Uh-oh...

You said animation, and that exchange is dynamic. Batman Begins didn't have characters animations being effected by the weight of their bodies or inertia of their movement. That Animation wasn't done by hand aside from the basic "Swing, Duck, Uppercut" the physics system did the rest.

s1uruq.gif

You said animation, and that exchange is dynamic. Batman Begins didn't have characters animations being effected by the weight of their bodies or inertia of their movement. That Animation wasn't done by hand aside from the basic "Swing, Duck, Uppercut" the physics system did the rest.

s1uruq.gif

Dynamic as in whether the player could actually control the whole "punch, duck" movement during the exchange. Otherwise, it's still what you call a "canned animation" routine like in Batman Vengeance (the TAS styled game, it had special moves with lengthy animation routines like the one you posted in which Batman attacks while he ducks, spins, jumps and evades). The physics system taking care of the leftovers isn't anything "wow" inducing.

It must be nice to change your arguement like Uncharted changes its animations.

rkpliw.jpg

The hand-to-hand combat requires quick reactions. For example, once you enter melee combat, if you press the square button at the right moment, you can trigger an effective one-hit kill move, such as a deadly double-footed dropkick. Next to that, Drake can wrestle enemies and snap their necks. Some contextual moves were thrown in too, so if Drake is attacked while near a wall, he can grab enemies and slam their face straight into it.

It is different then just a canned animation and regardless your original statement was purely based on Animation, and it's not just 'run up and trigger a long unbeatable not dynamic animation chain'. You can lose the melee fights. :dry:

Try telling me that with a straight face after you see this. And I just finished playing the Crysis Single Player demo and not only it pretty much creams every game we've seen to date visually speaking, but it also plays amazingly well. :up:

As for Uncharted, I don't know what looks so great about that game that you guys are drooling over. From what I've seen in the gameplay vids, I'd easily put it a notch below Mass Effect. :confused:

:wow: I need to look into Alan Wake more...

And yeah Crysis is going to rock so very very hard. I just wish I had a computer good enough to run it.

Alan Wake does look very impressive. The lighting engine is like amazing stuff and reaklly what makes the game look so good.

Add a whip and fedora to the guy in Uncharted and you got Dr. Jones

He's a shadier character then Doctor Jones, at least judging by the opening to the game.

Newest Uncharted Trailer is here

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/31/happy-halloween-from-naughty-dog-new-uncharted-trailer/

If you want to see what the big deal is about Uncharted, well the graphics are shown off in that video, but there are two new gunplay segments in the Uncharted thread you can check out. Looks awesome.

Yea, that game is seriously going to own all kinds of ass. DAMN i need to get a PS3 for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"