Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by BigThor, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

next thorsday.

2. Dr. Thanos

Dr. Thanos Your Family Doctor

I wouldn't say Ultron should be afraid of him in a direct sense, but it would be good if he recognized him as the biggest threat. I liked in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, when Ultron had his synthezoids fight him, the strategy was to keep his hammer away from him and focus all their energy on grinding Thor into the ground. Thor is the team's most powerful member and the villains should act in a way to counter that.

3. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

It would be nice to have him living with the Don Blake alias in London with Jane when we're introduced to him in this film. Although I don't know how he'd be able to maintain a secret identity with his face being plastered all over the world news.

4. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Well-Known Member

The more I think about it the more I feel Ultron will find a way to make things personal for Thor lol

5. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I wonder if Thor will wear his helmet this time in battle, obviously he'll get an slight upgraded look.

6. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Think Hemsworth said he didn't like wearing it, so probably not...

7. Ghostcrow13

Ghostcrow13 Well-Known Member

From what I read, it kept falling off whilst filming fight scenes and hitting the bridge of his nose, which I imagine got really painful and annoying considering it must have been really heavy.

I think Branagh also said it didn't work, it doesn't bother me anymore, I more care that we have yet to see Thor's full power set. It's mostly just Hammer hitting and Lightning strikes.

8. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

That's pretty much what Thor does no?

9. Ghostcrow13

Yeah well that is the basic idea, but he has a lot of powers, and I understand why some aren't used cos it would make the rest of the Avengers redundant, personally I would love to see him moving/fighting at super speeds.

He should definitely be the one that lasts the longest against Ultron, presuming they go the way of Ultron beating them the first time they meet and then the Avengers have to regroup.

Personally I would have Thor finish Ultron with a reduced godblast, but I reckon Stark or the Hulk will be the ones to finish him.

10. RickCoronel

RickCoronel Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think it's going to be a combination of Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver and Vision.

11. Ghostcrow13

I literally keep forgetting Vision is gonna be in this, yeah I think he will definitely play a major part. I mean don't get me wrong they will all contribute to Ultrons downfall but I feel IM and Hulk are the two favorites and usually the favorites finish the job.

12. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter DCEU & MCU Fan

Am I the only one that prefers MCU Thor without his helmet?

Can't judge on the comics, I haven't read like any Thor stories - now that I think of it, that would be nice to do this summer :D

13. Ultra Ham

Ultra Ham Well-Known Member

I assumed that Thor's helmet had to do with him becoming king, seeing as that never happened and probably won't for a while I would assume he'd remain without it.

14. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

No, I think it works better without the helmet. He looks good without it, there's no problems with keeping it in place for action scenes and you always look more buff if you don't increase your head size with a helmet.

As for comics, Marvel Now made it easy to jump onto a new comic and Thor: God of Thunder is having an amazing run. I recommend starting with the first issue if you want to read some Thor. I love the first double arc.

15. Caboose

Caboose Well-Known Member

No, every Avenger is going to combine their powers to give to Goku for the Spirit Bomb, duh.

16. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

No, you're not. I don't miss the helmet in the MCU. It's nice to see it for ceremonial reasons, but it's not a 'must' for me.

17. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I don't mind the helmet, but I think the demands for it are overblown. He looks fine without a helmet.

18. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

He does look fine without it
    Especially for battle scenes I can see why it's impractical
    If anything, I'd just like his grand entrance to feature him with the helmet, if possible

if they can make Loki's look awesome and badass, they must be able to figure out something for Thor.

but again, it's definitely no dealbreaker to not see it again, just love that helmet...

19. E.Brock

E.Brock In shape for the kill

Pleased to see that hemsworth is bigger than he's ever been as thor for age of ultron

20. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Cool. Is there a new pic of him on set? The only pictures I've seen of him recently were: 1.) the avengers cast at dinner, 2.) a pic his wife took walking their kids or something, and 3.) the twitter pic with RDJ.

....aaaaand i sound like a freakin stalker.

21. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

^lmao, little bit

22. LordofhouseEl

LordofhouseEl Well-Known Member

Pic?

23. 04nbod

04nbod I need to debrief you

It wasn't forced at all, it was set up at the very start with Thor pining for Jane and Hogun staying behind to be with the people he cared about.

You may not like it but it wasn't forced.

24. iambranded

iambranded Well-Known Member

I think Man of Steel had way too much destruction......
    Overall....doesn't matter if Thor has a helmet or not....kinda didnt make sense in the cartoons or comics it would hardly ever fall off....
    But the comics classic lines Ultron...."We would have words with thee" line....needs to happen at the right time....

25. Moonwing

Moonwing Well-Known Member

His own people-he is a vanir, so it`s only natural to stay with your people(and family as it stated in the children's book) to help them rebuild and restore after the war. So...not even close. It`s like if no matter what happened on Vanaheim and with his family Hogun would run away to Asgard because he have a girl there who he desperate to bang. Very mature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.