The Amazing Spider-Man "unresolved things" speculation

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
So, a lot of these threads are tired. A lot of bickering and so forth... So the following question is geared toward those who loved the movie and are thrilled about potential sequels.

Would've posted in the sequels thread but this is more hypothesis regarding what we know from the first film. What can we expect from the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man based on what we saw in the first film?

Here's some conversation fodder:
Man in the Shadows knows something about Richard Parker that they don't want Peter to know. What could it be?

It also seems to me the Man in the Shadows knows Peter is Spider-Man. If it turns out to be Osborn, Gwen is already in serious danger.

Richard Parker worked for Oscorp but quit after "shock and indignation" over something. Connors was not so righteous. Parker was killed shortly after.

Something about Peter is different. "How much would the foreign species take over?" "Hard to say considering none of the test subjects survived." Peter survived.

Osborn is sick/dying. What could be the ailment and how could cross-species genetics help to cure him?

It also seems to me the Man in the Shadows knows Peter is Spider-Man. If it turns out to be Osborn, Gwen is already in serious danger.

Richard Parker worked for Oscorp but quit after "shock and indignation" over something. Connors was not so righteous. Parker was killed shortly after.

Something about Peter is different. "How much would the foreign species take over?" "Hard to say considering none of the test subjects survived." Peter survived.

Osborn is sick/dying. What could be the ailment and how could cross-species genetics help to cure him?
1.- Gwen, imo will die in the film where GG appears obviously but she defently is.. i mean Capt. Stacy warned peter it could be fitting
2.-Connors knows Osborn killed the Parkers that is also a reason why he was distant to Peter because he was envolved
3.-i think Osborn will make a mix of crossed species and it would end up looking something like a Goblin or just cures him but he becomes MAD! i think they´ll go with a mix of Ultimate gobby and 616

I just thought it was interesting on my latest viewing that Osborn likely already knows Peter's identity. There wont be any scene similar to when Osborn sees a cut on Peter's arm. There won't be a moment of realization.

In fact, if we see Harry in ASM2 he will likely have been sent to Midtown in an attempt for Norman to get closer to Peter. Peter will likely be suspicious from day one.

I just thought it was interesting on my latest viewing that Osborn likely already knows Peter's identity. There wont be any scene similar to when Osborn sees a cut on Peter's arm. There won't be a moment of realization.

In fact, if we see Harry in ASM2 he will likely have been sent to Midtown in an attempt for Norman to get closer to Peter. Peter will likely be suspicious from day one.

This is very unfortunate for me. I'd love to see Osborn's realisation.

This made me think of what Ben's saying at the end of the movie... "You've been living with so many unresolved things." *shot of Ben's killer's wanted poster, picture of Peter's parents*... I don't think that was a coincidence.

Here's some conversation fodder:
Man in the Shadows knows something about Richard Parker that they don't want Peter to know. What could it be?

Honestly no idea, but can't wait to find out. :D

Indeed. Even if it's not and is somebody under "Norman's employ" (as Rhys said, lol) you still get the impression that the man and Norman know who Peter really is.

Yeah. Connors did seem very guilty at times when he was talking about Richard/when Ratha was talking to him about Richard, so I think that Connors was somehow involved in his death.

I don't think that Richard experimented on Peter for Oscorp or anything like that, I mean this is a guy who abandons his kid JUST so he could keep him safe. I have 2 theories about this, Richard does something to Peter (to protect him) should Peter ever get "exposed" to Richard's work, the powers are a side-effect. Nothing intended.

OR...

Richard was forced to experiment on himself (possibly under pressure from Osborn), down the line he meets Mary and they have Peter, Richard passes something that he had in his DNA, or an altered version of it or something to Peter unknowingly.

I mean there was dialogue in the game that states Peter wasn't exactly completely normal before the bite either, Connors says something along the lines of "There was something in your blood that saved you."... I'm assuming this wasn't pulled out of the gamemakers asses, considering the game ended up using plot elements from the movie that were scrapped from the movie itself (the Lizard or Ratha's bio states that Ratha was killed by the Lizard).

Again, no idea, lol, but I'm excited to find out... and read theories, of course. :D

Anyways nice job on making this thread, it's nice to have a thread that isn't just complaining along the lines of "THEY DIDN'T ANSWER ANYTHING, WAT WAS DA UNTOLD STORY? WHY DOES THIS MOVIE EXIST?"... :p

Not trying to derail the topic, but what about the other unresolved things? Like Dr.Ratha and the Lizard scene? I'm not here to complain, I'm just curious as to everyone's ideas of what would have happened in that scene?

This made me think of what Ben's saying at the end of the movie... "You've been living with so many unresolved things." *shot of Ben's killer's wanted poster, picture of Peter's parents*... I don't think that was a coincidence.

Yeah, I don't think that was a coincidence as well.

Not trying to derail the topic, but what about the other unresolved things? Like Dr.Ratha and the Lizard scene? I'm not here to complain, I'm just curious as to everyone's ideas of what would have happened in that scene?

1.- Deleted scene!
2.- they gave out all the mystery from that scne and they are saving it for a sequel

1.- Deleted scene!
2.- they gave out all the mystery from that scne and they are saving it for a sequel

Imo, I think they wanted to use Ratha for the sequel even if they wanted to kill him as he could play a "middle man" between Norman Osborn and Peter Parker in a sequel.

Imo, I think they wanted to use Ratha for the sequel even if they wanted to kill him as he could play a "middle man" between Norman Osborn and Peter Parker in a sequel.

that´s a little problem i have with TASM we don´t know if he survived , bridge scene and then he is gone , did capt. Stacy said if there were any deaths or just injured in the scene?
i´ll chack it when it comes out in bluray

Honestly no idea, but can't wait to find out. :D

Indeed. Even if it's not and is somebody under "Norman's employ" (as Rhys said, lol) you still get the impression that the man and Norman know who Peter really is.

Yeah. Connors did seem very guilty at times when he was talking about Richard/when Ratha was talking to him about Richard, so I think that Connors was somehow involved in his death.

I don't think that Richard experimented on Peter for Oscorp or anything like that, I mean this is a guy who abandons his kid JUST so he could keep him safe. I have 2 theories about this, Richard does something to Peter (to protect him) should Peter ever get "exposed" to Richard's work, the powers are a side-effect. Nothing intended.

OR...

Richard was forced to experiment on himself (possibly under pressure from Osborn), down the line he meets Mary and they have Peter, Richard passes something that he had in his DNA, or an altered version of it or something to Peter unknowingly.

I mean there was dialogue in the game that states Peter wasn't exactly completely normal before the bite either, Connors says something along the lines of "There was something in your blood that saved you."... I'm assuming this wasn't pulled out of the gamemakers asses, considering the game ended up using plot elements from the movie that were scrapped from the movie itself (the Lizard or Ratha's bio states that Ratha was killed by the Lizard).

Again, no idea, lol, but I'm excited to find out... and read theories, of course. :D

Anyways nice job on making this thread, it's nice to have a thread that isn't just complaining along the lines of "THEY DIDN'T ANSWER ANYTHING, WAT WAS DA UNTOLD STORY? WHY DOES THIS MOVIE EXIST?"... :p

So I think if pandering to fans is even a tool in Sony's belt, by now they know we don't want to see an AngHulk origin. To me, its slightly uninteresting. But in that regard, Richard Parker didn't have to experiment on himself/his own child. Someone could have done it against his will. Conjecture of course:

Osborn drugs Richard Parker and makes him the subject of his own formula which is passed onto Peter and protects him from the spider venom. OR Peter is kidnapped at a very young age to much the same conclusion. That is when Richard Parker felt indignant.

Dr. Ratha, in his last scene was unconscious in the car hanging from the bridge. Assuming he survived, he wouldve needed medical attention but shortly after wouldve gone back to work to tell Osborn about Connors' transformation. They would've felt no responsibility at fixing the situation and likely wouldve denied any existence of the Lizard.

I assume Ratha may return as a lackey to Osborn but more of a background character. I honestly can't say, they removed the scene/death scene? for a reason. I guess they need him alive?

So I think if pandering to fans is even a tool in Sony's belt, by now they know we don't want to see an AngHulk origin. To me, its slightly uninteresting. But in that regard, Richard Parker didn't have to experiment on himself/his own child. Someone could have done it against his will. Conjecture of course:

Osborn drugs Richard Parker and makes him the subject of his own formula which is passed onto Peter and protects him from the spider venom. OR Peter is kidnapped at a very young age to much the same conclusion. That is when Richard Parker felt indignant.

Yeah, well, maybe Richard experimented on himself because he didn't want to put anybody else in danger? Somewhat heroic, I guess. lol

"Did you tell the boy the truth about his father."

Also really sounds like RP is still alive. I've heard this theory before, but what on earth could they have kept him alive for 10 years for? Is he being tortured for the truth about his formula? Is he being kept alive as leverage to use against Peter because Peter's blood is the only one that successfully sustained the formula?

Personally I think Peter was going to be given the choice by Ratha or Connors between being a hero and stopping the Lizard or learning some truth about his parents. Probably some implication that the cops could handle the Lizard and then Peter decides to be the hero.

My theory is the story is going to kind of follow the ultimate venom story where Richard Parker used his own DNA in the cross species experiments (rather than to make the ultimate symbiote).

Its pretty clear theres a lot of things in common here.

Ultimate: Richard is working on a cure for cancer.
AMS: Richard is working on a cure for an unknown disease.

Ultimate:The cure bonds and reacts to Peter and Eddie because it was made with their parents DNA.
AMS: Peters DNA for some reason caused him to become the perfect cross-species.

Ultimate: Richard and Mary had to go away because of their work on the cure and left Peter with May and Ben.
AMS: Richard and Mary were threatened because of his work and had to hide Peter with May and Ben.

Ultimate: Richard and Mary Died in a plane crash.
AMS: Richard and Mary Died in a plane crash.

I'd say it's a safe bet we're going to see this culminate in AMS version of Venom.

As long as its done well. I don't hate the Venom cancer-suit, but I prefer the alien symbiote. If they do some hybrid of the two stories I'd be happy. For instance, the symbiote still comes to earth like normal, but only Peter is able to withstand it's influence because of his father's work. And maybe Eddie is attacked by the symbiote and Peter saves him by injecting him with the serum.

I think they likely dropped the Ratha sub-plot because it tied into the whole "Ang-Hulk" storyline of how Peter's dad experimented on him,thus making him "fated" to be Spider-Man.Smarter heads probably realised at the last minute that wasn't the wisest direction to take,thus editing it out.

I doubt we'll see Ratha again.

As long as its done well. I don't hate the Venom cancer-suit, but I prefer the alien symbiote. If they do some hybrid of the two stories I'd be happy. For instance, the symbiote still comes to earth like normal, but only Peter is able to withstand it's influence because of his father's work. And maybe Eddie is attacked by the symbiote and Peter saves him by injecting him with the serum.

I don't think it'll be a full blown cancer suit but I think it's going to follow the ultimate parents story.

EDIT: I think that Richard used his DNA to make the cross species process, but something happened and he decided against continuing it. Peter being his son and having half his genetics, was able to survive the cross Species Spider-Bite because of this.

Last edited:
I don't think it'll be a full blown cancer suit but I think it's going to follow the ultimate parents story.

EDIT: I think that Richard used his DNA to make the cross species process, but something happened and he decided against continuing it. Peter being his son and having half his genetics, was able to survive the cross Species Spider-Bite because of this.

I like that. That'll be my working theory until further notice. :D

That means there was no accident and no irresponsible parenting (testing on his son). And that would be plenty of reason for Richard to flee. If Oscorp doesn't have access to his work or his blood they basically have nothing.

Now why did RP want to set Oscorp back? Was it just basic immoralities and unethical business practices? Were they planning to make biological weapons?

I like that. That'll be my working theory until further notice. :D

That means there was no accident and no irresponsible parenting (testing on his son). And that would be plenty of reason for Richard to flee. If Oscorp doesn't have access to his work or his blood they basically have nothing.

Now why did RP want to set Oscorp back? Was it just basic immoralities and unethical business practices? Were they planning to make biological weapons?

It would also explain why the shadowy figure has an interest in Peter and might know he's Spider-Man.

Are people honestly going to hate it if we find out that Richard either passed something down to Peter, or if Richard did something to Peter to protect him in case he got exposed to his work?

It would also explain why the shadowy figure has an interest in Peter and might know he's Spider-Man.

:up: i would like to see Osborn trying to get Peter by blackmailing him about his parents and /or Gwen´s safety (not May because they did it in SM1)

Are people honestly going to hate it if we find out that Richard either passed something down to Peter, or if Richard did something to Peter to protect him in case he got exposed to his work?

in AngHulk Banner's father injects him with the serum out of desperation. Not because he was trying to protect him. That's the only thing id think is weird. I probably wouldn't enjoy seeing that.

But if its more like what you said, I'd probably be fine. It just doesnt seem like thats the case, his Richard Parker was up to something. Though it likely wasn't his intent to harm Peter or experiment on him in the name of science.

in AngHulk Banner's father injects him with the serum out of desperation. Not because he was trying to protect him. That's the only thing id think is weird. I probably wouldn't enjoy seeing that.

But if its more like what you said, I'd probably be fine. It just doesnt seem like thats the case, his Richard Parker was up to something. Though it likely wasn't his intent to harm Peter or experiment on him in the name of science.

Yeah, the only way I'd be fine with having Peter altered, is if it was either done to protect him... or well, if it was something passed down from Richard. Nothing else.

Or the theory that Richard used his own DNA in the cross-species stuff, I wouldn't mind that either.

Nice thread, pr0xy! I remember when fans were freaking out because of the origin change thing. I don't think it would necessarily be Ang Lee-ing the origin. Here are some scenarios on the origin change:

-Richard tested the formula on himself before he met Mary. When they had Peter, some of Richard's DNA that was exposed to the formula was inherited by Peter, if you will, which is the reason why Peter didn't die from the bite.

-Richard wanted Peter to be able to with stand disease and infections. So he injected him with the formula, but it did nothing. Not until he was bit by the spider. Which would mean that the formula only works if it has something mixed into it. Spider venom, lizard blood, scorpion venom, etc.

I would go with using the 1st scenario. It makes more sense.

If Peter was born with the formula born in his system, it wouldn't mean that he would have enhanced abilities. I feel like that's what fans are worried about that he was already super before the bite. Well there wrong, obviously.

In conclusion to my thoughts, I am completely okay with an origin change. I'm sorta glad they didn't have the changed origin explained in this movie. It would give the sequels more climaxes. Sequels are always the best chance to explain things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"