Vaughn's Danger Room Storyboards & Sentinel Head Pics

Well ignoring this page with the on and off B!tc# fight :p.

LOL nice find Theweepeople. I still don't see how FOX was happy to get WB's sloppy left over's but that was great "creative differences" LOL i thought Nell ment it as a defense towards Ratner when apparantley no it was not :p. (no offense Nell)

LOL PRINCE OF KRYPTON, CIVIL WAR!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

gambitfire said:

LOL nice find Theweepeople. I still don't see how FOX was happy to get WB's sloppy left over's but that was great "creative differences" LOL i thought Nell ment it as a defense towards Ratner when apparantley no it was not :p. (no offense Nell)

Whether Ratner left WB for creative differences or not is irrelevant for me now. I don't believe he did but, what bothered me about the article is he praised the script Peters and Abrams wrote. Then he went on Aint't It Cool news and lied about changes being made to the script due to fan negativity. No movie company with comic book movie rights should have considered him as their director for these adaptations.

ROTFLMAO!!! I KNOW....

Somene help me find my ass, i lost it again.

RedIsNotBlue said:
*Sighs*

No I didn't. I said he was considering unknowns not ONLY. Do I have to keep repeating myself over and over to get it through your thick skull?? And I know Caviezel was considered but I don't think it was first but very late in the game but I could be wrong. I guess your misintrepreting me as I am with you.
Brett also offered the role to 'star names' like Tom Welling, Paul Walker, Josh Hartnett and Brendan Fraser. All of those guys turned it down.

Retroman said:
Brett also offered the role to 'star names' like Tom Welling, Paul Walker, Josh Hartnett and Brendan Fraser. All of those guys turned it down.

Lol...how many times do I have to say I know that?? This feels like at least 5 or 6. I am simply saying Ratner was ALSO looking at unknowns but WB was pushing for a name. And that with Singer they basically just let him do whatever.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Lol...how many times do I have to say I know that?? This feels like at least 5 or 6. I am simply saying Ratner was ALSO looking at unknowns but WB was pushing for a name. And that with Singer they basically just let him do whatever.
Just thought i'd say it again in case you forgot.:oldrazz:

gambitfire said:

That's one way to win a debate. Can't beat them with facts? try insults :)

LOL nice find Theweepeople. I still don't see how FOX was happy to get WB's sloppy left over's but that was great "creative differences"
That also confirms my suspicions that WB actually respects the integrity of their franchise. Upon seeing Brett Rat Nest's ideas for a superman film, I can't blame them for wanting to do dump him That's not a re-interpretation of anything. That's a drug induced hallucination!

I really thought that was a joke. Then I realized that it was a real script and someone actually believed what they were writing. :wow:

Theweepeople said:
Whether Ratner left WB for creative differences or not is irrelevant for me now. I don't believe he did but, what bothered me about the article is he praised the script Peters and Abrams wrote. Then he went on Aint't It Cool news and lied about changes being made to the script due to fan negativity. No movie company with comic book movie rights should have considered him as their director for these adaptations.

He has an over-active imagination. Not the kind that lets you be creative, but the kind that a power-gamer uses when he tries to single-handedly take out an entire kingdom with his Level 87 Elven Mage :woot:

I'm surprised though about that script. There's one thing missing: Ninjas! Where the heck are the ninjas! They put everything in but forgot about Kryptonian ninjas? i'm disappointed

Retroman said:
Just thought i'd say it again i case forgot.:oldrazz:

Well tell me again because even though I have continually said it I still don't really know. :cwink:

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well tell me again because even though I have continually said it I still don't really know. :cwink:
*grabs megaphone*

ntcrawler said:
He has an over-active imagination. Not the kind that lets you be creative, but the kind that a power-gamer uses when he tries to single-handedly take out an entire kingdom with his Level 87 Elven Mage :woot:

I'm surprised though about that script. There's one thing missing: Ninjas! Where the heck are the ninjas! They put everything in but forgot about Kryptonian ninjas? i'm disappointed

Another thing about the article that shocked me was the WB were convinced this new spin on Superman would turn into a trilogy. You would think Ratner, Abrams, and Peters would have immediately made changes to the script after the backlash of 95% of the fans who read it. Even rival comic book writer Stan Lee was outraged by all the changes made and may have joined the internet petition against the film.

Theweepeople said:
Another thing about the article that shocked me was the WB were convinced this new spin on Superman would turn into a trilogy. You would think Ratner, Abrams, and Peters would have immediately made changes to the script after the backlash of 95% of the fans who read it. Even rival comic book writer Stan Lee was outraged by all the changes made and may have joined the internet petition against the film.

OH really now? So you're saying there was a massive backlash against this concept of Superman, even coming from a rival comic book writer?

That certainly buries the concept of "there's nothing we can do", huh?

Perhaps that's why Ratner when making X3 was working under the attitude of "don't listen to anybody", having been slapped from the Superman project? :)

^LOL.

That's right Ratner just ignore the fans we don't matter at all.

:)

Theweepeople said:
You would think Ratner, Abrams, and Peters would have immediately made changes to the script after the backlash of 95% of the fans who read it.

You would think that Kinberg, Penn, and Ratner would make changes to the script after 95% of the fanbase made their opinions WELL known about the fate of Cyclops...

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
You would think that Kinberg, Penn, and Ratner would make changes to the script after 95% of the fanbase made their opinions WELL known about the fate of Cyclops...

Too late by then. And the studio had made its mind up - Kinberg, Penn and Ratner were following orders.

What we really all want is the impossible - to see a cut of the entire movie in enough time to get our concerns heard and acted upon so the movie is changed. But that never happens - by the time we view the movie, it's too late to change anything.

X-Maniac said:
Too late by then. And the studio had made its mind up - Kinberg, Penn and Ratner were following orders.

Yes, this was a directive from management, overruling the writers. Best they could come up with was a vague death scene.

What we really all want is the impossible - to see a cut of the entire movie in enough time to get our concerns heard and acted upon so the movie is changed. But that never happens - by the time we view the movie, it's too late to change anything.

Oh, so that's why Highlander 2 was re-editted and parts redone in order to take away all that nonesense about Planet Zeist. But of course that didn't happen, because that would be impossible, to address fan concerns like that :)

It would be great for a studio to handpick a few posters, bloggers, and fansite groupies to come on to production or view a rough cut and state their opinions.

chaseter said:
It would be great for a studio to handpick a few posters, bloggers, and fansite groupies to come on to production or view a rough cut and state their opinions.

I agree..... as long as they could filter out the total nutters, we should have more say. Some would be more clued up on the feel of the story, others on the portrayal of popular characters. A more direct hotline to Hollywood is needed on these types of movies.

The moviegoing public is much harder to please these days, and movies based on long-established characters in other media will have a huge fanbase watching every move. It shows in the way people are involving themselves in fanfics, wanting to do personal recuts of all three movies (I want to do that myself) and posting X4 ideas on here. It's also very, very visible in the astonishing dissatisfaction in the SR forums.

ntcrawler said:
Oh, so that's why Highlander 2 was re-editted and parts redone in order to take away all that nonesense about Planet Zeist. But of course that didn't happen, because that would be impossible, to address fan concerns like that :)

That was rather a different situation though, much more extreme... Spiralling production costs, control snatched away from the director, the director himself furious at the theatrical cut...

X-Maniac said:
That was rather a different situation though, much more extreme... Spiralling production costs, control snatched away from the director, the director himself furious at the theatrical cut...

So you agree that it can be done, yes or no?

Now let's see: Spiraling production costs... yes that applies to X3. Control snatched away from the director... yes that applies also to X3. I suppose the only difference is that Ratner actually loves the final result compared to Highlander 2's director who was furious.

Not to mention that that movie had a rather... mixed response from fans and the director wanted to fix it and do it right.

In addition, I understand that Donner is re-editing Superman II to produce what he feels is his rightful, better, more appropriate version. and the DVD will be out this November. Now let's see... Superman II was released in 1982, so that means it's obviously been playing in theatres for years and years so that nothing about it can be done, right?

ntcrawler said:
So you agree that it can be done, yes or no?

Now let's see: Spiraling production costs... yes that applies to X3. Control snatched away from the director... yes that applies also to X3. I suppose the only difference is that Ratner actually loves the final result compared to Highlander 2's director who was furious.

Not to mention that that movie had a rather... mixed response from fans and the director wanted to fix it and do it right.

In addition, I understand that Donner is re-editing Superman II to produce what he feels is his rightful, better, more appropriate version. and the DVD will be out this November. Now let's see... Superman II was released in 1982, so that means it's obviously been playing in theatres for years and years so that nothing about it can be done, right?

Yes, it's possible.

I would like to see recut versions of all three movies to incorporate deleted scenes. I don't think X3 will be remade... but an 'X4' in a few years could easily 'correct' some things about the X3 movie.

However, some characters are going to have to be be written out, cut or marginalised or the actors changed, because there's no way they can keep the same cast for ever (actors age, move on, don't want to come back, can't come back), and it wouldn't be fair on the other characters in the X-universe who deserve inclusion. So we can't have the same cast, and we can't just keep adding to the cast. Some characters will have to 'move on' in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"