Supergirl Use of Kryptonite during Myriad?

SuperDan007

Civilian
Reaction score
I was watching the S2 EP2 the other night, and have just recently watched the last 2 episodes of S1 which included Myriad.

In S2 EP2, Jonn and Superman argue about the use of Kryptonite after Supergirl is injured by Metallo. In that argument, Superman says "If you had gotten rid of it (Kryptonite) when I told you too..." and Jonn cuts across him and says "We would've been helpless when Non and Astra launched Myriad, or have you forgotten that it was a force that even the Man of Steel couldn't defeat?"

My question is, when did the DEO use Kryptonite to defeat Myriad? The only time that I can see Kryptonite being used during Myriad is at the start when Lucy is shooting at Supergirl, and by Alex when she is having the fight with Supergirl. From what I can see, it was never used by the DEO to defeat Myriad. Did I miss something?

The launch of Myriad was supposed to happen back in episode "For The Girl Who Has Everything"...but before it could be totally launched at that time Astra was killed by Alex and the Kryptonite Sword. That slowed them down....

They used Kryptonite on multiple occasions throughout their struggles with Astra/Non. They used it in their first fight with Astra, in the fight with Non's forces at Maxwell Lord's place, to keep Astra imprisoned, to kill Astra when they were going to activate Myriad the first time around. I'm pretty sure that entire period is what J'onn was referring to, not just the moment Myriad was activated. It's not what ultimately saved them - that was all Supergirl/J'onn/Cat/Lord - but it did help them often.

They used Kryptonite on multiple occasions throughout their struggles with Astra/Non. They used it in their first fight with Astra, in the fight with Non's forces at Maxwell Lord's place, to keep Astra imprisoned, to kill Astra when they were going to activate Myriad the first time around. I'm pretty sure that entire period is what J'onn was referring to, not just the moment Myriad was activated. It's not what ultimately saved them - that was all Supergirl/J'onn/Cat/Lord - but it did help them often.

Also Kryptonite was used to power Alex's combat suit with which she was almost able to kill Kara with. Whoops, I guess that sort of proved Superman's point. I guess J'onn forgot about that.

Or he was hoping Superman didn't know about that, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"