• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Uncharted

I never actually saw this. Did they at least get the third main character, Nate's wife Elena, right?

I never actually saw this. Did they at least get the third main character, Nate's wife Elena, right?

They used Chloe (the woman in the 2nd game and the star of her own Uncharted 4 expansion) as the main love interest.

I'm going to die on the "Tom Holland wasn't a bad Drake, he's just ten years too young" hill.

Finally got around to watching this. I have the same complaints a lot Uncharted fans have, and a few others.

Chloe's father taking her first treasure and ripping her off irritated me a lot more than it probably should have. In the games he was an archeologist dedicated to restoring the history of his homeland. He died while on one of his expeditions when Chloe was a child and Chloe spent her life resenting his passion for history. The whole game of Lost Legacy is about her coming to terms with her father and walking in her father's footsteps. The moment when she finally understands her father is the turning point of her story and arc. Making him a dead beat who ripped off his own daughter is just lazy motivation for Chloe.

Sully's characterization was awful. Sully would not **** Nate over. Not even when they first met. Sully risks his life, his business arrangement with a very dangerous criminal, drops everything, and kills a man to save Nate without knowing anything about Nate. Nate was young when they met and Sully raises him and becomes a father to Nate. Nate was never just a mark to Sully.

I'm convinced Ramin Djawadi never listened to any of the Uncharted games' music scores. There's no connecting material at all between what Ramin produced and what was in the games. They should have hired Henry Jackman to compose the score. He did a great job with the fourth game's score and Lost Legacy's score. He respected what came before, improved on it, and added to it. With this film Ramin must have thought he didn't need what came before and could do better. Unfortunately he failed.

Antonio Banderas's character is a baffling inclusion in this film. A real dork and entirely inconsequential. I'm pretty sure they included him just so they could kill him and make Braddock seem more sinister. Antonio deserved better, and Braddock at that point in the film just comes accross like an incompetent loose cannon. Should have used Rafe and Nadine and Shoreline as the villains.

If I had never played the games and knew nothing about the characters I would call this a decent adventure film. Having played the games many times I would call this a trash adaption.

I'm surprised it's taken them this long considering how much the first movie made. I didn't hate it but Holland will never be Nate and Wahlberg will never be Sully to me.

I'm surprised it's taken them this long considering how much the first movie made. I didn't hate it but Holland will never be Nate and Wahlberg will never be Sully to me.
IIRC I don't think they fast tracked it because Holland wanted to take a break for a bit but it does feel like it's been longer than two years since the first one came out. They also would have lost six months because of the strikes last year anyway.

Imma bout to beat that little white boy down!

giphy.gif

By the time of Uncharted 7 the actors might even come across as the right age/maturity for the characters they’re playing. Then we would just be left with the fact that Wahlberg is a horrendous choice for Sully.

Beyond frustrating to see how fellow Sony Naughty Dog property The Last of Us absolutely blew up while Uncharted couldn’t even attract a whole bunch of hardcore fans of the game. I wonder if it had anything to do with casting the leads properly in that one.

As a huge Uncharted fan I hope this loses as much money as possible. I even hold it against Tom Holland who I otherwise like a lot.

By the time of Uncharted 7 the actors might even come across as the right age/maturity for the characters they’re playing. Then we would just be left with the fact that Wahlberg is a horrendous choice for Sully.

Beyond frustrating to see how fellow Sony Naughty Dog property The Last of Us absolutely blew up while Uncharted couldn’t even attract a whole bunch of hardcore fans of the game. I wonder if it had anything to do with casting the leads properly in that one.

As a huge Uncharted fan I hope this loses as much money as possible. I even hold it against Tom Holland who I otherwise like a lot.
HBO, HBO is what happened there. :o

How dare you use the real Sully in this house of worship!
Just an example of how good this could have been in the right hands with a dead on Nate too - actors that can convincingly portray and are naturally a good fit for these great characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"