Utopia - Graphic Novel Conspiracy Theory Violent Thiller

Oh my...

Series 1 blew my mind and Series 2 has exceeded.

That whole 4:3 ratio for the 70's flashback prequel thing was genuis. I couldn't believe how well "Ygrette" was for young Milner.

Loved seeing the old crew again in episode 2; this season has huge potential once again...

Also, coole to see Emperor Palpatine in this show.

the prequel episode was great. poor RB :csad:

I don't think I've seen so many people shot in the head outside of a zombie show.

Last edited:
This shows score is so wonderful, as well.

It's reminiscent of Sigur Rós, Explosions In The Sky, and M83. Really Jónsi when they do that weird hollow voice sound...

Just watched the DVD of the first series.

Excellent story telling in six episodes. Can't wait for the 2nd.

Lee the polite hit man's
gory and comical murder of Ian's boss was almost slapstick

I loved the banter between Lee and Wilson. I'm not sure if Wilson Wilson is going full villain or not

Ian remains an idiot.
Jessica's obsession with him is creepy.

Ian McDiarmid and Tom Burke don't look much alike so it was a unexpected reveal that McDiarmid was the older Phillip Carver

The Hacker kid was pure Utopia quirky.

Bridget
was too smart for her own good
I thought Dugdale might actually grow a pair for a second.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new guy playing Donaldson.

That murder in the office building was magnificent. I love when this show does long takes with it's wide lens.

Totally saw the Carver reveal, he wears the sea coat.

Hacker kid was gold, even this show's side characters are awesome.

Tom Burke should play Kubrick in a bio-pic.

Holy cow that opening
sleeper agent's family murder-suicide

Ian's Nigerian accent :funny:
poor Ian's brother :csad:

Anyone else think they are
setting Wilson Wilson up to be the new head of the network?

I think Milner will die this season with Wilson embracing the dark side and becoming the new Mr Rabbit.

The translator Miles scenes were very funny.

I think
Anton might of chosen Jessica's bloodline as one that survives and Ian has got her pregnant.

Poor Dugdale's family being held hostage

Surprised to see Donaldson die so quickly.

When is someone going to kill Lee the happy go lucky agent of death die?

I hope Grant kills him.

I don't think I can hear someone say matey with it sounding sinister now :)

Despite his betrayal of the team, I loves me some RB ;)

Oh my...

This episode was soooooooo damn good, my mind is blown.

Holy F.

You never go full Bond villain... Wilson Wilson.

I called it on Wilson Wilson.

I had a feeling Becky's
deel's illness was induced

They sure love having people get their brains blown out the back of their head in this show.

I'm currently on episode 2 of the first series. Interesting so far but nothing that's grabbed me yet.

This is not the kind of show to "grab" me but at 6 episodes I'll finish the whole story. At episode 4 now. Great story so far if not a little WTF.

This show is magnificent... wonderful plot, characters, comedy, drama, and horror.

And, to boot; the cinematography is the best on film or tv these days.

I love how quirky the show is. For all the dark murderous fate of the world stuff they still put in lots of offbeat humour. I don't think the show would be as entertaining if it was done dead serious.

I watched the first season and i loved the show. It's one of the best TV shows out there right now. I can't wait to start watching the second season.

Just finished season 2 and something popped into mind:
Philip Carvel in the first episode has a cleft lip, "Anton" however doesnt, but the guy who is drowned in petrol in prison did, So am thinking was that the real Carvel?

Just finished season 2 and something popped into mind:
Philip Carvel in the first episode has a cleft lip, "Anton" however doesnt, but the guy who is drowned in petrol in prison did, So am thinking was that the real Carvel?

I don't think so. Anton knew too much about Janus and how he acted around his kids seemed genuine but you never know with this show.

Tom Burke and Iran McDiarmid don't alike. I think they were hired simply because they are good actors. Burke played Ryan goslings brother in only god forgives.

I don't think so. Anton knew too much about Janus and how he acted around his kids seemed genuine but you never know with this show.

Tom Burke and Iran McDiarmid don't alike. I think they were hired simply because they are good actors. Burke played Ryan goslings brother in only god forgives.

Fair enough, in a TV Show about Conspiracies I got too cynical not believing everything. I kind of wish we got slightly more of Tom Burke and Rose Leslie as that one episode made me really like the characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"