'Vengeance Unbound' Updates Thread

Ixnay Unbound

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey gang, I've put up a new update for Vengeance Unbound if anyone wants to check it out. This time I've put up write-ups and reviews for the following issues, which comprise the storyarc that brought Ghost Rider back to life after his "death" in the mid 90s and launched the short-lived Blaze ongoing series.

Here's what got reviewed:
Ghost Rider # 49 (vol. 2)
Spirits of Vengeance # 22
Ghost Rider # 50 (vol. 2)
Spirits of Vengeance # 23
Blaze # 1
Blaze # 2
Blaze # 3

Vengeance Unbound

thanx for theupdate and hey ixnay its me the guy who emailed u about issue 94 good 2 c u

Vengeance Unbound

This update we take a look back at a few milestones: J.M. DeMatteis' first issue on Ghost Rider; John Blaze's reintroduction in the 1990s; and the first appearance of Vengeance. Also, recoil in horror at one of the worst Ghost Rider stories ever from the pages of Marvel Comics Presents!

Issues Reviewed:
Ghost Rider # 67 (vol. 1)
Ghost Rider # 14 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider # 34 (vol. 2)
Marvel Comics Presents # 119
Marvel Comics Presents # 120
Marvel Comics Presents # 121
Marvel Comics Presents # 122
Spirits of Vengeance # 9

IU, you should try to keep these updates to one thread. It'll bump to the top as you post in it, as I'm sure you know.

Thanks for the update, btw.

http://ghostrider.omegacen.com/

Change your bookmarks, because that's the new location for Vengeance Unbound posted above. I've also put up a new update for you to gander at, taking a look back at the first two chapters of "Rise of the Midnight Sons", the issue that first gave us the infamous hellfire motorcycle, and Vengeance's first solo story in the pages of Marvel Comics presents!

Issues Reviewed:
Ghost Rider # 3 (vol. 1)
Ghost Rider # 28 (vol. 2)
Spirits of Vengeance # 1
Marvel Comics Presents # 147
Marvel Comics Presents # 148
Marvel Comics Presents # 149

done and done...
thanks for the update! :up:

VU returns with a host of new reviews, including looks at the two most recent issues of the current ongoing series. Plus, one of the issues reviewed is my all-time favorite comic book! Which one is it? Read on to find out, my ghostly friends!

Though I do have to preface the reviews with this warning: fans of the current series might *really* disagree with my opinion on # 4. But hey, at least I enjoyed # 5! Heh.

Vengeance Unbound

Issues Reviewed
Avengers # 214
Ghost Rider # 12 (vol. 1)
Ghost Rider # 69 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider # 2 (vol. 4)
Ghost Rider # 4 (vol. 5)
Ghost Rider # 5 (vol. 5)
Peter Parker: Spider-Man # 93

i really wish i could review comics good because i would love to help add comics on the site.

Well, Pie, you can always suggest issues for me to review in upcoming updates...that's actually an open invitation to anyone here. If there's a certain issue or storyline you'd like to see reviewed on Vengeance Unbound, just let me know and I'll make it happen. :)

Ixnay Unbound said:
VU returns with a host of new reviews, including looks at the two most recent issues of the current ongoing series. Plus, one of the issues reviewed is my all-time favorite comic book! Which one is it? Read on to find out, my ghostly friends!

Though I do have to preface the reviews with this warning: fans of the current series might *really* disagree with my opinion on # 4. But hey, at least I enjoyed # 5! Heh.

Vengeance Unbound

Issues Reviewed
Avengers # 214
Ghost Rider # 12 (vol. 1)
Ghost Rider # 69 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider # 2 (vol. 4)
Ghost Rider # 4 (vol. 5)
Ghost Rider # 5 (vol. 5)
Peter Parker: Spider-Man # 93

Man I couldnt help but read almost all your reviews. You write very nicely and I cant hep but agree with you on almost all your points. Im glad your website is up and running again.

I remember when I first came upon your website, there were rumours speculating whether GR was going to be in a movie, whether a new series or mini series was in the works. I remember your interview with Howard Mackie, and was in awe as to how you pulled it off.

Thanks for keeping us updated as always, and keep up the good work!

Midnyte_Sun said:
Man I couldnt help but read almost all your reviews. You write very nicely and I cant hep but agree with you on almost all your points. Im glad your website is up and running again.

I remember when I first came upon your website, there were rumours speculating whether GR was going to be in a movie, whether a new series or mini series was in the works. I remember your interview with Howard Mackie, and was in awe as to how you pulled it off.

Thanks for keeping us updated as always, and keep up the good work!

Thanks, Midnyte! It's been a long road for Vengeance Unbound, and while the site is certainly in a different place (not just location, lol) than it was at the beginning, I think I'm happiest with it as it is now. As for the interviews, I'm working on getting those back on the site in the near future...what sucks the most is that I had an awesome interview with Ivan Velez saved on my computer while the site was off the 'net. Then my computer crashed, and I lost everything - including that interview.

But yeah, glad you're enjoying my meager opinions!

Okay, so I had some free time this morning after writing that reply, and all of the creator interviews I did for the old site have been reloaded onto the new one. While some of the information in them are out of date (the interviews were done in 2003 and 2004), there's still a wealth of information contained in them. I want to thank Tony Isabella, Larry Hama, Pop Mhan, Howard Mackie, and JM DeMatteis for being cool enough to do the interviews in the first place...and who knows, maybe I'll be able to get a few new ones in the near future.

Well, Howard Mackie, Javier Saltares and MSJ are all active posters on the site. And they always seem open to answer our barrage of questions.

It's a Very Special Post-Christmas Update here at Vengeance Unbound, where we're bringing you tales of Witch Women, body jumping Scarecrows, races through Hell, and more ninjas than you can shake a severed reindeer leg at!

Vengeance Unbound!

Issues Reviewed
Marvel Spotlight # 11
Ghost Rider # 76 (vol. 1)
Marvel Comics Presents # 137
Marvel Comics Presents # 138
Marvel Comics Presents # 139
Ghost Rider # 84 (vol. 2)

Awesome updates! Thanks for sharing. Of all the sites, yours is the best IMO.

Thanks for the kind words there, Midnyte, glad you enjoy the site! I'm thinking of experimenting with a new way of updating for January, with one new review posted every night (or as many nights as I can get free anyway, lol), so keep a lookout here.

I've started doing something new with the updates for Vengeance Unbound - instead of doing irregular chunks of reviews for sporadic updates, I've been doing one new synopsis/review each night. Surprisingly, I've managed to keep up so far, lol. Here's what's new over the past week:

http://ghostrider.omegacen.com

Issues Reviewed:
Ghost Rider # 90 (vol. 2)
Spirits of Vengeance # 12
Marvel Comics Presents # 140
Marvel Comics Presents # 141
Marvel Comics Presents # 142
Marvel Spotlight: Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider # 6 (vol. 5)

First off, thanks to Flamehead for consolidating all of the random VU threads into this one singular spot. Makes it lot easier for me, at least, lol.

Secondly, even though the site's only had a few new reviews posted since the last update I announced, I still want to direct everyone over to the site to see the brand-spankin'-new motion banner that Hunter Rider created. I think it adds a ton to the site's visual aesthetic, and I think you'll all agree that it looks pretty wicked.

And there IS new content up for you to look at while you're there:

New Reviews:
Ghost Rider # 79 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider # 52 (vol. 1)
Spirits of Vengeance # 10
The Champions # 1

and coming sometime tonight, a review of the new Mythos: Ghost Rider one-shot.

Well, even though I kinda fell behind on the nightly update schedule, I've managed to catch myself with a host of new reviews that are now up for your reading pleasure. We've only got a handfull left before we hit the 100th review on the site...anyone got any suggestions for which comic should be celebrated as # 100?

Ghost Rider - Vengeance Unbound

New Reviews:
Mythos: Ghost Rider # 1
Ghost Rider # 8 (vol. 2)
Marvel Team-Up # 15
Marvel Comics Presents # 64
Ghost Rider # 3 (vol. 2)
Marvel Comics Presents # 65
Ghost Rider # 7 (vol. 5)
Wolverine # 89
Ghost Rider # 3 (vol. 3)

Even though I had to take the last week of January off, Vengeance Unbound is back with it's nightly review schedule for February. And today has seen the posting of our 100th review! Below is the list of all the reviews done so far for Feb., feel free to read and comment if you so wish:

Issues Reviewed
Over the Edge # 4
Blaze # 8
Marvel Spotlight # 5
Spirits of Vengeance # 2
Ghost Rider: Finale

Be sure to keep reading this week while I go through the issues reprinted in this week's Ghost Rider Team-Up trade paperback (which everyone should run out and buy on Wednesday!).

Thanks for the update Ixnay. Great work, my friend!

Vengeance Unbound has put up 7 new issues reviews since we hit the magic number 100. Also, be sure to check out the feature on the site, a gallery of Ghost Rider reprint books to look for in place of those oft-times expensive back-issues!

New Reviews:
Marvel Team-Up # 91
Marvel Two-In-One # 80
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears # 1
Ghost Rider # 1 (vol. 1)
Midnight Sons Unlimited # 2
Ghost Rider # 10 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider # 41 (vol. 2)

Even though February still has a few days left, I've gone ahead and uploaded all of the reviews for the rest of the month (in case I find myself slipping due to work later in the week, 'natch). Here's the list of new reviews up on Vengeance Unbound:

New Reviews:
Ghost Rider Annual # 2
Marvel Comics Presents # 66
Marvel Spotlight # 6
Ghost Rider # 1 (vol. 2)
Marvel Comics Presents # 67
Ghost Rider # 2 (vol. 1)
Marvel Comics Presents # 68

Awesome stuff Ixnay. You're doing incredible work there man! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"