I get hit, but when I'm just shooting, I shouldn't have to deal with Jurassic Parkinson's. Take a cue from Call of Duty 4 and we'll be in business next time.
More blood, gore, and violence - Come on Disney-- the game is already rated MATURE. Kids under 17 shouldn't be playing this game anyway, so why do we get G-rated sparks whenever we kill enemy soldiers? Trying to not get Jack Thompson's attention does not get you street cred.
Deeper melee combatI loved the dinosaur encounters in the game, but I felt like they could have had a bit more variety. If Turok had more killing animations for when you're stabbing a dinosaur, it would be better. Also, a bit more interactivity during melee encounters would be nice, especially since they need to give you a reason to still use guns against dinos.
Local multiplayer - I know online is the latest and greatest, but still I like being able to play games with my buddies at home. Also, give us more interesting player skins next time! Pretty please?
More visual spit-shine - Pretty self explanatory. For the most part Turok was a good looking game, but there were parts of it that looked just plain last-gen. Hopefully Propaganda can work more closely with Epic next time to squeeze more power out of the UE3 engine next time.
More guns - Also self-explanatory. The guns that were in this game worked well enough, but I wanted more. Get creative-- crazy guns have always been a staple of this series.
Your right! The ending sucked! But at least you got to stab a T-rex in the face. The multiplayer is pretty awesome but the lack or gore took it down a notch. Hopefully they will fix it in the sequel.

Xbox One
[FONT=&quot]Turok 1 and 2 remasters for Xbox One launch March 2[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 28 comments.
Classic shooters dated for console.

Turok-Xbox-One_02-23-18.jpg

The remastered versions of the 1997- and 1998-released Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will launch digitally for Xbox One on March 2 for $19.99 each, developer Nightdive Studios announced.

Both titles are currently available on PC.

Get the Xbox One launch trailer and an overview of each game below.

[YT]0vTxsv3oK_s[/YT]
Turok

About
Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!
The Lost Land…
A world where time has no meaning – and evil knows no bounds. Torn from a world long gone, the time traveling warrior Turok has found himself thrust into a savage land torn by conflict. An evil overlord known as ‘The Campaigner’ seeks to shred the fabric of time and rule the universe using an ancient artifact known as ‘The Chronoscepter’. The Chronoscepter was shattered thousands of years ago in an effort to keep it from falling into evil hands. The Campaigner has constructed a massive focusing array which he plans to use to magnify and pervert the power of the Chronoscepter in order to shatter the barriers between the ages and rule the universe. Turok has vowed to find the eight pieces of the Chronoscepter spread throughout the Lost Land and put an end to The Campaigner’s evil plot…
To learn more you must enter the world of Turok.
Key Features

• Completely 3D Virtual World
  • Run, jump, climb in any direction in a fully 3D world, with the ability to independently look and aim your weapons up, down, or sideways.
  • Intelligent Enemies Programmed for Ferocity
  • Variable aggression profiles make each enemy behave uniquely.
  • 14 Monstrous High-tech Weapons
  • From the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Pulse Rifle and Alien Weapon, to the Quad Rocket Launcher and, the mother of all guns, the Atomic Fusion Cannon!
  • Advanced Interactive Backgrounds with Particle Technology
  • Cobwebs sway. Bubbles form rings on the water’s surface. Bullets ricochet. Trees explode into flames and crash to the ground. Waterfalls boil with foam.
  • Bionically Engineered Dinosaurs
  • Razor-toothed Raptors. Artillery-packing Triceratops. Alien Infantry and a Laser-Guided T-Rex. Following your every move with head-tracking technology.
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

About
Having defeated the Campaigner, Turok throws the Chronocepter into a waiting volcano to destroy it. Unfortunately the blast awakens an even deadlier force – The Primagen. Once again a Turok is tasked with restoring peace to the land and stopping the Primagen from merging Earth with the nether world.
The Dinosaur Hunter Returns
Fight your way through 35 different types of enemies with bouncing bellies, blinking eyes, stretching tentacles and snapping jaws. From Prehistoric Raptors, to evolved Flesh Eaters, to your final battle with the Mother of all beasts— you’ll want to defeat all of them!
Enemies are intelligent! They’re smart enough to attack in groups, to flee when they are outgunned, and to take cover during a firefight.
Enemies flinch and spasm differently depending on which body part you hit.
Key Features

• Remastered Locations – Conquer 6 engrossing Quest Levels including the Port of Adia, the Death Marshes and the Lair of the Blind Ones.
  • Over 20 Weapons – Unload multiple ricocheting shotgun shells with the Shredder. Send brains flying with the skull-drilling Cerebral Bore, a fan favorite. Stomp enemies flat while riding an artillery-mounted Triceratops!
  • New Multiplayer – The new Multiplayer mode lets you battle with your friends. Using the best levels, weapons, and visuals from both the PC and Nintendo 64 versions, players will encounter a fun and visceral multiplayer experience.
    Players can also choose between a few skins for their character in combat.

source: Gematsu

YES! I've been wanting those two to be rereleased for current consoles for a long time.

I think Turok needs a full on Doom 2016 style reboot. Too awesome of a universe with equally awesome lore that has been untouched.

Damn it being on Xbox. I loved turok 2. The tranquilliser gun and the stun seeds were so much fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"