The Dark Knight Upper Midwestern States Dentmobile (IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokersminion

I got my puddin
Reaction score
I plan on being at the one on Cincinnati Mills Dr. at 11am. I am driving 2 hours to get there, anyone else plan on going to this or the other Cincy one's?

minion, I'm trying to consolidate some of the Dentmobile stuff. There are too many of these things that don't have real activity as is. There's a little more detail here.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=298004

In the meanwhile, try to hook up with some other Cincinnati users in the Dentmobile Map/Tour thread. If it turns out there's a number of you all who want to talk about the Cincy stop specifically, I'll be happy to open this back up.

OK, so I got all merge-like with this. :o

In addition to Cincinnati, let this serve as the discussion spot, specific for Dentmobile stops in:
  • Ann Arbor (Go Blue! :up:);
  • Columbus (Eww, Buckeyes. :down);
  • East Lansing (Boo State! :down);
  • Madison;
  • Minneapolis; and
  • South Bend

Seven cities seems like a lot, but I'm of the mind that some of these spots aren't going to get that much chatter. If I'm woefully wrong on this, let me know and we'll do something to even things out better. Hope this works for everyone interested.

Good organizational skills you got there Mister J!
So who is gonna be in CINCY today???

Huntress and Robin will be at the Kenwood Mall (not that far from Cincy Mills, minion, you should come on by.)

Yes, we are maturationally impaired. But come on, it'll be FUN to get thrown out of a mall in superhero costumes.

I'll be at Cincy Mills to scope it out, before going to Kenwood as Robin :cwink:

Intrepid Field Reporter Cadet is currently reporting no-show at Cincinnati Mills :(

Intrepid Field Reporter Cadet is currently reporting no-show at Cincinnati Mills :(

Any updates? I skipped out on work to go to the one in Kenwood. It is raining outside but still. Junk is gonna hit the fan if I go up there and they no show.

He left about 12:30 and hadn't seen them yet. Not sure if they ever showed. I'm still going to Kenwood though, but not in costume. :( Not taking the chance of getting thrown out of the mall/arrested while wearing spandez on my lunchbreak.

Sorry bout the other thread Mister J. I'm just steamed about the no show and didn't think to look for another thread. My bad dude.

Not a problem.

I've been reading about a few similar situations; no-shows, cops breaking up the thing practically as soon as it starts, etc. It sucks. This is a good idea that a lot of people seemed excited about and so far, it's kinda hit or miss. Hope it pans out better as it goes along.

Hey I was in Madison and got some swag. Are you compiling a report or something?

The workers were on the street, I think taping up Dent Flyers on Posts. There wasn't a table or anything by the time I got there, but they were gathering together for a lunch break. I took a few pics of the Dentmobile, and they gave me a t-shirt from the back of it.

I also asked about any future viral plans, but the guy only told me to keep track of the website to see what's going on next.

I work at Showcase Cinemas in the Cincinnati Mills mall, and all day, all kinds of people kept coming up and asking me about it. I felt bad, because I know lots of them drove a pretty good distance.

Apparently the mall knew nothing about this, and when they learned of it, they called us and asked if it had something to do with us. Somewhere I guess they had heard a rumor of about 600 people showing up.

So, I guess since the mall didn't know about it, they weren't going to let it go on. They even called the police and stuff just in case they had to break something up. Dumb idea in my opinion, that mall is so dead, it maybe could have been good for them to let it happen.

I'm pretty sure someone told me that the white "I Believe In Harvey Dent" van was outside, so it doesn't sound like a no show. Sounds like the mall was just being stupid.

Unfortunately, I had to work from 10:45-6, so I wouldn't have got the chance to be a part of anything anyways. Still, it would've been cool to know that it happened at the mall I work at.

Some of you might have even come up to me and asked me about it. I was bombarded with people asking me.

So far this thread seems to be all about Cinci...

Anyone going to be at the Target Center in Minneapolis next Friday? I'll be there!

LibraryKrystal, I'll be there unless I have a job interview. :whatever:

GQ Joker and I will prolly end up following the Dentmobile around all day since we have nothing better to do.

-Bri

LibraryKrystal, I'll be there unless I have a job interview. :whatever:

GQ Joker and I will prolly end up following the Dentmobile around all day since we have nothing better to do.

-Bri

Sweet. I work until 2 that day, so I can't make it to the MOA stop. I'd have to walk home and get my car after Minne to make to the St. Paul stop, so my making it to that one is iffy... but maayyyyybe... ! I'll be at the Target Center no matter what though. No. Matter. What. Sounds like I'll being seeing ya there then. :word:

i live in cincy but i was in myrtle beach all week AHHHH how was it at kenwood?

Kenwood was actually pretty sad... There were 10 or so of us, it was pouring rain, and mall management was not notified in advance and they were not thrilled. We were on eggshells waiting for them to make the van leave, so we didn't get to hand out stickers or use the megaphones or anything. I don't think they stayed very long. It was cool though.

Very poor planning on the marketing firm's part, not to check with these locations in advance about promoting the movie!

I live in Chicago (and hit the Dentmobile when it came here!), but my family lives in Michigan. I'm heading back for Easter weekend, and I are going to make a stop in Ann Arbor to hit that rally too!

Is anyone else planning to go to the MI stops (East Lansing and Ann Arbor)? Haven't seen any other fans from the area...

Anyone going tomorrow or the next day?

I am pumped for tomorrow at the Target Center!

The sad part - even though it is officially spring now, our forecast calls for snow tomorrow. I hope the Dentmobilers know how to drive in it!

Wow, it's a Severe Weather Alert -

"SNOW...POSSIBLY MIXED WITH RAIN FOR A BRIEF TIME...WILL SPREAD OVER WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA EARLY THIS EVENING... THEN ADVANCE TOWARD EAST CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST MINNESOTA BY MIDNIGHT. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BECOME MODERATE TO HEAVY IN NATURE DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS...AND PERSIST THROUGH MUCH OF THE DAY ON FRIDAY. SOME AREAS MAY PICK UP ONLY FOUR INCHES... WHILE ISOLATED SPOTS RECEIVE EIGHT INCHES OF WET SNOW. THERE SHOULD BE A FEW PERIODS WHEN SNOW SHOWERS BECOME HEAVY... RESULTING IN VISIBILITIES UNDER ONE HALF MILE."

I'm moving away before next winter. :csad:

Did anyone go the the Ann Arbor one here in Michigan? I totally forgot. :(

:cmad: No Dentmobile for MN? :cmad:

Our day of Denting started after we dropped off the tot at grandma's for the day.Then a stop at ihop for a little breakfast and planning. Mall of America, 11:30, game time, scheduled start time 12:00. We had 11 people covering all of the entrances and ramps, (MOA is a big place), The thing never came. We made the most of it and shot some video. We'll see what comes of that, stay tuned, should be fun.

The day continued after a quick snack break. To the Target Canter for the 5:00 start time. No Dentmobile, It's too bad, it would of been a great crowd. We stood out in the cold with around 30 other people freezing our butts off, (see LibraryKrystal's report about the weather alert). We never ventured to the St. Paul location we couldn't deal with anymore disappointment, not to mention the fear of hypothermia.

The stinker part about it we stopped into Hot Topic after a tip from some other Dent supporters at the MOA, where the guy working said that there were people handing out bunches of Dent stuff the Saturday before. How could they completely get the date wrong when it's posted plainly on the Dent site? What a crock, who is responsible! I want blood! or at least some t-shirts.

At least we got to meet some other local Bat-Fans. Maybe we'll see you guys around opining night if WB remembers to send out the prints of the film. :whatever:

-Bri

P.s. we have some shots of the disappointed crowds at the different locations. We'll post them later so we can share our pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"