• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Uncharted

Well, regardless of quality, Sony really kicked ass with their films at the box office this year (Ghostbusters, Bond, Venom, Spider-Man, Uncharted).

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade will end up being the better Uncharted movie

Harrison Ford = Nate
Sean Connery = Sully
The difference between perfect casting and blindfolded-clown casting.

Well, regardless of quality, Sony really kicked ass with their films at the box office this year (Ghostbusters, Bond, Venom, Spider-Man, Uncharted).
I much prefer box office to correlate with quality as it helps inform future decisions by execs on what to greenlight and how much budget to allocate.

Sony had nothing to do with Bond. That was MGM and Universal.

I know nothing about Uncharted as a game or whether the casting of Holland and Wahlberg is accurate or not. But as a film in its own right this wasn't very good at all. It was rather dull and lacking in plot. Only the end action sequence was okay. The one on the plane was done better in the Living Daylights and I don't like a movie starting out with that scene and then cutting away only to catch up to it later in the film. It's as if they didn't have many other good set pieces and had to split that one up.

Watched this,
and the only real surprise was Antonio Banderas character being replaced as the main villain in rather brutal fashion.

Holland was basically Peter Parker here. He has great physicality for all the running and jumping stuff though.

The take on Sully was interesting, but even with what they were going for they still shouldn't have cast Marky Mark (JK Simmons would've been perfect).

Ooooooh yeah this is on Netflix baby! I’ll definitely watch it sometime soon when I’ve had too many edibles and I need to watch something where I don’t have to pay much attention.

Why can’t anyone make great films in this genre anymore? Since the classic Indy trilogy we’ve had Crystal Skull, Tomb Raider films and Uncharted all missing the mark despite big brands behind them. I prefer the likes of National Treasure and Romancing the Stone.

Why can’t anyone make great films in this genre anymore? Since the classic Indy trilogy we’ve had Crystal Skull, Tomb Raider films and Uncharted all missing the mark despite big brands behind them. I prefer the likes of National Treasure and Romancing the Stone.

I would also put Moon Knight up there as a missed opportunity. When they went to Egypt, I was hoping for some real Indiana Jones-style adventure but it was just kinda dull.

4/10 - As an action adventure movie this is about as average as it gets. As an adaptation of Uncharted it’s trash. Any semblance of excitement or fun happens during the last 20 minutes. Too little too late. And I realize I’m beating a dead horse here but Tom Holland is miscast.

4/10 - As an action adventure movie this is about as average as it gets. As an adaptation of Uncharted it’s trash. Any semblance of excitement or fun happens during the last 20 minutes. Too little too late. And I realize I’m beating a dead horse here but Tom Holland is miscast.
I’ve enjoyed your commentary as an adaptation of Uncharted more than the film. :up::D :csad:

Heck, even the second National Treasure was pretty fun. Better than most of the stuff we've had since at least.

This one is especially frustrating because the games were so good.

I saw this a while ago and didn't even feel the need to comment on it because I thought it was so generic and forgettable, but if I made a top 10 worst movies of the year list this would definitely be on there.

This was an absolute chore to sit through and as much as I like both Holland and Wahlberg as actors not even, they could save this, and I felt like Wahlberg was horribly miscast in this as well.

His whole performance felt phoned in to me and Holland is just playing himself which made it even less entertaining but at least he was trying although it helps that he has so much natural charisma as an actor. The action sequences were all pretty bland and dull IMO too with the exception of the finale.

I also just hate how fake so many of these modern action/adventure films look because I can tell like 99% of the time that I'm pretty much looking at a greenscreen which shouldn't be the case when you look at films like the first Tomb Raider from 2001, the National Treasure movies or the classic Indy films. Hell, even Prey which cost a lot less than this did handled those aspects better because at least all the environments looked and felt real.

Yeah there are honestly some movies out there that feel like they were meant to be watched on the back of the seat of the person in front of you on a Transatlantic flight. They aren’t movies you would pay to see in a theater and you probably would skip them on a streaming service because there are so many better options. But they feel right at home when your only other choices are a bunch of other movies you saw a long time ago, half a season of some series you never had any interest in, and a documentary about fishing in Iceland.

I gave this a 4 in the theaters but after watching it over the weekend on Netflix I bumped it to a 5/10. Maybe I was more relaxed or something but it felt right about where I viewed the rock movie red notice at. Semi enjoyable at home but really forgettable once it was over.

Yeah there are honestly some movies out there that feel like they were meant to be watched on the back of the seat of the person in front of you on a Transatlantic flight. They aren’t movies you would pay to see in a theater and you probably would skip them on a streaming service because there are so many better options. But they feel right at home when your only other choices are a bunch of other movies you saw a long time ago, half a season of some series you never had any interest in, and a documentary about fishing in Iceland.
This is one case where the person in front repeatedly moving their seat backwards and forwards or shaking wouldn't even annoy me lol.

This is one case where the person in front repeatedly moving their seat backwards and forwards or shaking, wouldn't even annoy me lol.

Hell, that might actually make it better during the part where Tom Holland is hopping around on a cargo net dangling from the back of a plane. A shaky screen might make it less obvious that he’s just jumping around in front of a green screen.

Hell, that might actually make it better during the part where Tom Holland is hopping around on a cargo net dangling from the back of a plane. A shaky screen might make it less obvious that he’s just jumping around in front of a green screen.
:funny:

Surprised they haven't announced a sequel to this yet as the first movie was quite successful in the end.

Surprised they haven't announced a sequel to this yet as the first movie was quite successful in the end.

very weird especially looking at Gray Man as a comparison how Netflix the same weekend announced sequels, spinoffs, tv shows etc.

Caught this on Netflix. I was bored to tears. First, Holland is just miscast. He’s basically playing Peter Parker again. And I had to laugh at some of the angles they used just to make him look a little taller.

Then you have Marky Mark mumbling through everything. He was way too clean cut and smooth around the edges to pass off as a Sully.

In a way I’m glad this movie finally got made so instead of speculating how much it would suck, we have proof in the pudding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"