Underworld

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
Who else is reading this?

And Are you loving it.

I was eagerly anticipating this book since it was announced. Because I Love Frank Tieri's writing. (I only really like Apocalypse vs Dracula) But weapon X was phenomenal, as was the follow up mini.

Then something happened....I missed it. I knew about it....it was always in the back on my mind somewhere but I missed the whole thing. until Wednesday. I saw issue 3 on the rak and was like "oh yeah"

I bought 1-3 and read them all at once (sometimes far better then waiting a month)

It is about a guy.....a mob goon for Silvermane who has spent the last 10 years in The Cage. Another one of Marvel Prisons. But this one had a power dampening field. And while there This goon (his name passes me) Beats the hell out of a lot of unpowered Super Villains. Cause he hates the whole power thing.

So he gets out and finds that th worls is very different. Silvermane is out of the game and the Kingpin isn't Kingpin anymore. And being in the business today is a ****ing hard thing to do without any powers.

If you are a fan of Tieri or lowlevel Super Villains in general then you should check this book out.

Whooooo!

I am. I like it. It's good.

Yeah, I like it. Not blowing me away or anything, but a nice read. I don't like that he's getting superpowers, though. That was sort of the charm of that character, that he didn't have them.

iloveclones said:
Yeah, I like it. Not blowing me away or anything, but a nice read. I don't like that he's getting superpowers, though. That was sort of the charm of that character, that he didn't have them.

Well, the question is, does he have actual superpowers? He's been dosed with a verion of the Super Soldier Serum. Technically that just makes him peak human. I think the argument can be made either way.

I'm getting it because it has the Punisher in it, but I haven't read it yet. I'm going to read it all in one shot when the final issue hits.

I don't really care for Tieri, and your description didn't really grab me. sorry

Spider-man guested one issue right? How'd that work out?

He pretty much just popped in for a couple pages. Nothing Pivitol to the story.

DBM said:
Well, the question is, does he have actual superpowers? He's been dosed with a verion of the Super Soldier Serum. Technically that just makes him peak human. I think the argument can be made either way.

Yeah, I know that was kind of vague, but you understand what I mean. I liked that he was just getting along amongst all these guys with nothing but his bad-assedness.

I'm enjoying it so far...a fun read.

I wish Marvel would do more stories from the villain's pov...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"