• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uncharted

Critical reception aside, it's a solid start for the PlayStation Cinematic Universe.

Zendaya as Elena for the sequel, please. :o
Yes please. The internet is due for another racial outburst.

I didn't know anything about the game so I didn't have the preconceptions others did. It was just a kind of fun, popcorn flicks that I liked fine. Wasn't great, but did the job it was meant to do.

I saw it today. As I had presumed, it wasn't as good as the games but Holland was a good charismatic lead as Drake even if he was a little young for the role and Wahlberg, while passable, still wasn't right for Sully. I liked the big action setpiece for the finale. It started out as basically identical to a scene from the fourth game but the movie got inventive with it after that. I suppose I'd put it in the top three video game movies of all time along with Sonic the Hedgehog and Detective Pikachu.

Despite thinking Fleischer is a decent Director, I still enjoyed this more than I thought I would. No where near as good as the games, Utd an enjoyable action/adventure movie on its own. I did love NN’s cameo and the use of the music from the game made me geek out a couple of times.

I like Holland as an actor a lot, he is a damn good actor and very likeable, in fact and the extra work he put into his body here is to be respected. But he just isn’t Nate to me. And I don’t need think he ever will be.

Wahlberg is even less right for Sully, though I did like their banter. The girl who played young Chloe was spot on though, and good to see Banderas in a major movie again.

The action sequences were really good though, and I haven’t played the 4th game yet so some stuff was a surprise to me. Like the brother aspect. I would probably watch a sequel.

But I did prefer the Resident Evil and Tomb Raider re-boots overall.

6/10

Surprised the youngsters haven’t announced a sequel to this yet.

07be7c1b62b7faeeb93cd5e26acb0b0287345648.gifv

c378bfc8f55a2cf131e1bbf62097c7c9f9325162.gifv

454b1ccc4e1a8c51c5d783d4e7651be0c85cf0c3.gifv

6f4c9fa6d45c895a688500e9b8d5bd756e8f853e.gifv

26875cdf7f8f6efe4e46de979db1c5761ddba210.gifv

a7d822741c1f51a08a61450d2501579888fb243f.gifv

bc832b6c1b0514c234f978d899f41db8c7a0f760.gifv

I'd take 3 Uncharted sequels and twice as many Uncharted spinoffs from Sony if they stop messing around with D-list Spider-Man characters.

I think y'all need to get out of your feelings regarding SONY and the Spider-Man characters. It's not that big of a deal. And it's not like them making movies of characters like Madame Web or Morbius really affect the MCU

Damn I used to be all in on the Screen Junkies stuff but this just reminds me I haven't watched Honest Trailers since maybe even before Signore got kicked off (rightfully) like 6 years ago. Spencer seems to be the last one left. I saw on Twitter Joe Starr left SJ too.

Last edited:
I think y'all need to get out of your feelings regarding SONY and the Spider-Man characters. It's not that big of a deal. And it's not like them making movies of characters like Madame Web or Morbius really affect the MCU
It does when they snatch up talent like Ariana DeBose and Sydney Sweeney who will more than likely be wasted in those roles. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have as big of an issue with it.

It does when they snatch up talent like Ariana DeBose and Sydney Sweeney who will more than likely be wasted in those roles. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have as big of an issue with it.
I still don't see why that's a big deal.
The performers willingly signed up for it and getting paid for it. And especially nowadays their careers can be fine even if the one roles doesn't work out. And it's not like they can't sign up for another SH role down the line if their first try doesn't work out ala Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Tom Hardy, Michael B Jordan, etc.

Unless they're butchering a concept with a massive amount of potential or they're messing up some ideas that the MCU has (I guess kinda like Kraven), I dont get the big deal.

I still don't see why that's a big deal.
The performers willingly signed up for it and getting paid for it. And especially nowadays their careers can be fine even if the one roles doesn't work out. And it's not like they can't sign up for another SH role down the line if their first try doesn't work out ala Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Tom Hardy, Michael B Jordan, etc.

Unless they're butchering a concept with a massive amount of potential or they're messing up some ideas that the MCU has (I guess kinda like Kraven), I dont get the big deal.
I know, it just bothers me that these talented actors are going to be wasted on what's more than likely going to be a throwaway role. But you're right, there's always room for second chances. Sometimes three, in the case of Ryan Reynolds.

I've been watching Sony butcher and mishandle Marvel properties and quality actors for 15 years. After so long it feels a bit like...

And Sony's abuse is not even exclusive to Marvel properties. Sony entertainment is just a trash studio.

Last edited:
I've been watching Sony butcher and mishandle Marvel properties and quality actors for 15 years. After so long it feels a bit like...

And Sony's abuse is not even exclusive to Marvel properties. Sony entertainment is just a trash studio.

Then just don't watch their movies...I don't like CBS as a channel. So I just...don't watch their movies. It cost 0% of your effort, time, and money just to not see movies, shows, etc. that you think look or are bad :shrug:. But it takes a lot more effort and it ruins threads with relentless nonconstructive complaining

Then just don't watch their movies...I don't like CBS as a channel. So I just...don't watch their movies. It cost 0% of your effort, time, and money just to not see movies, shows, etc. that you think look or are bad :shrug:. But it takes a lot more effort and it ruins threads with relentless nonconstructive complaining

There is nothing "nonconstructive" about pointing out the dire flaws of these movies, which actually exist. This isn't the "Praise Sony" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"