Uncharted

I wouldn't say that, he has been good in some stuff, mainly comedy's the last few years.

But honestly he is not even close to what Sully looks or acts like in the games. It's crackers he was even considered let alone cast.

Being carried by one of the best of all time in Will Farrell in 3 movies and 2 more by one of the best comedy writers in McFarland. Not a fan of the guy lol.

I wouldn't say that, he has been good in some stuff, mainly comedy's the last few years.

But honestly he is not even close to what Sully looks or acts like in the games. It's crackers he was even considered let alone cast.
I think he was only considered because he was originally cast as Nate when David O Russell was attached to direct back in 2011. When Sony resurrected the adaption with a young Drake they just offered Mark the role of Sully.

Well that stache scene is definitely the last scene of the movie. Sony gonna Sony.

I liked this trailer better than the first, and if it wasn't Uncharted I'd be less harsh on how how bad it looks.

Stuff like that really gets me. Sully with the stache is totally the last scene of the film if not the credits. And at that point it’s like well why didn’t you just have him with the stache the entire time?

Is it just me or does the stache look CGI?

Well that stache scene is definitely the last scene of the movie. Sony gonna Sony.

I liked this trailer better than the first, and if it wasn't Uncharted I'd be less harsh on how how bad it looks.

It's funny to me how you can basically predict the last 30 seconds of a movie based off the trailers and TV spots now. Biggest offenders are the new Tomb Raider, GI Joe Snake Eyes, etc. Usually it's a sequel hook of "that cool thing you identify with this character? Here's like a 10 second reference to it! Got to wait for the next movie to see what you actually want!"

I find it fun and easily digestible in a National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tomb Raider… kind of way. Are those the best movies out there? Hardly but it’s still totally fine for me at least. Just a bit of escapism I guess.

Maybe is the Uncharted gaming glasses tainting it for me but I don’t see anything really wrong with it. We’ll see when it comes out.

For me, it’s Wahlberg who’s the odd man out here. He’s nothing like Sully. Holland I can at least buy as Drake because I can picture him as a younger Nate. Plus, the mannerisms we’ve seen from the trailers are in line with the Nate from the games.

The new trailer was better than the first and the sequence where they are airlifting the sunken ship looks pretty cool, if this wasn't an adaption of my favourite videogame series it would be easier to just look at it as a lighthearted, fun action adventure.

Last edited:
This probably guaranteed kaching kaching for $ony, as I think the popularity of No Way Home would convince the masses to watch Tom Holland's neXt adventure film.

I find it fun and easily digestible in a National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tomb Raider… kind of way. Are those the best movies out there? Hardly but it’s still totally fine for me at least. Just a bit of escapism I guess.

Maybe is the Uncharted gaming glasses tainting it for me but I don’t see anything really wrong with it. We’ll see when it comes out.

I actually quite like the National Treasure films and thought they were quite good for their time. I thought they were just fun, entertaining adventure films with charming, likable characters. I liked that they had sort of their own modern flavor. It always confused me with Hollywood being as franchise crazy as it is that we never saw a third movie. The second one was actually good and did well. I think there was talk of a third one a while back, but it always seemed strange to me why they never really pushed harder for a third one after all this time.

For me, it’s Wahlberg who’s the odd man out here. He’s nothing like Sully. Holland I can at least buy as Drake because I can picture him as a younger Nate. Plus, the mannerisms we’ve seen from the trailers are in line with the Nate from the games.

It's a real shame they didn't get JK Simmons. He's Sully!

Maybe treat this movie not as a bad Uncharted adaptation, but an unexpectedly good Dirk Pitt movie? *ducks*

Maybe treat this movie not as a bad Uncharted adaptation, but an unexpectedly good Dirk Pitt movie? *ducks*
I never knew that the movie Sahara was based on an ongoing book series until now.

The more footage of this I see, the less interested I am. The weird fusing of different game plots while also having a new story, the bad casting especially for Nathan Drake with Tom Holland's awkward delivery in the trailers. If I have to hear him say 'my brother Sam' one more time..

But who am I kidding, I'll probably still watch it just because of how much I love Uncharted. :funny:

I managed to forget the film existed.

Its sad that films like Guillermo DelToro's Mountains of Madness and HB3 die in development hell, but this garbage gets released.

Maybe, but at least Del Toro won an Academy Award.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"